Get Your Kicks

Estella Roman

I just sat on the bed in the hotel, playing with the hem of my dress. Healy hadn’t said a word to me since I had slept with Louis, but I had heard her crying softly into her pillow last night. She had told me something about taking a walk, leaving me all alone to wonder what had happened to my friend. I was sick of all of us being so miserable because of these perfect, horrid boys. I wanted things to go back to the way they were, but at the same time I didn’t.

I closed my eyes, letting the memory of waking up to Louis flood my mind. The look in his eyes as he held me, him telling me that he loved me, now that I was sober it was too much to handle. I knew I would have to talk to him about it, and since the boys left tonight right after their show I knew I was going to have to stop being such a baby and talk to him.

I pulled on my shoes and made my way into the hallway and about leapt into the elevator, hitting the button for his floor and awkwardly shifting from foot to foot. I had no idea what I was going to say to him. He said he loved me, he’d broken up with his girlfriend for me. It was finally setting in as I watched the numbers crawl up slowly. He wanted me to go with them on their tour and then back to England, but what about school? What about my family or the press or his fangirls?

The thought of armies of teenage girls telling me I didn’t deserve him flooded my brain as the elevator finally dinged and the doors opened. I just looked at the hallway for a moment, too terrified to step out, to face him. But finally I took a deep breath, gathering all my courage and stepping out onto the plush carpet.

I quickly stepped over to the door, knocking before I lost the nerve and ran back for the stairs. I had to force myself to stay still as I heard shuffling before the door finally opened to Liam’s dark eyes. He narrowed his eyes at me, his head falling to one side as he took in the terrified look on my face. “Hello Ellie.” He greeted simply.

“Hi Liam.” I muttered. “Is um, is Louis in there?”

“I’m afraid not love.” He said sympathetically. “He went to hit the gym about an hour ago.” I felt all my courage deflate as I stood there, taking in a deep breath.

“Oh.”

“He should be back any minute if you want to wait-”

“Oh no, that’s fine.” I said quickly. There was an awkward silence as Liam shuffled in the doorway.

“Do you want me to tell him you stopped by?” I bit my lip, feeling like I had been punched in the gut. This had to be a sign, some sort of prophecy that me and Louis would never work out.

“No.” I said quietly.

“Well then, are you girls going to the show?”

“I don’t know.” I said, running a hand through my hair.

“Well, if I don’t see you before we leave, it was nice meeting you.” I looked back up, giving Liam a small smile before he patted my arm awkwardly.

“It was nice to meet you too.” I said, giving him a small hug. “Take care of Louis for me.”

“Will do.” He promised. With that I gave him another small nod before making my way back towards the elevator. As I heard the door click shut it was almost like a sign of closure or something. I wouldn’t have to face Louis and tell him goodbye, he could just remember our night together and that would be that. It wasn’t exactly a fairy tale ending, but it would be easier for both of us.

As the elevator opened I was hit with the stench of sweat and looked up, my heart stalling in my chest as Louis looked at me. His eyes were wide as we both just stood there, but as the doors were about to close he slapped his hand over the metal, keeping them open. “Elle.” He whispered. “What um… what are you doing here?”

“I just came up to say goodbye to Liam and the others.” I lied. He continued to stare at me and I forced myself to look into his eyes. “So… goodbye.” With that I turned towards the stairs, but he grabbed my arm, pulling me into the elevator just as the doors shut.

“That’s the only goodbye I get?” He demanded. I simply hit the button for my floor, trying to keep my eyes off of his toned arms peeking out from his tank top.

“That’s the same one the others got.” I said quietly as I watched the numbers. Suddenly I felt the elevator lurch as Louis slapped the emergency stop button. “Louis, what the Hell are you-” I didn’t get a chance to finish however before his lips were on mine, his water bottle clattering to the floor as he grabbed my hips. All too soon he pulled away, looking into my eyes and making my knees weak.

“Elle, I don’t want to say goodbye to you.” He whispered.

“Louis, it would never work.” I whispered. “I’m going to be living all the way in Washington while you tour all over the world-”

“I don’t care.” He promised. “That’s what Skype and phones are for. And every break I have I’ll be right there, with you.” I felt tears stinging my eyes as he looked at me, his eyes pleading. “I love you Elle, please, don’t say goodbye.”

“What about your fans? And the media? I’m not some supermodel or dancer or pop princess.”

“No.” He said simply. “You’re not.” He looked at me for a long time before tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. “I don’t need you to be anything but you Estella Roman.” He whispered. “Because that’s the girl I’ve fallen in love with.”

“Louis…” I whispered. I reached up, brushing his sopping wet hair back and pretending to gag. “You’re completely dripping with sweat.” He gave me that soft smirk, wiping his face off on his tank top.

“Got to stay fit for you.” He said simply. I let out a small sigh, looking into his eyes.

“You have so many other girls who you could actually see, who you wouldn’t have to be long distance with-”

“But they’re not you.” He said simply. “I know it’ll be hard but Elle, I’m begging you. Can we please just give this… us… a chance?” I looked at him for a long time, watching his perfect blue eyes as they tried to read what my response would be. Finally I sighed, wrapping my arms around him as I smiled softly.

“Okay.” I whispered. I felt his body tense before he pulled me back, looking into my eyes. When he realized I really had said yes he beamed, giving me that perfect smile before he crashed his lips back to mine. As we both finally let the other breathe I plugged my nose. “But seriously, please take a shower.”

“Depends, can I talk you into joining me?” I smiled up at him as he gave me a small peck. “Got to get stocked up for the rest of the tour.” He said simply. I giggled as he released the emergency stop button, sending us back in motion towards my floor. He wrapped his arm around me, pressing a soft kiss to my temple as we waited. I knew that it would be hard, that I might not see Louis for a year at a time. But he loved me, and I knew I was falling in love with him too, and in the end, that was all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
aww, I hope things work out between them!
Thanks so much everyone for being so supportive of this
I love you to bits!

oxoxoxox
LS