Get Your Kicks

Estella Roman

I bit my lip as I saw the way Zayn and Healy were looking at each other, knowing that this could never end well. Finally I let out a small sigh, moving over to let myself out and try and make it back to my room. If I explained it had all been Healey’s idea, I was sure Louis and Niall would take it easy on me. I moved past Healy, who was still having a small staring contest with Zayn, and quietly slipped through the door.

I immediately felt arms around my waist before I was hoisted into the air and thrown over someone’s shoulder. I judged by the fact that Niall, Harry, and Liam were all smiling at me, that it was Louis who had a firm hold on me. “Put me down!” I demanded, pounding on his back as my cheeks flushed. I knew I had to be flashing him considering I was wearing a dress, and the thought of him see the nearly see through lace panties I was wearing made my face turn even redder. “Louis!”

“Not a chance love.” He cooed.

“The cupcakes were Healy’s idea.” I said, knowing Zayn and the locked door would protect my friend as Louis started walking.

“But tossing her knickers at me was yours Elle.” He then turned back to the other three boys, nearly smacking my head into the wall as he did so.

“Make sure none of them get out, I’ve got plans for her.”

“Louis!” I shrieked, my cheeks burning as he gave me a small pat on the back of my thigh. “Put me down!” He simply laughed as I weakly attempted to wiggle free without flashing him anymore than I already knew I was, which proved to be quite the difficult task. I had no idea where we were going as Niall, Harry, and Liam all waved goodbye to me before Louis turned and I started bouncing as I assumed he went up the stairs.

“It’s got to be around her somewhere…” He muttered, which only made me more nervous.

“Louis, come on, can you please put me down?”

“What, and risk you running away? You’ve got to pay for that panty shot, and not stopping me from eating a lotion cupcake.”

“Healy…” I stopped, letting out a long sigh and stop trying to struggle. To be honest I felt safe in Louis’ strong arms, almost as if no one could hurt me. And with his hand still gripping my thigh I couldn’t help but blush as I heard him let out a cheer.

“There it is!” I heard a door creak open as we walked out into the ever fading heat as the sun set in the sky and Louis finally set me down. I let out a small gasp as I saw everything laid out in front of me, my heart fluttering in my chest.

The whole roof was soaked in brilliant reds and oranges as the sun set, and on the roof of the inn we have a perfect view. But that wasn’t everything that I saw. There were two sleeping bags laid out on a pile of blankets and pillows as several candles flickered in the ever growing darkness. I spun back to Louis, who was grinning from ear to ear as he saw my face.

“Wha… I… huh?”

“Well, I figured if this might be the only time I see you, I should probably take you on a proper date while I still had the chance.” He said, shrugging simply.

“Louis, how did you do this?”

“Well when you and Healey were off making your cupcakes of terror I just ran up here and set things up.” He smiled at me, giving me that grin I knew all too well I was falling in love with. “Do you like it?” I felt my face get warm, my cheeks turning as red as the sunset behind me. I turned back to see two sandwiches and sodas sitting out by some of the candles and chuckled. I had never had a guy do anything like this for me before, and I had never really expected one to. This was beyond amazing, it was perfect.

“I love it.” I whispered, turning to Louis and wrapping my arms around him. “Thank you.” I heard him chuckle again as he hugged me back before leading me over to what I assumed was out dinner.

We talked for what seemed like forever as the sun dipped into the horizon and the moon shined down on us. This was like something out of a fairytale, and it was almost impossible to believe it was actually real. Of course, when the sun went down it started getting cold, so Louis and I climbed into our separate sleeping bags. But when we both were still shivering we zipped them together, our faces only inches apart. I felt like I could get lost forever in Louis’ eyes as we just looked at each other, lying there in the moonlight. Finally he licked his lips nervously before starting to lean towards me.

I felt like my heart was going to beat out of my chest as he inched closer and closer. Finally I closed my eyes, bracing for whatever was going to happen as I could feel his warm breath on my face. Just when he was so close that his lips had barely ghosted against my own his phone vibrated. He had taken it out of his pocket and set it a few feet away from me so I reached over to grab it, knowing it might be something important, but when I saw what flashed up on the screen I froze.

“Louis?” I whispered.

“Yeah?” He asked, starting to reach for the device, but at the look on my face he froze.

“Who’s Eleanor?” His face dropped as I pressed my lips together; fighting back the tears I knew were starting to well in my eyes.

“She’s uh… my sister.”

“Really?” I asked, shoving the phone in his face so he could see the photo of him kissing a beautiful brunette. “Is that how you greet your sister?” But that wasn’t even the worst part; the worst was that his phone had vibrated as a reminder that it was her birthday today.

“Elle, please-” He started, but I just shook my head, quickly getting out of the sleeping bag, slapping his hands away as he tried to stop me. “ELLE!” I didn’t listen as I ran towards the door, racing down the stairs back to our floor and throwing open the door to mine and Darcy’s room, making sure to lock it behind me. She shot up, her hair messy and her eyes sleepy as she looked at me.

“What’s wrong Ellie?” She asked. But the moment she heard a strangled sob fall she was by my side, holding me in her arms. Darcy may have been a bit of a wild child, she may have been a little loose with boys, but she was one of the greatest friends I could have ever hoped for, and for that I was thankful as she ran one of her hands over my hair. “What happened?”

She was answered by a knock on the door and the voice that I never wanted to hear again. “Elle, please.” Louis begged. “I should have told you, I know I should have and it was stupid but… Elle, just talk to me.” It didn’t take long for Darcy to put two and two together as she helped me up and walked me over to my bed, tucking me in and kissing the top of my head.

“Do you want me to talk to him?” I shook my head before reaching my arms out for her like a child. She smiled lightly before obliging, crawling in beside me, running her fingers through my hair and humming, drowning out Louis’s knocks and lulling me to sleep. As my dreams took me back to a scene all too familiar to the one I’d just escaped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashlee again!
So, what should Elle do?
What should Louis do?
What do you think?