Status: this is also on Quizilla.com

The New Legacy

Twenty Four

" Hey beautiful. "

I bowed my head and tried to swiftly walked past him but he moved in front of me.
" Babe, please. I -"
" No. " He opened his mouth to speak again.
" Gabriella , " He paused, shocked that I had actually let him get a word in, " I'm sor - "
" Randy, I really don't wanna hear it. " I wasn't having his fake ass apology. I pushed past him and walked into the other room, prepared to crawl into the warm bed and finally get some sleep. I rolled onto my side to face the big french doors so Randy's only view was of my back. He came up behind me and sat on the bed, soon slipping a hand onto my side.

" No. " I whispered only high enough for him to hear.

He let out a sigh, signally defeat. I did feel happy with myself but then again I felt terrible for doing this to him even though he did it to me as well. The guilt was eating me alive and I was reaching my breaking point. I just wanted to be civil with him and I just wanted to us to go back to normal. Just Randy and I, not Randy, Maria, and I. That's not how it was supposed to happen. He was my best friend, the man I fell so hard for and fell so in love with. He was supposed to love me only, not her. She just had to come destroy everything that mattered to me, stupid homewrecker. She ruined everything! Everything...

" I love you . " I heard him whisper quietly.

What a lie. Just because I had left him for one night out with my friends he thought he could tell me that, and try to tell me he's sorry? I don't think so. He wasn't going to fix this not end this first because the next morning when I woke up, I as mindset to end this before he even had to the chance to think about it.

I opened my eyes and was immediately blinded by the sunlight. I sat up in bed and it smelled like Randy had been up cooking, but the weird part about that is... Randy doesn't cook. I swear if I walk out into MY hotel room and see Maria with MY boyfriend, someone will end up in the hospital and in jail, guess who's going where. I climbed out of the bed and grabbed my Orioles Baseball hoodie from the chair and slipped it over my head and put it on. I braced myself for the worst when I walked out into that living room, but what I saw was the opposite. Randy had just entered the room, alone, with two McDonald's bags and two large orange juices. He sat the bags on the counter and smiled over at me. His smile. The smile that still made my heart skip a beat. I was so in love with that smile of his. Sadly, I was in love with everything about him.

" Good morning. I got you a bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel. I know you don't like the egg part so I took off the egg myself for you, " He paused taking the sandwich out of the bag, " Oh! and I got you some juice. " He handed me both. I just kind of stood there, shocked. He took everything out of the bag and sat it down on the table. He sat down, about to start eating, until he noticed that I was still standing up.
" Gabriella, " My gaze went from the food in my hands to the two beautiful blue eyes of my boyfriend, " Please. Just sit here with me. You don't have to sit next to me or even near me. Just with me. " He told me gently. I sat at the opposite side of the table from him. The look in his eyes as he said those words to me hit me hard and ate away at the guilt inside of me.
" Thank you. " I mumbled as we started eating. I saw him smile from the corner of my eye. That was the first time he's smiled at me since last week before work.
" Don't mention it, Bri. " I heard the smile in his voice. I don't know what he was trying to get at with this, the breakfast. Maybe he was trying to soften me up so he could just end it with me after we ate, but of course, I wasn't going to let that happen. I was stronger than he thought I was and I wasn't going to let him end this first.

After we had finished eating, I had gotten up and thrown my trash away. After I had finished the last sip of my orange juice I placed the cup in the trash and looked directly at Randy just as he did me.

" We need to talk. " We both said at the same time. Fuck, I need to do this first.
" Su-sure. Sit. " Randy said as we walked over to the couch and sat down. He just looked at me. We both said each other's names.
" Go, Bri. "
" No, Randy. You go first. "
" Just say what you need to say, Gabriella. " He became louder. I bit down hard and glared at him for a few short seconds.
" This isn't working out. " His face immediately fell and the look in his eyes went from eager to destroyed.
" What. What isn't ? " I lowed my head, looking down to my hands in my lap. If I had looked him in the eyes I wouldn't of been able to do this.

" Us, Randy. I can't do this anymore. We're not the same anymore. I'm sorry. "

" No. " He growled.
" What? "
" We're not done. Gabriella, there's been some shitty things happening to me lately and the last thing I need is for you leave me when I need you most. Please don't do this to me. " He reached for me but I pulled away. I was getting more angry.
" What?! Are you joking, Randy?? Please tell me you are because I didn't know pushing me away and going out with Maria every night is needing me the most. You've been spending more time with her than you have me. You're probably fucking her too. " I stood up, enraged. The look on his face after I said that, was heartbreaking. I felt terrible for saying that to him but I just had to. It was the truth.
" What are you talking about? "
" What do you mean, what am I talking about?! The past five nights you've been leaving me here, going out with Maria. Please don't' give me that bullshit of 'I wasn't with her, baby, you're all I want' because I know that's a fucking lie. "
" Gabriella, no. That's not it. I swear, I - " I cut him off.
" You told me you were done with me, Randy. Remember yesterday at the airport? You rolled up with her, smiling, laughing, and having a good time. When's the last time you had fun with me? I haven't seen you smile at me in over a week. I've been trying and - " He cut me off by putting his hand over my mouth.

" Would you just shut up and let me talk !? Please ! " I shut my mouth as he became loud and my grip on his hand loosened as he dropped it back to his side, " Thank you. Look Gabriella, I messed up okay? I fucked up, but that last thing I need is for you to leave me now. I need you, Bri. You're my best friend. I love you. I NEED YOU! You, only you. I don't want her. " I just sat down. My heart breaking over and over again.
" Did you cheat on me, Randy? " He just sat there, quiet. " Please, I at least deserve an answer. " He sighed.
" I messed up. " He whispered. That was it, my heart was in pieces, laying at the bottom of my stomach. I had started shaking.
" No, no, no, no. " I mean, I had though about it, but hearing it from him made it a millions times worse.
" Gabriella, please. " I ran out of the room, slamming the door behind me and I just ran. I kept running. I had no idea where to go. The tears were falling now, and I just couldn't stop them. I didn't care who was watching because right now, I was hurt and I was hurt bad. I ran up 3 flights of stairs and started pounding on last door down on the left. The door flew open and I fell into the arms of my mentor. My boyfriend's best friend. The one person who I knew who knew Randy better than I did.

" Gabriella, what happened ?! "
♠ ♠ ♠
ENJOYYYY, sorrry if it's small.