Get Your Kicks

Darcy Evans

Having Harry’s hand wrapped around mind was easily the best feeling in the world. It topped chocolate cheesecake, tanning at the beach, and even giggling baby penguins. It made my whole body tingly every time I looked at it, and if I didn’t have such an aching pain in my foot, I’d have had to pinch myself to see if I was dreaming.

He had come over to my room first thing in the morning, picking me up a blueberry bagel on the way. Taylor had been the one to open the door and she looked less than pleased, especially considering she was still in her pajamas.

I didn’t think it would have mattered if he had come at one in the afternoon as opposed to ten in the morning though, because there was something about the look on Taylor’s face that told me she probably wasn’t going to be getting out of her pajamas anytime soon.

Brenna had hopped in the shower right after I got out, so Harry and I sat at the foot of my empty bed, while he had his hand clasped around mine. My feet were crossed in front of me, so that I was facing him, while his were hung over the edge of the bed.

He looked over at me with his perfect cheeky smile and I could’ve sworn I was going to melt.

“What do you wanna do today?” He asked, as he rubbed his thumb over the palm of my hand. I could practically hear Taylor melting in the corner from her momentary hatred of the world, and luckily, Brenna and I had made a pact not to step on her toes until she was out of her funk, so I knew I had to get Harry out of our room before she blew her top.

I had no idea how to let Harry know about our impending doom without alerting Taylor as well, so I thought it best to just agree to do whatever to get us out of there as soon as possible. Brenna could fend for herself.

“Anything.”

He smiled at me and tugged on my hand, lifting me up from the bed. “Let’s go then.”

I chuckled at him before slipping on my shoes, and before I could figure out where we were going, we were out the door and leaving Brenna behind to deal with the wrath of a very pissed off Taylor.

As we stepped out into the lobby, Harry slipped on the biggest pair of sunglasses I had seen, along with a brown beanie and it took me a moment to realize he was doing it for the paparazzi. I had spent so much time with him just being normal Harry that I forgot he was actually a superstar. That just seemed strange to me.

He smiled down at me knowingly before taking my hand and guiding me towards the fountain in front of our hotel. It was one of the largest ones on the strip, and as the water poured out of it, small droplets hit my face in the most soothing way. It was really rather beautiful and a few scattered people surrounded it to get their photos taken in front of it.

“I wonder if I’ll ever get tired of these things,” Harry chuckled, looking out at the water as he shoved his hands in his pockets. I assumed that if I could actually see his eyes behind those dark glasses I’d be able to see a far off look in his eyes, but I really had no clue.

“I guess if there was ever a place you were going to get sick of fountains, Vegas would probably be it.”

Harry chuckled at that and squeezed my hand a little tighter before dropping it and wrapping his arm around my shoulder. It was sweltering hot in the sun, but he pulled me closer to him, so his body heat was mixing with mine and I had to admit that I didn’t really care. Even though the sun was beating down on us, I just loved the feeling of being as close to Harry as possible.

We were going to be leaving soon and I wasn’t sure if I’d ever be able to see him again, so I was set on making the time I did have with him absolutely perfect.

Deep down, I knew that the odds of anything happening between us were slim to none, but I didn’t care to admit that to Brenna. He was famous, with millions of girls dropping at his feet, and there weren’t many people who could actually compete with that. I was just an average girl – his escape from reality until he had to get back into it again – but I was okay with that, because in that moment, I felt like everything would work out in the end.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww, Harry and Darcy <3
Thank you so much to our lovely commenters!
I wish I could be half as fabulous as you (;