Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Nineteen

November passed quickly into December, bringing the cold and the snow with it.

"Let's go play in the snow!" I yell to Alex and the rest of my friends as we sit around Alex's living room. They all laugh and agree so we bundle up in coats and beanies and gloves before running out into the cold.

Immediately the guys started an intense snowball fight that ended with Kara and I being ganged up on. The two of us soon decided to head inside and make everyone hot chocolate while they continued to play.

"How are things with you and Rian?" I ask her while we work. She shrugs and sighs.

"Nothing. I think that ship has sailed. Whatever was going to happen is done." She explains, making me frown.

"You okay with that?" I wonder. Sure, I wanted the two of them together but first and foremost was my best friends happiness. If being with Rian was something that would no longer bring her peace, then I was not going to push it. I'd rather she find someone naturally, even if it is someone outside of our group.

"Not really, but I need to deal with that." She answers, shrugging.

"Well hey, you never know. Something may happen." I try to warm her up. Kara deserved to be happy.

"Not all of us get a fairy tale relationship like you and Alex, Iz." She jokes, shoving me with her elbow. I laugh and shake my head.

"Our relationship is not a fairy tale, Alex is too unattractive for that." I joke back, both of us laughing.

"Excuse me?" We both jump and turn, seeing a very cold and hurt looking Alex standing in the doorway, pouting. "I am too attractive." He whines, crossing his arms. We both laugh again and Kara shakes her head.

"You keep telling yourself that." She then picks up three of the ready hot chocolates and leaves the room, surely to go and give Zack, Rian and Jack their's. I walk over to Alex, wrapping my arms around his neck, pressing my body up against his. He doesn't make any move to touch me back, just continues to pout. I smile and lean forward, pressing my lips against his. It takes a second but soon, he's responding to the kiss and his arms wrap around my waist, pulling me even closer.

"You know you're the most attractive man I've ever laid eyes on." I tell him when I pull back. He grins and nods, pecking my lips once more before releasing me.

"Is this for me?" He asks, pointing at the remaining hot chocolate. I nod and he goes to grab it. "Jack shoved snow down my shirt." He tells me, visibly shivering. I smile and curl up into his side, wrapping my arms around his waist. He wraps his free arm around my shoulders as he drinks his hot chocolate.

"Hey! We just came up with an awesome idea!" Jack yells as he and the others come running into the kitchen.

"Well, I did, actually." Rian says, rolling his eyes. I smile.

"And what would that be, Rian?" I ask him.

"Well, Winter break just started so why don't we head up to my families cabin a few hours away. We can stay there awhile before Christmas actually happens and we have to do family stuff and what not. We can celebrate mine and Alex's birthday up there." He explains. That actually sounded like a lot of fun. Just me and my best friends and the love of my life in a secluded cabin, doing whatever we wanted and just being together.

"I'm in." I answer, looking up at Alex who smiled.

"Yeah, that sounds like it would be fun." He agrees.

"Great! I know my parents will let us use it so. When do you guys wanna head out so we can start planning and getting ready?" He asks, looking around at all of us. I shrug.

"The sooner the better." Jack says.

"How about on Monday?" Rian offers. "That gives us four days to make sure it's cool with our parents and then we have to get food for up there and all that." I look up at Alex who looks back and smiles.

"Monday is good with us." He says.

"Can't forget the alcohol!" Jack exclaims, making us all laugh but agree. We can't be out away from our parents without alcohol. That would just be a waste of a trip.

"I'll take care of that, I can get plenty easily." Zack answers. We all nodded.

"Me and Kara can be in charge of getting food. We know what snacks and food and drinks everyone likes anyway." I offer up, Kara nodding in response.

"That'd be great, thanks." Rian says, smiling at Kara who blushes. "We should probably take two cars just so we can fit everyone's stuff and food. We also need to bring our own bedding. There's some there but we haven't been at the cabin in years so it's probably dusty and gross by now." He informs us.

"I'll also make sure to get cleaning supplies then." Kara responds, making him laugh.

"Yes, please." Rian tells her. "So... that sound good to everyone?" We all nod and Alex kisses the top of my head. "There's three bedrooms. Two with two twin size bed in them and then one master with a queen bed. I figure the couple should get the master bedroom since it'll be the two of them sleeping in one bed."

"I agree. The love birds need the bigger bed." Kara agrees, winking at me and Alex. I laugh and shake my head.

"Oh yeah, we'll definitely make good use it." Alex says, grinning. I smack his chest but smile anyway.

"Alright. Now we just decide who will share a room."

"I'll share with anyone but Jack." Kara said. I laughed while Jack pouted. Rian too laughed.

"Zack, you mind sharing with Jack?"

"I guess not, if I have to." Zack answers, smiling at the now very hurt teenager who crossed his arms.

"You can just sleep on the couch then." Jack tells Zack who laughs.

"Alright, there it is. Kara and I in one room, Alex and Iz in the master, and Jack and Zack in the last bedroom." Rian clarifies, making us all nod. "Great, I'm excited! I should head home and okay it with my parents."

"Yeah, me too." Zack says. "Want a ride home, Rian?"

"Yes, please." I step out of Alex's arms and hug the two men, then Jack.

"This is gonna be so fun!" I exclaim. They all agree before heading out. "Kara, we should get home and okay it with my mom as well then start making a list of what we want to buy for the trip." I tell my best friend.

"Sounds good to me. I'll head home now, let you two sickening love birds say good-bye."

"Hey, you get to share a room with your man, too."

"He's not my man, Iz." She argues but I roll my eyes.

"Kara, he couldn't stop looking at you. He even offered up to stay in a room with you. That's huge!" I urge.

"It's true, Kar-Bear, he couldn't stop looking at you." Alex agrees. Kara's face instantly turns bright red.

"I'll see you at home." With that she turns on her heel and leaves the room while Alex and I laugh. I turn back to him once she's gone.

"So, we get to celebrate your birthday up in a cabin. Any special ideas for celebrating?" I ask him, walking back over to him. He wraps his arm around my waist, grinning.

"I can think of a few things that involve me, you, that bed and no clothes." He states, smirking. I smile and peck his lips.

"Just that one day?" I ask. "I guess if that's the only time you want it..." I trail off.

"Oh, baby. I want you everyday like that. In fact, as soon as we get there and get the room set up, I expect us to break it in pretty quickly. Gotta see how much the bed can handle." He reaches forward, biting my lower lip. I took in a shaky breath, trying to resist how badly I wanted to jump on him and let him take me here and now in his parent's kitchen.

"Yeah? You want me to push you down on the bed and slowly take my clothes off for you?" I tease him, my voice low and husky. He gives a low gasp, his nails digging in at my hips. I could feel his erection growing against me, making me smirk. "Then, once I'm completely naked I can crawl on top of you, kissing your body, pressing my skin against yours." I breathe against his mouth. I had to admit, this was even turning me on.

"Oh yes, please." He groans, pulling my hips even closer to his. He moans at the contact. I run my hands up and down his chest, staring up into his eyes before I reach up, pressing my nose to his.

"Would you like it now.... or wait until Monday?" I whisper, my lips ghosting across his. He closes his eyes, breathing in.

"Now, then, tomorrow, tonight, every second of the day. I want you so badly." He moans, a slight whine in his voice. It was a huge turn on, having Alex practically begging and pining for me. Oh, it was hot.

"You have me every second of every day, Alex." I say before pressing my lips finally fully against his. He wastes no time and pushes his tongue into my mouth, kissing me heatedly. I groan into his mouth, bringing my fingers up to his hair and tugging. A second later I pull back and step out of his arms, making him whine.

"Hey! Come back!" He holds his hands out to me while I laugh.

"You have me every other second of the day. Right now I have things to go do." I turn and take a few steps towards the door. I turn around and look at him. "I'll come by tonight though." I wink at him. He smirks.

"Get that beautiful ass over here and give me a proper kiss good bye at least." I smile and oblige, quickly closing the distance between us, my lips pressing to his. We kiss for a second before I step back once more.

"I love you." I tell him. He smiles and kisses my forehead.

"And I you, my love. Even when you're being a tease." I giggle.

"Hey, just think about how awesome tonight will be then, with all of this built up excitement." I grin at him and peck his lips once more before I leave the kitchen before he could tempt me to stay now.

As soon as I get inside, I head up to my room where Kara already sat on my bed, waiting for me.

"I half expected you to stay over there and text me that you and Alex were busy and that I'd see you tomorrow." She says as soon as I walk in. I grin.

"If Alex had his way... that would have happened. I am going back over there tonight though, I kind of have to after what I just did to him." I say, laughing.

"I don't even want to know." She says, shaking her head. "You know... after high school we should get an apartment together." She suggests.

"That would actually be a lot of fun!" I agree.

"Just as long as I don't see or know about you and Alex having sex anywhere but you're bedroom." She states.

"Alright, I'll make sure you don't know." I grin at her before we both break into laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know no one will probably read this because I was gone for three months again. I'm not going to try to make it sound okay and that I have a reason, I don't. I've just not been feeling any of my writing on Mibba. I even thought about not finishing this story and just ending it how it was. But I feel like after everything I've been through with Alex and Isabelle they deserve to have their story told. But just a heads up, there will probably be a lot of time jumps.

As always, go check out my All Time Low Imagines blog on Tumblr. I post on that almost everyday.