Status: On Hold

Worlds Apart

III

The bell on the shop door chimed as Damien held the door open for Cordelia. She smiled at him as she past and saw a busty looking woman sewing a dress.

“Well aren’t you a pretty little lass.” The woman said from her project. “You’re my first customer tis mornin.” Her Irish brogue was heavier than Cordelia had heard before.

“Hello Aunt Sally. Are the men here treating you right?” Damien asked walking up to the woman and kissing the back of her hand. Cordelia noticed that it wasn’t like the one he gave her a couple hours ago. This one was followed by him being engulfed by the very heavy set woman.

“Hows your mother doin’ laddy?” she said placing him down on the floor.

“I haven’t seen her in a couple of months. Last I heard she found herself a crew and a ship.” He said walking back over to Cordelia. “I’m here for business. We found this young lady drifting on the water, and she needs a new dress.” He said showing Sally the hole at the side.

“Poor thing, drifting out in the big bad sea. I have just the thing for you darlin. Make you look good as new. How old are you child?” She said grabbing Cordelia away from Damien and dragging her to the back of the shop.

“I’m 18 madam.” She said softly. Looking back at Damien he just grinned at her as she was whisked into the back of the shop.

“Aunt Sally, is everything alright?” Damien asked as Aunt Sally whooshed the curtain open and placed her hand out for Cordelia to take. He couldn’t believe his eyes as she walked out in a deep purple dress. The hemline reached the floor length and the bodice showed off her curves. As his eyes traveled up he saw the start of a braid that hung over her bare shoulder. The cross section of the bodice stopped right where the top of her breasts were showing. Her cleavage Damien tried to tear his eyes away, realizing now he didn’t want to find a whore quickly after. He only wanted her. Her face was looking down as her braid couldn’t keep all of her hair tangled elegantly framing her face. He walked over to her and lifted her chin up to see her cheeks laced with a tint of pink.
“You look beautiful.” He said. Her eyes grazed his as he seemed to lean down.

Suddenly a silver piece struck in between as Damien pushed Cordelia a way just in time.
“That is very lovely you on you miss Swift.” Jack said as he pulled Cordelia from his sons grasp. He twirled her around and looked at her with stunned eyes. “Sally you have outdone yourself again.”

“Yes, Jack Sparrow” She hissed back him. Venom sneaking into her voice. “I’m the best on the island.” Jack dropped Cordelia’s hand as he turned to face the big irish woman. Damien took this opportunity to grab her hand and spun her into his arms. Jack and Sally were too busy arguing about Jacks actions to notice Damien leading Cordelia out of the shop.

“Lets get out of here.” He whispered into her ear. She nodded and smiled up at him. Taking her hand he lead her out the back door.

“Where are we going?” Cordelia asked as he started to weave himself and her through trees. She could feel the ground beginning to grow moist as they stopped at a clearing. Her eyes grew wide as she spotted the little pond.

“I found back when I started going to sea with my father. He and the other crew members went to go find their fun, and I decided to explore the island. It was during the day so I wasn’t scared about other pirates.” Damien turned his eyes to glance over hers. They were wide with fear. She was standing on the tree line as far from the water as she could.

“You don’t have to go in. Earlier you had mentioned something about going into the water. So I thought you would enjoy this place. Its secluded. No wondering eyes looking at you.” He said placing a hand on her cheek. Her eyes tore from the water to meet his. The only thing that ran through her mind was that he looked so...hot. Hot was the only word that described him. His eyes had a slight mixed with lust and wonder. She never thought that she could be attractive to a guy before.

“Its not that. Its just...I can’t.” Never. He could never know. Know how at the this moment the water was calling to her. The shiver that she got when she would go swimming with her mother right before she would jump in the water shocked her system. Half of her belonged to the sea. The other half belonged to the land. She always wondered which would be stronger. So far water was winning.

“I’ll take you back to the inn. Aunt Sally got you a good room. One where those evil pirates won’t touch you.” She nodded as he wrapped his one arm around her waist.

“Are you counting yourself in that batch?” Cordelia asked turning her head down

“Not unless you want me to.” He said back. Damien looked down at her. A blush formed on her cheeks. Smiling he lead her back to the small town.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment, Subscribe, recommend, or totally hate. But all feed back is welcomed!