Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Three

Waking up in Alex's arms was always something close to perfection. He always had the cutest look on his face as he woke up, somewhere between a smirk and a pout. His brown hair always stuck up at odd angles and he did this adorable thing where he ruffled up his hair and then looked around the entire room, his brown eyes half open. This morning was no exception.

I had woken minutes before so I was able to turn and watch him as he woke up, his arms tightening around me. When his eyes rested on me, he gave me a grin.

"Morning, gorgeous." He said, his voice thick with sleep. I giggled and shook my head.

"I am far from gorgeous, but good morning." I responded, leaning forward to kiss his cheek before I nuzzled my face back in his neck.

"You are always gorgeous." He mumbled, kissing the top of my head.

"Kara is probably gonna freak out when she wakes up and I'm not there." I told him, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, we should probably head back home." I nodded and stood up from his warm arms. I slid out of his hoodie and handed it back to him but he shook his head as he too stood up.

"You can hold on to it." I grinned and slid it back on before we descended from the tree house and back down to firm ground. "Let's hang out later, yeah? Jack is coming over, you can bring Kara. Maybe we can hook them up." Alex suggested as we walked towards my back door. I laughed and shook my head.

"Jack is not Kara's type. He is far too hyper and crazy for her. She needs someone a little more tame." I told him. He laughed and nodded in agreement. "Besides, what if I want Jack for myself?" I of course was kidding. I didn't want Jack. I had only hung out with him a few times, he was a great guy, but he was too much of an older brother to me for me to date him. It'd be far too weird. I just wanted to see Alex's reaction.

"He isn't allowed to have you." Alex growled, his face dark.

"Oh yeah, why not?" I questioned. "It's not like I'm taken or anything." I was doing this to push Alex's buttons. I wanted him to say he liked me. That was never going to happen though. Only in my little girl fantasies did Alex ever return my feelings.

"He isn't allowed to have you because..." Alex sighed. "Because I want you." Before I could even comprehend what Alex had even said, his hands took hold of my face and pulled my lips to his. My eyes flew open but then slid shut as his lips pressed firmly against mine. I brought my hands up, gripping at the fabric of his shirt on his torso, pulling him that much closer against me.

In all the fantasies I had once had about Alex kissing me, I never once imagined the feelings it would give me. I thought that butterflies in your stomach were a myth, not really true but right now it felt like I had entire colony of butterflies attempting to break free from my insides. My heart pounded against my chest, and with his chest pressed against mine, I could feel that his too raced like he'd just finished running.

His lips were so soft as they caressed against my own, his hands sliding back to get lost in my red hair. This moment, imagined a thousand times by me, was far more perfect than anything my mind would have ever been able to conjure up. We soon, too soon, pulled apart. Our breathing raced and matching, dazed, smiles graced our lips.

"I cannot even begin to tell you how long I have wanted to do that." He whispered, making me giggle, earning a chuckle from him in response.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted you to do that." I responded, my voice light and breathy. I didn't want this moment to end. What did this mean now? Were we an item? Or was it just a simple kiss, meant to be just a one time thing? God, I hoped it wasn't a one time thing. I needed more kisses like that in my life. Hopefully soon.

"It was always you, Izzybelle. It's been you that I've been head over heels for. For years you have been all I thought about. I thought perusing my feelings for you though would push you away and I would rather shelve my feelings for you and have you continue to be my best friend then lose you." He told me, his hands still in my hair. I slid my own hands up his chest, winding my arms around his neck.

"I've been crazy about you Alex since that time you kissed me when we were little kids." I confessed to him. We had never spoken of that day. We were 8 and didn't really understand what kissing or being in love was. At that time, I just knew that I needed him in my life forever.

"I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to kiss you again." He said. I smiled and shook my head.

"It's okay. You have time to make up for it." I told him, hoping that he would just kiss me again already. My lips were tingling from the sensations his lips left on my own and I just wanted them pressed against mine again.

