Get Your Kicks

Healey Austin

Sopping wet, I glared at the boys. Not because I was mad about the water, but because I was offended that they thought that was a good prank. Rolling my eyes, I walked out of the room and back into the one I shared with Taylor and Brenna. I had gotten most of the water, seeing as I was the first through the door, and there was no way I was going to walk around like that for long.

Grabbing a tee and some jean cut-offs, I changed. Those boys were in for it. I just had to think of something to get back at them with… Looking out the window, I realized that I had nothing. Not a damn thing. Then it hit me. I knew what I would do to get back at those boys.

Smiling devilishly, I changed and went to find one of the girls to drag with me as the plan formed in my head. I remembered there being a little dinner/ bakery just a block or so away from the Inn. Grabbing Ellie, I dragged her with me to the little place.

“Where are we going?” Ellie asked as we walked out of the Inn to the blistering afternoon heat. After a few moments of me not answering she said, “Healey, where are we going?”

“To the Bakery,” I told her as we reached the half-way point. I just had to pick up the cupcakes and get started on my prank, but it pretty much came off like she thought I was plotting some dastardly deed. Well. I was, but that was beside the point.

Ellie’s eyes watched me carefully as we walked into the little shop. The smell of cookies being baked filled the room and as I walked over to a little old woman with grey hair, I hoped the order wouldn’t take long. Standing at the counter, I was glad the place was air conditioned.

“Hello there ladies, how can I help you?” the old woman asked.

“Yeah, I want to get five chocolate cupcakes, minus the frosting,” I told the woman. She gave me a puzzled look just as Ellie did and then it clicked in my friends head.

“What are you going to do with those cupcakes, Healey?” Ellie asked me.

“You’ll see,” I replied with a sneaky smile. The girl clicked her tongue at me, but the older woman said she’d get straight to the order and went into the back where there we unfrosted cupcakes.

As soon as the treats were in a tray and paid for we started back for the Inn. Glancing around, I stopped as a car and opened the tray with the cupcakes and went into my purse to pull out the vanilla scented lotion I had. Ellie’s eyes widened as she saw what I was doing.

“Healey!”

“Shhhh,” I hissed as my eyes scanned to make sure that the boys weren’t anywhere near. “After that water prank, I wanna leave a bad taste.”

Ellie chuckled a little, but shook her head at me. She knew there was no changing my mind, once I decided something I was going to do it. Squeezing the lotion onto the cupcakes, I was a bit sad to see my favorite lotion going to this, but it was worth it. Closing the plastic tray once all the cupcakes looked frosted, I pulled Ellie by the arm and back into the Inn. Knocking on the door that the boys had surprised us with water at, I was pleasantly surprised to find them all in the room.

“Hey, so this girl apparently found out that ‘ONE DIRECTION’ was staying here, and brought you cupcakes,” I said as Louis smiled at me. “I stole one. Sorry.” Shrugging slightly, I hoped he read that as a ‘Sorry, not sorry.’

“Oh, really?” Louis asked. “Then where’s the girl?”

“You’re joking right? I wasn’t about to lead that little monster straight to your room,” I replied with a raised eyebrow, “Then I’d have you bitching to me about it.”

Ellie stayed quiet , but nodded.

“Good point,” he said with a frown. I suppose he wanted it to be a prank so he could say he caught me. I was a little better at lying than he thought.

Handing him the cupcakes I walked away with Ellie at my side, I didn’t need to see the reaction. I just hoped everyone grabbed one. As we reached the door to my room with Taylor and Darcy, we could hear them spitting the cupcakes out. The door to their room burst open as I shut the door to mine, Ellie and me safely inside the now locked door. They were going to have to do better than a little water to beat that one.

A fist pounded against the door as Taylor and Darcy and Brenna looked at us expectantly. It seemed they’d decided to hang around in our room. Ellie and I shared a look before we burst out laughing.

“The boys ate cupcakes topped with lotion,” I said as I pulled the empty lotion container out of my bag and tossed it. “Or at least some of them did.”

“You didn’t.”

“I did.”

“You bloody, ERGH,” I heard from outside the door. It sounded like Louis, but I wasn’t sure. “What the hell did you give us?”

“Cupcakes,” I yelled back.

“Bullocks,” another voice shouted and I couldn’t figure out who it was.

“That’s a load of shit,” that was Niall. “Why would you do that to cupcakes?”

“Why would you douse us with water?” I asked as I moved closer to the door.

“’Cause it’s funny,” a boy responded.

“Exactly.”

“Healey,” a voice called from outside the door and I knew I was in trouble. “Will you open the door?”

“Not a chance Malik,” I yelled. “I’m not as stupid as I look.”

“Will you let me in?”

My lips pressed together in a hard line as I looked at the other girls who waited for my response just as eagerly as the boy himself. I didn’t want to let him in, but I couldn’t help it. He had me under a spell, it was like every time he said my name I fell further under it.

“Healey?” He asked.

“Just you,” I said still hesitant. Cracking the door, I found his dark hair and reached out to yank him in before slamming the door and locking it.

His head bowed and eyes found the ground, before he looked up at me through his lashes. Biting his lip, he smiled. It wasn’t what I expected, I expected him to be mad. Furious, but no, he started laughing.

“That was genius,” he said. “Louis and Niall were the only ones to try the cupcakes and their reactions were hilarious.”

At that moment I knew I was done for. I didn’t care that he had a girlfriend, he was too cute and I just… I couldn’t pretend I wasn’t attracted to the raven haired boy. It wasn’t possible. He had me. With just a few words, just looking at me through those thick lashes, he had me. It would take all my self-control not hit on him, but I had to use that. I couldn’t be that girl.

Turning to the girls, I put on a big showy smile, and said, “Score.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Paige again. I hope you're all liking the story.

Let us know what you're thinking!

xoxo