Skyfall

Lockdown

You could have heard a pin drop in Liam’s hotel room as Aerabella stared at him.

“What?” She finally whispered.

“My name isn’t Liam Payne.” He repeated. She started shaking her head, backing towards the door.

“You’re lying.” She said, her voice shaking. “You have to be.”

“I’m not.” He said, quickly catching up to her and pressing her against the door. “You wanted the truth so I’m giving it to you. I’m not Liam.”

“Then who are you?” He was quiet for what seemed like a long eternity, his eyes locked on hers.

“My name is Douglas Smith, I work for the SOCA. We’ve been following these boys for six months now.”

“Six months?” She asked, looking at the man before her. “So that means…” He nodded and she looked up at Douglas, he looked just like Liam.

“This killer has done this before. We knew it was someone on the tour because the bodies followed them. We didn’t realize that it was one of the boys until the other night.” She just shook her head.

“So I’m dealing with a serial killer?”

“I’m afraid so.” They were both quiet for a long time before Aerabella spoke again.

“How? How do you sound and look and act just like him?”

“The SOCA knows a lot of medical procedures the public doesn’t.” He said simply. “Such as complete facial reconstruction surgery and changing vocal chords to mimic someone else’s.” She narrowed her eyes at him.

“Why would you trust me with this? I could use it against you.”

“Because you believe in justice, not blackmail.”

“Sometimes blackmail is a stone on the path to justice.”

“That’s complete bullshit and you know it.” He said, his eyes turning steely.

“How did you rule out Liam?”

“He had a solid alibi for several of the murders, so we were able to determine it wasn’t him.”

“So where is the real Liam?” She demanded.

“An undisclosed location, I’m sorry, I can’t tell you anymore.”

“It’s a little late for that.” She said, her eyes locked on his. “What else have you been hiding from me? Do you know who did it?” Something flickered in his eyes, but it was gone before Aerabella could catch what it was.

“I can’t discuss the case with you. I’m sorry.”

“Typical fed.” She hissed. She tried to shove him off, but he didn’t let her. “Get away from me.” She growled. He didn’t say anything; he just continued to look at her. Finally he spoke.

“I know about your sister. And I can understand why you would hate me.” Her eyes grew huge for a moment before narrowing into furious slits.

“You don’t know shit. You had your little buddies look me up?”

“I had to be sure that I could trust you.”

“Well that makes one of us.” She muttered. “And you’re still a suspect. I wouldn’t be shocked if a fed was a serial killer.”

“We both know it’s not me.”

“No, you might know it’s not you. If you were even you to begin with. Now if you don’t mind not all of us can sit around waiting for someone else to do all the work.”

“Aerabella.” Was all he said. She didn’t even hesitate as she walked out, slamming the door behind her. As she was about to return to Niall room she heard a snicker behind her. She turned and saw the beautiful man she’d come to know as Zayn. He pushed himself off the wall and walked over to her.

“You’ll fuck Liam, but you won’t even kiss me love?”

“Shove it.” She growled. She turned again to leave but he quickly grabbed her arm and spun her around, pressing his lips to hers. She quickly smacked him across the face, which only earned her a smirk in return.

“Oh you like it rough, do you?”

“Oy!” Both of them looked up to see Niall glaring at Zayn. “The lady said shove off.” Zayn just chuckled, watching the Irishman walk over to him.

“Relax Niall; we’re just having a bit of fun.” Zayn insisted. “Right Aerabella dear?”

“Go fuck yourself.” She shot at him. The stunning boy pouted at her.

“Would you do it for me?”

“Zayn she said buggar off.” Niall hissed, shoving the taller and much more muscular boy.

“Wow, with a temper like that, maybe you’re the killer.” Zayn smirked.

“Maybe you are. You’re the one who won’t tell anyone where you were.” Niall shot back, Before Zayn could say another word he looked at Aerabella. “Come on Miss Haddock.” She nodded and followed, waiting until they were out of Zayn’s hearing range before a small smile crept over her lips.