"Good." He responded before he did just as I wanted. His lips pressed firmly against my own, this time much more heated, less tentative than they had been before. My lips opened under the pressure his pressed against them, allowing his tongue to slide into the cavern that was my mouth. Tingles jolted through my entire body as our tongues met. Wow, this guy knew how to kiss. I just hoped I was doing as good, or at least alright, in return. We continued to kiss, so I must not have done too bad.

"Whoa. So this is where you ran off to!" We jumped apart. I spun around to find Kara, the owner of the voice that had spoken, standing on the steps of the patio door, grinning at us. "Sorry to interrupt, I just wanted to find out where you had gone. Carry on." She gave me a knowing smile before slipping back inside, shutting the door behind her. I sighed and turned back to Alex who was grinning. He slid his hands down through my hair and across my back before they rested low on my hips, my arms finding their way back around his neck.

"I should probably go back inside. She's probably alerting my mom of this and they are both now finding the best place to perch and watch us without being seen." I told him. He laughed and nodded.

"Yes, I'm sure that is very true." He leaned down to give me a soft kiss on the lips. "You two should come over around... 6 or so. Jack was talking about some party that is going on tonight at Mike Hearton's house. It starts at 7. We can all head over together. If you want to go to the party, that is."

"You know I don't do parties, Alex." I told him frowning. Not once had I attended a party all throughout Freshman year. Kara and Alex both, and even Jack, had tried coaxing me to them on numerous occasions. They just weren't my thing though. Mainly because Alex always ended up hooking up with some scantily clad chick. Though I guess that wouldn't happen now.

"Oh come on, please? You need to meet other people besides me, Kara and Jack. It'll be fine. You don't have to drink. We don't even have to stay long." He pleaded. "Pleeeeeaase?" He stuck out his bottom lip, making me laugh and shake my head.

"Fine. But if you get drunk and leave me alone, I will castrate you." I warned him. He laughed and ducked down, connecting our lips in a semi heated kiss that left me breathless.

"Now that I can do that, I don't plan on leaving your side, babe." He told me. I rolled my eyes and stepped away from him.

"Well you have to leave now because Kara and I have a party to get ready for." He broke into a large grin and released me.

"That I'm okay with. Dress sexy. I'll see you at 6." He leaned forward and pecked me on the lips before he turned and walked across the yard, easily jumping the low fence between our yards and then disappeared into his own house. I gave a content sigh before walking into my own house. I found Kara and my mother in the kitchen, both grinning from ear to ear. Oh joy... here we go.

"Sooo..." Kara started. "How's the inside of Alex's mouth?" She questioned. I gasped and smacked her arm. "I so called the two of you getting together. It's like... destiny."

"Whatever, Kara." I grumbled, grabbing for a piece of toast that sat on the table. "He convinced me to go out with him and Jack tonight, and you are coming." I told her as I munched on the toast. I saw her face light up as she jumped up from her seat.

"Finally! This is amazing! We have to go out shopping!" She exclaimed making me roll my eyes and my mom laugh.

"Yes, you do need some cuter clothes. Let me get you some money." My mom said, standing up to grab her purse from the counter.

"I have money, ma." I told her, rolling my eyes but she ignored me and pulled out her wallet anyway. She pulled out a few bills and stuffed them in my hand. I counted $80 easily. "Whoa, mom. This is way too much money."

"Oh nonsense, you need a cute wardrobe now that you have a boyfriend." She told me, grinning. I felt my cheeks heat up. Alex and I weren't dating.... sadly. I told her this. "Oh, you will soon. Now, go!" She ushered us from the room and up to my bedroom to get ready to go shopping.

"So.... how do you think he's going to ask you out? Think it will be tonight?" Kara questioned as we got dressed. I rolled my eyes.

"We just kissed, Kara. That's all." I insisted. Though I wanted it to be more than a kiss, and I think that it was, but I didn't want to get my hopes up.

"Yeah, sure sure." She said, dismissively as she styled her hair. "Alex is crazy about you, everyone knows that." I didn't respond. I was too busy trying to contain the large smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
akghacneaiohfdl
comment? (: