Rocking The House

♫On The Road Again♫

"Thank you so much for having us. I'm sorry for all the trouble we caused." I said as I hugged Linda and Henry good-bye.
"It wouldn't be normal if there wasn't some sort of trouble happening when any of the boys are home. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself." Linda said, still embracing me. I pulled away and went to say bye to Jordan.
"Take care of your hand man, we need you back on the D line. Sooner rather than later." I laughed as I hugged him.
"Yeah, take care of your brain, we need you back too."
"Trust me, I'm trying. And thanks for the fun, next time I decide to shoot some stuff I'll make sure to call you."
"More like you should call Jack, he's the one with the good aim."
"True that." I laughed as I opened the drivers side door. I climbed in and started the ignition, honking heavily on the horn to tell Jack I was ready to leave.
"I'm coming!" I heard him yell from the house. I saw him hobble out towards the car balancing his bag in one hand while still walking with the crutches, a smile as big as my injured butt was on his face.
"What?" I asked. I didn't like the look he had on his face.
"Nothing." He said innocently.
"Jack?" I questioned. "What did you do?"
"Okay, promise you won't be mad?"
"No." I said shortly.
"Well then I won't tell you." He said as he buckled his seatbelt.
"Jack." I said seriously. "I promise I won't get mad. Tell me."
"Okay, just remember that you promised though."
"Fine! Just tell me."
"Well, I kinda snuck into your room last night and took a picture of your ass. I then kinda posted it on Twitter."
I slammed on the breaks and I saw my knuckles turning white.
"You did what? Please tell me I didn't hear that you just put my mutilated ass on the internet."
"You did hear that. But wait! I didn't say it was you. All I said was that this is what happens when you get shot in the ass with a pellet gun. I didn't say anything about it being you. You should read all the comments. People are very sympathetic for the poor soul who got shot."
I was breathing through my nose, trying not to lose my temper. I loved Jack, but sometimes he did some real stupid shit. I'm not talking about the dumb stuff we did the past couple days, I'm talking about really really stupid stuff.
"Jack." I said calmly. "Please remove it. I promised not to get mad and I'm trying my best not to. Just tell me you'll remove the photo."
He sighed. "Fine Sid, if it means that much to you I will remove it." I could tell by the look he gave me that he wasn't going to remove it. But I thought maybe I would give him the benefit of the doubt.
"Thank You."

The drive was long, and it was boring. I was relieved that I didn't have to listen to Jack sing to the Spice Girls and I was even more relieved when we reached the Sault. We found a decent hotel and checked in. I got Jack to register, his name is not quite as noticable as mine and when people see his name, they usually associate it with the singer. Jack was definitely not a singer.

"I'm not from these here parts." Jack teased in an aweful southern redneck drawl. "What is there to do?"
"Not much I'm afraid. Maybe we can find a pub or something and get something to eat." I replied. I pulled out my phone to google pubs and bars in the area. "Oh, this one looks good. It's called Frankie's. Let's check it out."

Frankie's was within walking distance and when we got there it was nearly desserted. We grabbed at table at the back of the bar and waited to be served. Our server was cute, but far too high maintenance for my liking. She was more Jack's type. Blonde hair, big boobs, and just enough curves to drive a guy wild. I realized I was staring when she had to clear her throat to get my attention.
"Sorry." I said. "What was that?"
"Can I get you something to drink?" She asked.
"Yeah, I'll have a pint of Keith's and can I have a menu please?"
"And for you?" She batted her eyes at Jack. Great, I knew where this night was going before it already started.
"Hmmm, do have you Budweiser?" He asked, touching her hand lightly as he did so. I saw her jump and then look back at him.
"Bottle or Pint?" She asked
"You pick." He smiled at her, leaving her clearly flustered as she walked back to the bar.
"How do you do that man?"
"Do what?" He asked.
"Make a girl wet by just talked to her. Did you see her reaction when you touched her? I touch a girl and she thinks I'm a creeper, you touch a girl and she wants to get in your pants. I don't get it."
"Aww, lighten up Sid. You just try to hook up with the wrong girls. See that girl over there?" He pointed to the pool table. "That's the kind of girl you go for. Someone who is competitative and strong. I just like how easy the pretty ones are." He laughed
"Classy bud, I knew we got along for a reason. Other than that one incident in highschool I'm glad to know that we won't ever have the same taste in girls."

The server came back with our drinks and I looked at her again. Yeah, her boobs were definitely too big for my liking.
"Are you ready to order?" She asked.
"Maybe give us a few more minutes. Hey, what is stage set up for?" I asked.
"Sunday night Karaoke. You guys aren't from around here are you?"
"No mame." Jack said, taking a sip of beer.
"Well, stick around for a few hours and you'll see how it goes." She smiled at us and left.

We sat around talking about everything and nothing, enjoying our food when we were approached by a guy who was sitting across from us. "Excuse me, but I couldnt' help but notice. Are you Sidney Crosby?"
"Even with my hat pulled down, I still couldn't go incognito. I nodded at him and held my hand out to shake his. "Nice to meet you, this is my friend Jack Johnson." I said.
"Oh my god, like THE Jack Johnson, like Sidney Crosby's best friend Jack Johnson?" The guy asked.
Jack looked at me and smiled. "Wel, I prefer to be known as Jack Johnson who plays for the LA Kings, or Jack Johnson who plays for team USA. However, I like the attention I get when I hang out with Sid. Normally no one recognizes me." He smiled at the guy.
"Wow, I can't believe this. This stuff never happens here. It's a pleasure to meet both of you. Let me buy you a drink." He said excitedly as he waved over our server.

Without even asking he pulled up a stool and took a seat at our table. We had managed to stay pretty low key the whole trip but now that the cat was out of the bag, we minus well make the best of it. The guy introduced himself as Mike and gave us his whole life story, plus some. Telling us how he had lived here his whole life and how he was a die hard Leafs fan. Leafs? Seriously. At least he wasn't a Boston fan. Jack and I listened intently, trying not to be rude and even ordered him a few drinks. I hadn't realized how much time had passed until someone got up on stage to announce the start of Karaoke.
"Are you guys going to get up there and sing? Oh you totally should! I'd love to sing with you." Mike said. It's a good thing both of us had a number of drinks in our system because we both looked at eachother and smiled. "What the hell. Why not!" I said. "But I'm picking the song."
Jack nudged Mike. "I can't believe you are letting him pick the song. It's going to be some lame Nickleback or Bon Jovi or something."
"Yeah, and if you had let Jack pick it it would have been Spice Girls." I chcuckled.
I looked through the massive binder filled with every song from Sonny and Cher to Linkin Park. "Yes! This is what we are singing!" I exclaimed as I pointed to the sheet of paper.
"What is it?" Mike asked enthusiastically.
"You'll see." I smiled as I headed up to the DJ booth to set up the song. This was me, letting loose. I probably wouldn't even care if a picture of me doing this ended up on Twitter. I secretly loved Karaoke. I came back to the table and sat down, finishing the last of my pint. I looked at Jack and give a mischievous smile. "Don't worry, it's something you'll like."

Karaoke started out with a drunk woman trying to belt out the words to Shania Twain's Honey I'm Home. I think maybe she needed to go home. She was terrible. We watched as others got up on stage, most were terrible, but some were okay. I sat back and enjoyed my drink as I watched them all. Finally they called us, and by this time word had gotten out that we were here, although most people left us alone. I knew that going up on stage with Mike would probably make his night, hell it would probably make the rest of his life. We got up on stage, each grabbed a mic and waited for the words to pop on the screen. As soon as the music started everyone was screaming. Jack and I fist pumped as he approved of the song and could act like rockstars for four minutes. The opening lyrics to "Don't Stop Believing." Came on the screen and between myself, Jack, and Mike we weren't all that bad. We did have the crowd eating out of the palm of our hands and when Jack belted out the solo everyone started cheering. By the time the song was done, I was sweating. The audience cheered and they wanted more. Jack looked over at the DJ and ordered up another song. We could have done this all night, but after the third song we decided to take a break and try to escape the bar.

I was able to flag down a security guard who helped us exit through the back door. We excited into a back alley and were laughing. This whole trip I had laughed harder than I had in a very long time. I was starting to realize that it was good for my soul. Jack threw his arm around my shoulder as we stumbled our way back to our hotel.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here it is darlings. Not too much trouble you can get into in the Sault but you can definitely have a good time singing kareoke. lol. I hope you enjoyed it I'm going to have to think about where these two will end up next, so it might be a few days before an update. But I'm thinking that a trip to see Army in TO is due.