“Thanks.” He just shook his head.

“He normally isn’t like that. He’s been so different recently I just…” He sighed. “I don’t know. Everyone seems so different now.”

“Seeing a body will do that to you.” She muttered quietly. They both were quiet as they made their way into Niall’s room and he handed her a mug of hot chocolate. They both sat down on the couch before Niall finally spoke.

“So, if I may ask, why did you become a private investigator? Why not just be a normal cop?”

“Well that’s a nice conversation starter.”

“Sorry, I just…” He blushed slightly. “I get nervous around pretty women.” She smiled slightly before leaning back and taking a small sip of her hot chocolate.

“Me and my captain had a disagreement about a case so I left the force.” She said simply.

“Wait, you were a cop?”

“Yes I was.” She said sadly.

“How old are you?” He asked. He was guessing maybe twenty-one tops but guessed by her laugh that wasn’t the case.

“Don’t you know never to ask a lady her age?” She said. He blushed and started to apologize before she let him off the hook. “I’m twenty-three.”

“Oh.” He said, popping back up. Four years wasn’t that big of an age gap. “You’re a private investigator at twenty-three? How many cases have you solved?”

“What is this, twenty questions? Don’t forget, you’re still a suspect.” He blushed before scooting closer to her.

“Does that mean I can’t talk to you?” He asked, looking at her with those massive blue eyes again. “If I murder Zayn can I talk to you?” He had meant it as a joke, but neither of them laughed.

“I should go. I have to interrogate Louis still.” She started to get up, but Niall’s hand gently touching her arm stopped her. She looked back at him.

“I’ll talk to Zayn.” He said simply. “And if he ever gives you trouble again just let me know.”

“Thanks Niall.” She said before standing. “And thanks for the hot chocolate.” With that she set down the mug and made her way quickly out the door and towards the station.

Louis was much more calm than Harry had been, looking Aerabella straight in the face as she walked in. His feathery hair was disheveled, she assumed from fighting off the cops who’d detained him. She’d been informed he’d put up quite the fight and had to be tackled when he’d tried to run. His bright blue eyes seemed to stand out even more in the dark room, but they were steely and cold. He was perfectly calm.

“What the hell am I doing here?” He snapped. The kind boy who’d told her she was a damn good detective was long gone.

“You know exactly why you’re here.” She said, sitting down across from him. “Harry told me everything.” Louis’ jaw clenched, the first sign of his nerves.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said simply.

“Really?” She asked, tossing a folder at him. “Because I think you do.” He looked at the folder and saw his name at the top. And right next to it in big, block letters were the words ‘POSITIVE MATCH.’

“What is this even for?”

“The semen we found in Christine Miller’s underwear. We know you had sex with her.”

“Yeah? So what?”

“So she’s dead if you haven’t noticed.”

“Well I didn’t do it.” He said simply. “Haz and I met her and Amy at an autograph signing. We went back to the hotel and we shagged.”

“And then you killed her.” Aerabella said calmly.

“No I didn’t!” He growled.

“Then why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I have a girlfriend who can’t find out about this.” His steely eyes turned remorseful. “Oh God El…” His gaze snapped back up to her. “You can’t let her find out.”

“You should have thought about that before you cheated on her.”

“Jesus Christ.” He whimpered, his head falling into his hands. “How could I have been so stupid?” Finally Aerabella sighed.

“I’ll tell you what, I won’t tell her if you tell me everything you’ve been hiding.”

“That’s all I’ve been hiding.”

“Bullshit.” That’s when Louis started tearing up.

“Please.” He whispered.

“That’s not going to work.” She said simply. He pressed his lips together.

“Well, I saw Zayn going into Niall’s room, but it was before the show so I didn’t think it mattered.” He said quietly that was when his eyes got huge. “Holy shit, did Zayn do it?” Aerabella was quiet as she looked at the handsome boy.

“Why don’t you tell me?” She asked, sitting back down. “What’s he been like in the last few weeks?” He pressed his lips together.

