Status: Feed back please.

Mistaken Moments

Chapter 11

Josh stretched and opened his eyes; he picked up his phone seeing that he had ten missed calls and twenty text messages. He groaned. He looked at the time. It was two o’clock in the afternoon. “Jesus Christ.” He cursed sitting up rubbing his eyes. The bus was leaving at three. He looked at the sleeping figure beside him. She was beautiful. He didn’t know where they stood after last night. He was such an idiot, Nikki left him, cheated on him and now she wanted him back to toy with his head. Right here beside him was a beautiful, smart woman who liked him for him. He didn’t want to see her leave today.

“Ella…..honey.” he said shaking her softly. “What time does your flight leave today?”

She groaned and pulled the blankets over her head.

“Ella.” Josh said again, shaking her a little harder.

“For the love of GOD Josh I am going to kick your ass.” She said sternly him. “What is the freaking deal?

She threw the covers back and looked at him.

“What time is your flight?” he asked again, trying not to laugh at her.

“One, what time is it now.”

Josh eyes got big. “I think you missed your flight.”

Ella shot up in bed; her hair was standing in every direction. She grabbed her phone and seen missed Texts and calls from Sara. “Oh my fuck. Josh we slept the day away. I will never get back to Vancouver today.’’

“Don’t go. Come on the bus with us to Saskatoon and catch a plane from there in a day or so. We have two days off before the next show. We could just spend it together and get to know each other. Please Ella.” Josh pleaded. He looked like a child whining for candy

Ella sighed. She wanted to stay but she had work and Mo to think about. “I do have some vacation time but Mo needs food and such.”

“Do you have a spare key hidden anywhere? I can call my sister Sara she would stop by and check on him.”

“Let me text my Sara and see if she made the flight and she could stay at my place and keep him company.”

Josh’s eyes light up. “You’re going stay?”

She smiled “You are stuck with my Ramsay for a few days.”

Ella had gotten a hold of Sara she was going to take care of Mo and let the hospital know that she was going to take some vacation days for stress relief. She was excited that she was going to be able to spend some quality time with Josh. She wanted him to forget that Nikki even existed.
Ella never in life would have imagined that she would be stuck on a bus with five men, well six if you count the grumpy bus driver. Josh, Ian, Matt, Mike and their Guitar tech Brett. She was so glad she stayed, she really seen Josh for who he was, he was this big jokester, he was a man child. She loved it. Her stomach was sore from laughing at the guys and their antics and they had only been on the bus for over a hour.

Ella yawned; the boys were playing video games. She was so tired.

“Sweetheart you are tired.” Josh noticing her eyes heavy, she was starting to fall asleep. “Come with me.” He said taking her by the hand and leading her from the very back room of the bus into the next place where the bunks were.

Ella looked at the bunk and back at Josh. “Really?” she asked. “How the hell do you fit?”

Josh laughed. “My feet always hang off the bottom, it is rather annoying. But since your short you will have no issue with that.” He winked at her, she rolled her beautiful grey eyes at him.

Ella climbed into the bunk and lay on her side. “You come lay with me for a little?”

Josh smiled and climbed in with her. “I will stay for a bit, till you fall asleep then I will move; I will sleep at the back of the bus on the pull out couch.”

Ella pouted out her lip. “I wish you could stay with me.”

He smiled. “You won’t be wishing that trying to sleep in this stupid bunk with me. It is bad enough sleeping in here alone. I hate the bus.”

She sighed and cuddled into his body, Josh could feel her warm breath on his neck he wrapped his arm around her small frame. He felt her soft lips brush against his neck; she kissed him again and again. It was an instant turn on.

“Woman.” Josh said softly. “You need to stop that.” He closed his eyes and sighed loving how her lips felt against the sensitive skin of his neck. He inhaled the scent of her hair and pulled her closer to his body. He needed to stop her, god he needed to stop her. “Sweetheart.” He said as she pulled back just far enough he could see her beautiful eyes. “You are suppose to be napping.” He brushed his hand on her face. “I am going to kiss you once, then I am going to get up and go ask the bus driver to pull over so I can go for a smoke, to keep me from trying to tear you clothes off and attempting to have my way with you, but I know it will never work in this bunk.” He grinned down at her before covering her lips with his, the kissed lasted a little longer than planned, and he pulled back breathless. “Damn woman.”

Ella giggled; she loved seeing the lust in those beautiful blue eyes. “You need to leave now.” She said softly.

Josh groaned, ran his hand through his hair. “I hope you happy……..” he said in an annoyed tone. He threw his hands up in the air and started to walk away, he didn’t get far, and he turned abruptly and came back and kissed her, one last time. It was passionate and left her breathless, then he walked away laughing.

He stepped down off of the bus; it was starting to get dark. The night air was warm against his skin. He lit a smoke and took a long slow drag off of it.

