‹ Prequel: The Space Between
Sequel: On Your Side
Status: Completed.

Stay

Dancing through the night.

Before Jenna knew it, it was prom night. With the help of her mom she had gotten her hair and make up done and was in the dress a half hour before schedule, but it's just how she was. She was always early.

The girl sighed as she stared into the mirror. The dark dress complimented her skin and she questioned if the curly hair was too much.

"You look beautiful." She heard and spun around to see John of all people.

A grin hit her lips and she placed her hands on her hips, "And to what do I owe this visit to?"

John shrugged with his signature crooked grin as he leaned against the frame of the door. His leather jacket covering his thin frame.

"Are you going?"

"Of course not."

The girl immediately frowned, "Why not? I mean, you don't need a date."

"As much as I am for seeing girls in scandalous dresses I'm not down for social events. Especially when those girls all have dates." He replied, walking over to her bay window and opening it before pulling out his pack of cigarettes.

"You could've had a date." She spoke, shutting her bedroom door so her mom wouldn't stumble upon John smoking.

"You're the only girl who doesn't annoy me after a certain time span and you're taken so..." He teased and she chuckled sitting beside him.

"Well at least come to the after party?"

"Of course."

She smiled and he flicked the cigarette from the window, "I just had to come see you and all. Well really I couldn't pass up seeing Garrett in a tux."

Jenna giggled, "Very true."

John smiled and he moved from his seat, holding his hand out to her.

"Well, knock'em dead, Nickelsen."

"You act like this is a pageant."

"You act like you girls don't judge each other at these events."

"I don't..."

John chuckled, "You're not normal. So I expect nothing less."

She looked up at the boy and he smiled dropping her hand, "You truly look beautiful, Jenna. Eric is a very lucky man. Have fun. See you later."

A blush lined her cheeks and she forced herself to say goodbye as he left her room. She shook her head at how easy it was to give in to the John O'Callaghan charm. Thankfully, she wasn't like the other girls.

"Jenna! Come on! Eric's here!" Garrett yelled up the stairs and she quickly grabbed up her clutch and fled from her room.

She walked down the stairs carefully, only to see Eric waiting at the bottom looking as cute as ever. A smile immediately hit her lips and he held out his hand for her, "My lady..."

Jenna giggled and he pulled her in gently, "I swear, I think it's impossible for you to get even more beautiful than you are and wha-la. I think you made me stop breathing for a second." He whispered and she rolled her eyes at his compliment although her cheeks turned a light pink.

He kissed her cheek since her family was present. The pair along with Garrett and his date were forced into pictures by her family before finally being able to leave. The 4 had gotten a limo to share with the other guys and their dates. Minus John, obviously.

Jenna sighed once she was safely in her seat and Eric eyed her from next to her.

"What?" She asked softly. The loudness of the other boys tuning out their conversation.

"Can I not just look at you?" He mused and she shrugged, "I guess."

He placed his hand gently on her cheek, "I love you." He whispered inching his lips closer to hers.

"Love you."

He kissed her sweetly and pulled back, a smile on his lips as he grasped her hand.

"Going to be the death of me, pretty girl." He mumbled looking out the window and she leaned against his shoulder.

Once at the dance, it wasn't long until Pat forced the group into dancing. Jenna was laughing so hard at the boy who was dancing to his own beat as Eric watched with crossed arms, a smile on his lips.

"If I say he's crazy, he really is crazy." Eric stated with a chuckle.

"But come on, how boring would it be without him?"

"I know. That's why I don't complain."

She giggled and he kissed her cheek, "Want a drink?"

She nodded and he stated he would be back before walking away. She watched Pat swing his date around, softly laughing to herself as she did so.

"Did your date ditch you?" She heard and looked over to see Alex of all people.

"No, he's getting us drinks. Alex, as much as I don't have a problem talking to you. It's probably not smart with Eric here."

"Oh have to do what he says?"

"No, he doesn't care. I just don't want another fight."

Alex rolled his eyes, "He's just mad that he now has competition. Then again, he already does."

"Huh?"

"John. No one defends a girl that he doesn't like, like he did you."

Jenna laughed, "That's ridiculously untrue. We literally have known each other for years. He's like my brother that's why he defends me."

Alex shrugged flashing a smile, "Ok. If you say so. I won't argue with it. How about a dance? Just one?"

"Where is your date?"

"Restroom. She's one of those girls."

Jenna sighed hesitating as she looked around for Eric.

"I don't know..."

"Oh come on. No harm done." He spoke grabbing her hand and pulling her into the crowd without much choice. Maybe one dance would be fine. She just wanted to keep the peace.

Eric glared from his position on the floor, drinks in hand, he felt himself breathing heavily with anger as he watched Alex spin his girl around the floor. Not that he was a possessive guy, afterall, if it would have been one of the guys he wouldn't have dared question it, but Alex, he wasn't one of the guys. He was the enemy.

"Eric..." Jared spoke finally noticing his friends death glare. Eric held out the two cups and Jared quickly grabbed them before they spilled onto the floor or worse, him.

"Eric." Garrett quickly jumped in grabbing his shoulder before he could get too far.

"No, he's doing this on purpose."

"Yeah to get a rise out of you and you're about to complete his mission. Back down dude. You know she isn't going to let him do anything inappropriate. Just calm down."

Eric breathed in knowing the guy was right.

"I hate him. I literally hate him."

"Don't say that dude. It isn't you."

Eric groaned, "Well he's making me not me."

"Well Eric, you fell for Jenna, why would you think it was impossible for someone else to?" Jared asked and Eric sighed, "I know, I just, don't like it is all."

"You have nothing to worry about. She loves you. No one else matters."

"You're right." Eric whispered out as he felt himself calming down. He had to get control of this anger. It really wasn't like him and he hated that Alex brought that out of him.

Once the dance was over, Jenna quickly pulled away from the boy, "Well thank you Miss Nickelsen." He spoke smoothly, showing off his bright smile.

"Oh so welcome."

He grinned and shoved his hands in his pockets, "Just know, I could be a better boyfriend than him." He said before walking away and Jenna groaned before heading over to her boyfriend who seemed in deep conversation with the others.

"Sorry." She said immediately as she looped her arm around his.

"No worries. You know I trust you."

She smiled up at him and he kissed her softly, "Better dancer than me?"

"I don't know, Halvo. Show me what you've got." She joked and he chuckled as he pulled her onto the dance floor right as a slow song began to play.

A smile hit his lips as he wrapped his arms around her waist and her arms went around his neck.

"Is this everything you always thought it would be?" He asked and she smiled, "I'd say better."

"Better? How so?"

"Well, I never thought I'd be here with you."

He smiled, "I never thought I'd be here with you."

"Well good thing you got brave before time."

Eric laughed, "I know. Otherwise, I'd be Alex right now, filled with envy at the boy who got to dance with you like this."

She smiled and he leaned down to capture her lips.

"He is looking." She said and he let out a laugh as he glanced over at the boy who was glaring at the two.

"Yeah, well he can continue doing so." He mumbled before turning his back to Alex.

He really didn't know how he was going to get rid of the guy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh what's this?! An update?! Get outta here! :p

John's affection made an appearance, and Alex is starting to be more involved!

Thoughts?