“He’s been a bit of a dick. Been really mean to everyone and all that. And he keeps trying to pick fights with all of us, he’s normally such a big jokester it just… it doesn’t make any sense Elle.” He looked back up at her, but Aerabella simply narrowed her eyes. She knew exactly what Louis was trying to do, draw suspicion away from him. Unfortunately the DNA wasn’t enough for her to keep him here. She let out a long sigh.

“Don’t leave the hotel, got it?” She said finally. Louis jumped up, wrapping the small girl in a massive hug.

“Thank you Elle.” He whispered into her ear. She felt a shiver run through her feeling his hot breath against her skin. His breath smelled like coffee, and his cologne smelled absolutely delicious.

She quickly pulled herself away, swallowing nervously. “Don’t thank me yet Mr. Tomlinson.” She said simply. He smirked, seeing the reaction he’d brought about in her. He stepped close to her, leaning against her and whispering into her ear once more.

“Listen, if you ever want to interrogate me in a more private setting, you know what room I’m in.” With that he pulled away, smirking again as a police officer came in and escorted him out. She simply stood there, completely stunned. Samantha came in with a thick folder in her hands. She said something, but the gears were spinning in Aerabella’s mind.

That whole crying thing about his girlfriend had just been an act, and she’d fallen for it, hook line and sinker. He was becoming more and more intriguing by the minute. “Sam.” She said simply, turning to the small girl.

“Yes?”

“I want you trailing Tomlinson. If he leaves the hotel I want to know. Do you understand?” The small girl nodded, her glasses bouncing slightly on her button nose. “Now, what did you want to tell me?”

“Ross wants to talk to you.” She squeaked. Aerabella grumbled, running her fingers through her hair and making her way to the older captain’s office.

The moment she opened the door she knew something was very wrong. The bags under his eyes were even larger than usual and he looked like he hadn’t slept in a week. In front of him was CSI Jones, the lead Crime Scene Examiner. His looked at Aerabella with cold eyes. They didn’t like each other in the slightest and harsh words had been exchanged over several cases.

“What the Hell is he doing here?” She growled.

“Because I’m so happy to have to deal with you.” He snapped. He tossed a fat folder on Ross’ desk. It flew open to reveal a brunette, brutally stabbed to death. Aerabella’s heart stopped for a brief moment.

It was Amy, the missing girl, and she was dead.

“When?”

“This morning. But we didn’t find her until now because she was left in a warehouse downtown.” Her mind was racing, why have one girl in the hotel room and another in the warehouse? But Jones answered her question. “She was probably being tortured, she bled out, the stab wounds weren’t what killed her. They were too shallow and away from her vital organs.”

“Jesus Christ.” She muttered.

“Yeah, I hope he had mercy on her, because he sure as Hell won’t have any on you.” He growled, getting back in her face. “You let this happen because you’re too busy fucking the boy band-”

“Oh you’re one to talk!” She hissed. “We all remember Arthur Millers widow, don’t we Jones?” He narrowed his eyes at her.

“At least that was just one person. So did you let them all go at you at once? Or did they take turns?”

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Ross hollered, causing both of them to shoot up and look at him. Ross was shaking, his meaty hands balled into fists. “Jones, I need to speak to Haddock.” He glared at the handsome young CSI before nodding for him to leave. Jones glared at Aerabella one more time before finally exiting, slamming the door behind him. “Sit down.” Ross hissed. She quickly obeyed.

“Look, about what I said-”

“Oh, about waiting for a body? Well at least you got your wish.” His voice was dripping with venom and it made her cringe slightly. Finally he let out a long breath and sat back down. “So, you’re in charge of this investigation, what are you going to do?” She bit her lip before her gaze went back to him.

“Put this whole city on fucking lockdown.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The plot thickens.
So, I absolutely love the feedback you guys have been giving me and I want to know, from those who've already said and those who haven't
Who do you think it is?
Hopefully the next update will be up much sooner
until then, wait in agony c:
xoxoxo
TMG