“Hey.” Matt said hoping down out of the bus. “You need to quit that disgusting habit.”

Josh chuckled. “Ya man I know. I have cut back but I just needed a distraction.”
Matt grinned. “Is she sleeping?”

“I don’t know honestly.” Josh laughed. “I needed to get away from her, damn that woman is intoxicating Matt. I almost fucked it up last night, with Nikki and all. I don’t know what it is about Nikki that I think I need.”

“She is familiar and you loved her and she broke your heart.” Matt said. “You like Ella?”

“Like, yeah I do. She is different. “Josh said tossing his smoke to the ground and stepping on it. “I am not in love with her but I definitely like her. It has been all physical pretty much though except for today here on the bus with you guys. We actually had time to talk a little.”

Matt grinned. “I bet the physical is pretty fucking sweet.”

Josh smiled, running his hand through his hair. “Come on Matt.” Josh said going back on the bus. “Let’s go find something to amuse ourselves with for the next few hours till we can get off this bus in the wee hours of the morning.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had seemed like she had been sleeping forever. She stretched and winced from the pain that radiated through her body. The bunk was the most uncomfortable thing she had ever slept in. She looked around it was dark, except for the floor light. She noticed that no one else was in their bunks they must have still been up. She did not move, she just laid there. She reached into her hoodie pocket and took out her cell phone. It was almost three am.

She went to sit up, banging her head on the bunk above her. “Ouch.” She said placing her hand where she had smashed her forehead; she felt warm liquid ooze through her fingers. “Lovely.” She said crawling out of the bunk, pretty much rolling out. She had no idea how Josh managed with him being as tall as he was.

She walked up to the bathroom to see the damage she did.

“Hello.”

“Jesus Christ…..” she hollered, jumping and turning around. “Ian what the hell are you doing sitting there in the dark like that.”

He giggled. “Well I am having a drink………..well a few drinks………by myself.”

Ella found a switch and turned the light on in the front sitting room.

“Your bleeding.” He slurred pointing to her head.

“Ya I know…..” she said softly, I was just heading to the bathroom to till you scared the crap out of me. She picked a tissue up and dabbed her forehead, she sat down across from Ian,

“You are beautiful Ella.” Ian slurred.

Ella giggled, “Thank you.”

“No you don’t understand.” He started and reached across the table to take her hand. “You are really beautiful.”

Ella pulled her back laughing, trying to blow off the uncomfortable feeling she was having.

“Josh is a great guy…….don’t get me wrong.” He slurred. “He just isn’t good enough for someone like you.”

Ella didn’t really know what to say. Ian was Josh’s friend, in the same band. You would think he would want Josh to be happy, and support him.

“It is just Ella……….when it comes to Nikki, they were together for a long time. Josh still loves her or he wouldn’t keep talking to her and stuff.”

“Ian I am really thankful for your concern. I will take my chances. You should really drink some water and go to sleep.” She smiled and stood and walked back towards the back of the bus where she knew Josh would be. She could hear laughter as she approached the door
.
“Hey.” She said as she pushed the door open and entered the room. “You guys never sleep?”

“Nah…..we will be at the hotel in about twenty minutes.” Matt said not looking away from the game they were playing.

Josh looked up and smiled, patted the spot beside him for her to sit down. “Sleep well?” he asked wrapping his arms around her waist as soon as she sat down. Josh had put the game controller down.

“You are funny. Sleep well in that thing that is supposed to be a bed.”

All three of them laughed. “Welcome to the life of a rock start.” Mike said.

“I don’t know how you guys do this all the time. I would lose my mind.”

“Well…….we already were insane before………so this life is great for us.” Matt said.

“Ian is pretty intoxicated.” Ella stated playing with Josh’s fingers.

“Yup he gets that way sometimes. His release on the road. We just ignore him till he sobers up.” Mike said as he stood up. “I am going to go check on him.”

Matt stood there for a few seconds, before he decided to go check on Mike and Ian leaving Josh and Ella alone.

“Finally.” Josh said pulling Ella to him. He held her close, inhaling the scent of her hair.
“Josh?”

“mmmh”

“You must be tired.”

“I am……we should be at the hotel any minute. Then we can sleep.” He said lying back on the couch and pulling Ella back with him. He closed his eyes.

“Josh?”

He smiled. “What Sweetheart?”

“I really wished you were not tired. I am wide awake now.”

Josh felt her lips against that sensitive part on his neck. She kissed his neck, slowly. He could feel her teeth graze his skin.

“Josh?” she breathed.

“mmmmh.”

“Do you think anyone will come back here?” Ella asked and sucked gently on his skin by his collar bone. That was going to leave a mark, he thought.

“Well if they do they are going to get a show.” He said flipping her over onto her back. “You sweetheart, know how to turn me on.”

Ella smiled pulling him closer to her so she could kiss him. “You are just so addicting Joshua.’’
He grinned. “I hope that is a good thing.”