Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Thirteen

My house was so quiet the next morning. Kara and I didn't speak and my parents didn't say a word either as we all ate breakfast. The guys of course didn't come over like they always did so Kara and I left for school just the two of us, Alex's car still in his own driveway.

Entering the school without Alex at my side felt so weird, and wrong. I guess I should get used to it though, since he said he wanted his space. I went to my locket and got my things for my first class, which I had with Alex. When the bell rang, I headed to class and took my usual seat, wondering if Alex would sit next to me or somewhere else. The class began to file in, with still no sign of Alex. Maybe he was skipping this class, or maybe he was skipping the day all together.

My breathing stopped when Alex stepped into the room just seconds before the bell rang. He looked around the room, his eyes resting on me, our eyes meeting. He looked down, sighed, and came to take a seat beside me. He pulls out his notebook but makes no move to notice me, so I pretend to not notice him either.

Class went by slowly, being extremely boring. I just wanted it to be over and onto my next class, which I didn't have with Alex. I glance over at him out of the corner of my eye, seeing that he was staring at me. I quickly turn my head away, looking the opposite direction. I jump slightly when I feel his fingers suddenly on my arm, running up and down. He usually does this in class, but I hadn't expected him to today. I pretend I don't even notice.

As soon as the bell rings, I'm up and out the door, heading in the direction of my next class. I make it inside and take my seat in the back, putting my head down on the desk. Was this how the entire day was going to go? What about the rest of the week? When would this 'space' thing be over? I hated it.

"Iz?" I lift my head and look up, seeing Jack standing in front of me. "Hey." He mutters.

"What's up, Jack?" I question. Jack frowns and sighs.

"Alex told me to give you this." He suddenly leans down and presses a kiss to my cheek and then hugged me tightly against his chest. It wasn't as good as hugging Alex but it was nice to be close to someone anyway, knowing that it was coming from Alex made it a little better too.

"Thanks, Jack." I say when we pull apart. He gives me a soft smile and nods.

"Everything will be okay, you two are too perfect to break up over something like this."

"I hope so." I mumble. "You should probably get to class, Jacko." He laughs.

"Probably. I'll see you at lunch, Iz!" With that he turns and heads out of the classroom. Once class was over, I venture out to my locker, seeing that someone had placed a dozen heart shaped sticky notes to it. I frown and pull them off, reading them as I go. They all say I love you, Izzybelle in Alex's hand writing. I smile and put them all in my locker before grabbing what I need for my next class.

I don't see or hear anything from any of the rest of the guys for the next two classes. I contemplate going to eat somewhere else, or skip out on lunch all together but decide against it, I miss my friends. So I had to the cafeteria and get a tray of food before heading out to the usual area we eat lunch, which is outside under the tree that Kara and I had met under.

I walk up, seeing Jack, Rian, Kara, and Alex already seated. They all turn and smile at me, Alex included.

"Hey, Iz!" Rian greets, patting the spot beside him. I smile and sit down, Alex seated across from me. I look up at him, giving him a soft smile before starting on my lunch.

"How has your day been?" Kara asks. "Better than yesterday, I hope." I laugh and nod.

"Yeah, a little bit." I say, shrugging. Everyone then goes about different conversations, mostly about the show this weekend, upcoming shows they want to get, or something that happened in class that day. The entire time I just sat there, eating my sandwich and listening to my friends talk. I could tell that Alex kept trying to look at me but I ignored it.

"So, wanna go on a shopping trip after school?" Kara asks me, nudging me with her arm. I look up at her and smile.

"Sounds good. I need to get hair dye anyway, my roots are looking awful." I say, tugging at my dyed red hair that was in desperate need of a touch up.

"Sounds good. Wanna do my hair too? I'm thinking I need some kind of color added to it. Like highlights or something." I laugh and nod.

"I think maybe some deep purple streaks would look pretty awesome with your brown hair." I say, reaching over to play with a strand of her hair. She nods.

"I'm feelin it, let's do it." I give another laugh.

"Sounds good." Just then the bell rings, making us all stand up.

"Let's walk to class together, yeah? We haven't been able to do that all semester yet." Kara says as we put our bags over our shoulders. Usually Alex walks me to this class, even though I have it with Kara.

"Of course." We link hands, wave at the guys, and leave. Alex just stands there, frowning. This was all his doing, he's the one who said he wanted space. I'm just giving him what he wanted, right. "Do you think I should talk to Alex?"

"No, this was all him. It's his fault so it's his job to make it right." Kara says, mimicking my thoughts. I nod and sigh.

"I just miss him, ya know? Today has been so much different because I haven't spoken to him. Not even in first period. We barely even acknowledged each other." Kara gives me a sympathetic look.

"I know it sucks, but I feel that by the end of the day, Alex will do something to make it up to you and you will be back to normal by dinner time." She says, grinning at me. I just shrug.

"Here's hoping. I'm not really liking this whole not talking to him thing." She just nods as we get to class and take our seats. Class passes quickly, though we get a huge load of homework, just adding on to all the rest I've already gotten today and the makeup work from missing the day before. Maybe it was good I wasn't talking to Alex, I would have free time to do all of this work. My last class luckily did not give any homework.

"To the mall?" Kara asks after we meet up by the front doors of the school like we did everyday.

"To the mall!" I exclaim, making her laugh. We both walk to my car and get in, me driving off in the direction of the mall. Once we are there, we go from store to store. Kara and I each find a few cute dresses and some shoes and of course some accessories. I also found a cute bag. It was around six o'clock when we decided to head to the food court and get some dinner.

"You should change into that new dress and sandals you got. They are super cute." Kara says as we finish eating. I shrug.

"Why?" I ask, laughing. "We're just going to go to the store to get hair dye and then head home."

"Just do it, you'll look cute." I roll my eyes but stand up anyway.

"I'll be right back then." I grab the correct bags before heading off to the bathroom, changing into the blue and black dress I got from Aeropostale and then the black strap sandals I got. I also changed everything from my old purse to my new one and then headed back to Kara. "Shall we head to the store and get hair dye?"

"You look amazing, Iz!" Kara says, standing up from the table. "But yes, lets head out." I nod and grab the rest of my bags, her grabbing hers as well. We head back to my car, putting the bags in the trunk before we head off to the nearest Wal Mart where we stock up on red hair dye and purple for her hair.

"Hair dying time!" I exclaim as I run into my house. I ignore the fact that Alex's car was parked in front of house house, and try not to think about how much I wish he was here. I missed him so much and it had already been a day. Maybe it really would be good to have some time apart, we'd grown to dependent on one another. "Do you want me to do yours first?"

"Sure, if you want to." I nod and lead her into the bathroom, making her sit down on the edge of the tub. I then go about setting up all of the hair dye and everything I need before going about sectioning off the pieces of hair I would be dying. "Once you finish your hair, you should go talk to Alex." She says as I start to put the purple dye on her hair.

"Kara.. He asked for space, I'm giving it to him." I say. "Besides, didn't you tell him I should wait for him to make the first move?"

"Yeah, but you miss him. You should just work this out." She says but I shake my head.

"We'll work this out when he decides to work this out." I tell her, making her sigh and shrug. WE were silent as I finished up her hair. As we waited for the dye to set, I did my own roots. After I finished with that, I washed the dye out of her hair and then my own once it had been long enough. "So, you like it, right?" I asked her after I dried her hair that now had purple streaks in it.

"I love it, thank you!" I just smiled and nodded.

"I'm going to go do my homework, I have a ton of it." I tell her after I clean up the bathroom.

"Yeah, me too. Thanks for having a girls day with me." She says as we walk into the hallway.

"Of course, we haven't had enough of them since I got with Alex so it was nice." She laughs and pulls me into a tight hug.

"I'll be across the hall if you need me." I nod and head into my room. After putting my new clothes away, I sit down on my bed and start my homework.

Halfway into it, I hear something hit my window. I frown and put my books down. What could that be? I stand up as something pings on the glass once again. It happens again as I step up to the window. I push my curtain aside and see Alex's window, where he was hanging out, tossing something against my window. I open my window and frown at him.

"What are you doing, Alex?" I ask, making him shrug.

"Being romantic?" He answers, shrugging. "Wanna come over?"

"I have homework to do, Alex." I tell him, making him pout.

"Come do it over here. It's lonely and I miss you. I already did my own homework, because I had nothing else to do." He says, making me laugh.

"What happened to space?" I ask him. He shrugs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I'm a dumbass. Just come over." He whines but I shake my head.

"Not tonight, Alex." I say. "Goodnight." With that I lean back into my room, closing the window and then the curtains. I then go downstairs and tell my parents not to let Alex in the house, which as I go up the stairs, I hear the doorbell but my mom tells him that I'm busy and cannot come to the door.

I didn't want to do this, I wanted to go stay with Alex but he wanted space, so it's what I'm giving him. It sucked, but it needed to be done.

I sit around my room, finishing up my homework before I just sit around. It was too early to go to bed but I didn't really know what else to do so I changed into my pajamas and laid in my bed. My bed was so big and empty. I wanted to cuddle. I wanted Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I realized that I never posted the outfit I had made for Isabelle at the concert in NYC so here is Isabelle's outfit for the show
And here is Isabelle's outfit that she got shopping with Kara: Outfit

I did good at updating this time! I'm getting better!! I'm really into this story right now.