Sequel: The Road Ahead of Us
Status: active as often as possible

What the Past Never Told Us

Chapter Nine

"So, you and Alex go at it all the time now, right?" Kara asked me the following week. I laugh and shake my head, throwing my pencil at her. We were currently sitting in my room, doing some homework.

"That is none of your business." I say to her, getting another pencil out of my bag so I can continue my work.

"Oh, but I think that it is because it's thanks to me that it even happened in the first place." I roll my eyes at her and shake my head.

"I'm not telling you how often Alex and I have sex." Just then my bedroom door opened and in walked none other then Alex himself. He grinned at me, obviously having just heard what I said.

"What about you and Alex having sex?" He says, walking across the room to sit on the bed beside me. His arm instantly wraps around my waist, making me smile.

"Nothing, Lex." I say. He smiles over at me before leaning over to peck the corner of my mouth.

"So, the band has news!" He says, bouncing a little.

"And that would be?" Kara asks, closing her notebook and stuffing it in her bag, obviously being done with studying.

"We have a bass player finally!" He exclaims. I gasp and smile.

"That's great, babe! Who is it? When do I get to meet him?" I question. He laughs.

"His name is Zack. He's really good, he likes to skateboard. He goes to Towson, so you don't know him." Alex explains, making me nod.

"So? When do I get to meet the final piece of my boyfriends amazing band?" I question.

"Well, that's why I came over, actually." He says. "Me and the guys have been talking, and we want to take a trip up to New York. Rian's step dad apparently has some hook ups there and is able to get us to play at some club there."

"That's so great, Lex!" I say, reaching over to hug him. "Your first real show, that's wonderful! When?"

"Well.... next weekend. Rian's parents are paying for hotel rooms for us as well as driving us, well his step-dad is at least. We want you two to go with us." He says, grinning at us. Me and Kara look at each other, giggling.

"I'm so excited!" I exclaim, bouncing on the bed. Alex laughs and nods.

"Rian wanted it to be just us guys but I told them that I couldn't go anywhere and play a show without you there with me. I knew you couldn't go without Kara so I've worked it out for both of you to go." Alex explains, making us nod.

"There's no way I would miss your guys first show." You tell him, pecking his lips gently. He smiled and stood up, letting me go.

"Well, I will let you ladies get back to girl time." He says. "I have to go talk to my parents about this whole thing. I'll call you later, babe." He leans down and kisses me, smiles at Kara, and then leaves the room, closing the door after him.

"So you think your parents will be okay with us going?" Kara asks as soon as the door shuts.

"Of course they will. Why wouldn't they be? I mean, they let us throw a party, they gave us the money for that party even. I don't think they'd mind us going to New York to support the band, especially with Rian's step-dad driving." I say, shrugging as I put my books away.

"True. I love your parents. I wish mine were that cool. Luckily though, I don't have to deal with them anymore." She sighs and falls back onto my bed, staring at the ceiling. "I'm so glad that I don't have to be in that house anymore.

"Why? What was so bad about it? I really wish you would tell me." I say, sighing. Kara gives me a sigh in response.

"I guess after everything you've done for me, you should know. It's not really as serious as I make it out to be, it's just an uncomfortable place to live." She sits up and stares at me. "My dad drinks... a lot. It's not so bad if my mom isn't home but when she is... all she does is scream at him for what he's doing and that he's such a low life and how he ruined her life. That argument then turns to how if he doesn't change his ways, I'll end up the same." I gasp, bringing my hand up to my mouth. The few times I had met Kara's parents, they seemed like really nice people, people in love, not a couple that argued.

"Kara, I'm so sorry." I say, she shrugs and shakes her head.

"It just go bad. It got to the point where I was starting to believe too that I wouldn't end up being anything, I'd be a lowlife living from pay check to pay check. I don't want to do that, I want to be successful and I think if I stayed in that house, I wouldn't have been." I nod and slide over to her, wrapping her up in a hug.

"Well I know for a fact that you will end up to do something amazing, you can achieve anything, Kara. You are the greatest person I know." I tell her honestly. Kara really was my best friend and I adored her. She was so strong even though she came from a messed up family. I'm glad we got her out of there when we did.

"Thanks, Iz." She says, hugging me back tightly. "I don't know what I would do if I didn't have you and the guys. I am so thankful that you and your family have taken me in."
♠ ♠ ♠
afhakhfad. Guys, this sucks and I am SOOOO friggin sorry that it has and that this chapter is short and blegh. But hey, you find out why Kara never wanted to be home and why she moved in with Isabelle.

I do have a reason for once as to why I haven't updated! I have started a writing blog. I write imagines for All Time Low band and crew! It's going amazing so far and you should all check it out HERE!

I will try to not take so long on updating next time. I start college on monday and I'm really far behind on my requests on the blog but I'm trying my best so be patient! thank you!

xx