Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Two

"I cannot believe Alex. He's such a little slut." Kara muttered as she looked out my bedroom window. I refused to look, knowing what I would see. Alex standing on his front porch, sucking face with some blonde ho he met at some party that night. "We should totally go cock block him!" Kara turned back to me, her eyes shining with glee.

"No, Kara." I immediately said, shaking my head as I sat on my bed.

"Iz, please?" She continued to beg, bringing her bottom lip out in a pout. "It would be so funny! And it would stop him from sleeping with that skank and getting an STD because she looks to be definitely carrying something." I groaned, knowing that she was not going to stop.

"Ugh, fine!" I gave in. She squealed and clapped her hands together.

"Yay! Come on! They just went inside." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of my bedroom. We ran out of my house, ignoring my parents odd looks that they gave us, and ran across the lawn to Alex's front door. "His parents aren't home, right?"

"No, they always have a date night on Friday." I told her. She nodded and tried the doorknob, finding that it was unlocked. We slid into the house, standing in the doorway for a few seconds until we heard a giggle from upstairs. I groaned but followed Kara up the stairs.

"Oh, Alex!" She called very girlishly. "I'm ready for some Gaskarth lovin!" I couldn't help but laugh as we ran up the stairs.

"Lexy!" I yelled, going along with it. We got to the top of the stairs right as Alex's bedroom door opened and out walked his girl of the night. She had long blonde hair that were so obviously extensions. Her fake tan made her glow orange and her white teeth were so straight she had to have had braces all throughout middle school. She was dressed in the skankiest outfit ever. A tight dress that went to just below her ass and was strapless.

"Who are you two?" She spat at us, curling her upper lip as if she had just sucked on a lemon.

"This is Alex's girlfriend." Kara said, pointing to me. "Who are you?" The girls eyes widened as she looked at me, studying me. I had to look attractive right now, in a pair of red basketball shorts that were actually Alex's, an old Blink 182 shirt and my red hair tangled and messy underneath a grey beanie, which was Alex's as well. I guess I did look that part of Alex's girlfriend, wearing his clothes and all.

"Alex!" The girl finally screeched, turning and going back into his room. Kara and I smirked at each other before following her in. Alex sat on the middle of his bed, a pillow placed over his lap. As we stood in the doorway, Kara gave me a nudge, using her eyes to tell me to continue.

"Alex, who is this girl!" I fake cried, rushing over to him. I sat down beside him and curled against him. Automatically, it seemed, his arm went around my waist.

"Uh.... she's... well...." He stuttered. The look on his face was priceless, he looked confused out of his mind.

"You have a girlfriend and you didn't tell me?!" The blonde screeched, glaring at Alex and I.

"You told me you had to go out with your parents to see your uncle, Alex. You lied to me!" I pretended to cry as I put my face in my hands, letting fake sobs wrack my body.

"What... no... Izzy..." Behind my hands my fake sobs turned into laughter, which thankfully sounded kind of similar so the blonde didn't catch on.

"I cannot believe you, Alex. Good bye." I heard some rustling around.

"Bye." Kara spoke as footsteps left the room. Seconds later the front door slammed. I lifted my head grinning.

"Well that was fun!" I said truthfully. It really was fun making Alex's slut leave.

"What the hell was that?" Alex questioned, removing his arm from around me as if he just now noticed it was there.

"We felt like being a cock block." Kara explained, sitting in his desk chair, grinning. "We saw, or I saw, Iz didn't want to look, you walk into your house with that skank so we decided to save you from all kinds of STD's. You're only 15, Lex, you don't want those kinds of things yet."

"She was really hot though!" He complained. I stood up, rolling my eyes.

"You're a pig, Alex." I told him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I'm a pig because I like hot chicks? Sorry for being a guy." He retorted.

"No, Alex. Being a guy and checking girls out is just fine. Sleeping with a different girl every weekend, some times more than one a weekend, is being a pig. The Alex Gaskarth I grew up with would never treat girls like that. So excuse me for trying to stop my best friend from being such a dick for at least one night."

"I like sex, sue me. I'm sorry if you don't like my choices but it's what I want to do so butt out of my life, Isabelle." He yelled at me, standing up from his bed as well.

"Fine, Alex. You go on and do whatever you want, with whoever you want. I'll no longer be a part of your life. You disgust me." I spat at him before I turned and walked out of the room. I heard Kara mutter something to Alex before she followed me.

"I'm so sorry, Iz." She said when we got into my room. I just shrugged and fell back onto my bed as my phone rang. I grabbed it off my nightstand and looked at the name, seeing that it was Alex calling. I hit ignore and turned it on silent before stuffing it under my pillow. "I never meant to cause a fight between the two of you."

"You didn't, Kara. It was bound to happen anyway. I hate how he's been acting lately." I told her, staring down at my hands. She came and sat beside me.

"You like him." She stated. I looked up at her and frowned.

"What? No. I don't." I insisted but she just rolled her eyes and gave me a knowing smile.

"Izzy, it's obvious to everyone except for Alex that you like him."

"Well it doesn't matter." I told her, looking down again. "He's out of my life. I can't stand seeing what he does every weekend. I never would have thought Alex would do that." I muttered. She sighed and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Maybe this has made him see the error in his ways and he'll come around. He'll stop sleeping with every girl at school and he'll realize that he wants you." I laughed sarcastically at her words and shook my head.

"I highly doubt that, Kara, but thanks for trying to cheer me up." She just sighed and hugged me tightly. "Come on, let's watch a movie." So with that, we put in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and I did my best to forget all about Alex. Though as soon as Kara fell asleep, I pulled my phone out and looked to see that I had 24 missed calls from Alex, 3 voicemails and 5 text messages. I decided to listen to the voicemails first.

"Izzy, I'm sorry. Please, we need to talk about this. Call me back." First voicemail.

"Izzybelle, seriously. Please, I need to talk to you." Second voicemail.

"Izzy, I'm coming over tomorrow once Kara leaves. I need to talk to you. You're right, what I was doing was wrong... I'll stop. I'm sorry that I upset you. Please, call me back Izzybug. I love you." I saved all of the voicemails before going to my inbox.

New Message from: Alexander
Received: 10:19pm
Call me, please.

New Message from: Alexander
Received: 10:35pm
I'm sorry, Iz. Please, call me back. <3

New Message from: Alexander
Received: 10:43pm
I'm sorry, Izzy. Please, don't be mad at me. I want to talk to you. Call me back or come over.

New Message from: Alexander
Received: 11:12pm
Please... I need you, Iz. Don't leave me like this...

New Message from: Alexander
Received: 11:24pm
I love you, Isabelle Irene Sanchez


His last text message made my heart race. In what way did he mean that he loves me? Did he mean it in the way we always said it to each other, like siblings? Or does he mean it like he's in love with me? I jumped slightly when my phone alerted me that I had a new text message.

New Message from: Alexander
Received: 12:02am
I want to see you right now. I'll be at our tree house if you want to see me.


I sighed and contemplated going. I wanted to see him. We needed to work this out. I hated fighting with him. It made me feel like a part of me was missing when we weren't talking. Being mad at him was like being mad at myself. He was my other half. I slid out of the bed, careful to not wake Kara and left the room, closing the door after me. My parents had gone to bed awhile ago so the house was dark and quiet but I easily navigated through the dark and made it to my back yard. I walked across the damp grass, realizing then that I probably should have put shoes on and maybe a jacket. It was cold out.

I got to the tree that held the tree house that my father and Peter Gaskarth built for Alex and I when we were 9. I climbed up the pegs nailed to the tree and soon entered the small space that had once seemed so huge. Alex sat on one of the beanbag chairs we had up here, his phone clutched in his hand.

"You came." He whispered, smiling. I just nodded and sat down beside him in the other beanbag chair. We were so close, our knees were almost touching. There wasn't really much room to move around in here. "Listen, Iz... I'm sorry."

"No, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have questioned your way of life. You are allowed to do whatever.. and whoever... you want. I really shouldn't have a say in those kinds of things." I told him, shrugging.

"I want you to have a say though." He sat up, staring into my eyes. "You are the one person in the world who I care about judging me. If you think I'm an awful person than I really must be an awful person." He told me sadly. "I can handle it if just about everyone in the world hates me, but never you. If you are mad at me... I can't handle that."

"I don't hate you, Alex. I'm just... disappointed. I never thought you would be the kind of guy to use girls like that..." I told him. He sighed and moved closer to me. He reached forward, taking my hands in his.

"I'm not though, Iz. I mean... I was... but... I was just with all of those other girls because.. well because I couldn't be with the one girl that I really wanted." My heart was racing by now as I stared into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Why couldn't you?" I whispered.

"I wasn't sure if she felt the same for me." He responded.

"So rather than just asking her, you just decided to sleep with the rest of the female student body?" I questioned, laughing a little, which in turn earned a laugh from him.

"Yeah.. my logic sucks. I know." I then shivered from a cold gust of wind sweeping into the tree house. "Here." Alex released my hands to slid his hoodie off of his shoulders and placed it over mine. I slid my arms into the sleeves and smiled at their warmth.

"Thanks." I muttered. He just nodded. I then felt bad for leaving him out in the cold so I stood up, making him lean back and look up at me.

"Are you leaving?" He questioned but I shook my head. He frowned at me before I curled up in his lap. He smiled and wrapped his arms around me. I turned and buried my face in his neck, taking in the sweet scent that was purely Alex.

"Sing to me." I muttered as I felt myself drifting off to sleep. I felt Alex kiss my forehead and start to run his fingers through my hair before his soft and beautiful voice singing to me lulled me to sleep. I didn't even think about how we hadn't even finished our conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just so you guys know, I have also posted this on alltimelowfanfiction.com. If you want to read it there instead, go here.
I'm not sure how I feel about the site yet. I've been a member of mibba since 2007 so... I'm kind of attached to it and it feels wrong to be posting somewhere else, even if it is a branch off of mibba, it still feels weird. lol.

so. thinks are gettin started with Iz and Alex. let me know what ya think! (: