Status: Feed back please.

Mistaken Moments

chapter 5

Ella watched them load her little black car on the back of the tow truck. It was the only way Josh knew how to fix it. He did look under the hood trying to be manly, then just shrugged his shoulders and tossed Ella his phone.

“Where do you want to go eat?”

“My place.” Ella smiled. “I will cook you breakfast slash lunch."

“Cool.” Josh grinned and tossed his keys at her. “You drive.”

Ella climbed into the car, she couldn't reach the pedals. Her head was almost all the way in the back. She pulled the seat up, Josh giggled at her.

“I am short.” Ella snapped at him.

“I know, I noticed.” He gave her one of those famous half smiles. “Let’s go sweetheart, I'm starving.”
They drove across town, to a small suburb; Josh messed with the radio the whole way over. Complaining that there was never anything good on, meaning Mariana’s Trench. 

Ella pulled the car up in front of a little white house. “We are here.” She smiled getting out of the car. Josh followed her, taking in his surroundings. Ella unlocked the door and disarmed the alarm. “Hey Mo.” She said bending down to pat her grey tabby. “Mo this is Josh. Josh, Mo.” She smiled as Josh entered her little home. 

“Nice.” He said looking about the room. Pretty much open concept between the kitchen and the living area, the kitchen counter divided the two rooms. He noticed two doors off to the left, must be bathroom and bedroom, and at the back of the living room French doors that let out to a deck, with a small fenced in yard. Her furniture was simple too, big couch, tv, coffee table and a plant. “You live here by yourself, no roommate?”

“Just me.” She said softly from the kitchen. She was cutting up some green pepper and onion. Josh had come up behind and was looking down over her shoulder. “You like?” Ella asked looking up at him.

“I do” he smiled down at her. “Can I help you with anything?”

“Ummmm can u shred cheese?”

“I can try..."

She went to the fridge, retrieved the brick of cheese and handed him the shredder.

“Don’t hurt yourself with that.” She grinned as she cracked eggs into a bowl.

He rolled those blue eyes at her and shredded the cheese with no mishaps.

Ella cooked the omelets, made toast and cut up some fresh fruit. Then she set the table. Josh was talking to her the whole time. Asking her about her family, she was an only child; her mom had passed away when she was younger. Her dad had raised her. Her dad was remarried now to someone almost her age.

“Here you go.” She said placing his plate in front of him. She sat down across from him, at the tiny little table. “My dad is in Toronto. Sarah and I moved out here right after school for college. I really don’t know where I would be without her. I know she seems shallow, but she really has a heart of gold.”

“Ya, Matt says the same thing about her. I think she puts up a tough front to protect herself from getting hurt.”

Ella watched him, she noticed his hands. They were so big, she loved his hands. She really loved everything about him. His lips, perfect for kissing. 

“No boyfriend?”

“Huh?” she said being broken from her trance of staring. She hoped he hadn't notice. “Nope, in college I used guys for sex, if you can believe that of me, but true story.”

Josh laughed. “Why wouldn’t I believe that? You seem like such a slut.”

“ I am not proud of it.”

“Well I have had plenty of one night stands on the road. So I guess we are equal. Soooooo, No boyfriend then?”

“Nope, no boyfriend; I was dating a doctor a few months back but it did not work out. You have a girlfriend?”

“Nope, well ya know. I had a girlfriend, her name is Nikki. Up until recently I was still sleeping with her. She will text me from time to time but I have been ignoring her.”

“Well you should just tell her that you don’t want her to contact you.” Ella said softly.

Josh shrugged. “I don’t want to talk about her. What do you want to do now?”

“We can go pick out some lame movies out of my movie collection, and lame they would be except for my Harry Potter, and Twilight movies.”

“Twilight, REALLY?”

“Don’t make fun. Have you seen them?’’

“Really? You are really asking me that question?” he said rolling his eyes. “No I haven’t, and I really don’t want to see them.”

Ella looked at him and pouted. He smiled at her, she was cute as hell. “Okay let's just watch something dumb on netflix, pick some random tv series and watch.”

“Okay…..” Josh said moving from the kitchen table to the sofa, sprawling out. Ella turned on the tv and sprawled out beside him on the sofa. She leaned her body back into him.

“This okay?” she asked looking up at him.

“More than okay.” He smiled and held her gaze.

Ella looked away quickly. “X-files it is.” She cuddled back into his body, he was so warm, she felt one of his arms drape softly over her waist.

They spent all day on that sofa, with occasional breaks, bathroom, food and smoke breaks for Josh. She constantly nagged him about smoking, in a playful way. 

“It is getting late, I should be going.” Josh stated as he stretched and stood up.

Ella looked at him. “Do you really have to leave? I won’t be able to see you till you get back. I think I might miss you.”

Josh offered her his hand, pulling her to her feet. “Ella I think I like you.” He grinned.

“I like you too Josh. I just feel comfortable around you.”

“Same.” He said pulling her to his body, hugging her small frame, kissing the top of her head. “You are extremely short.”

She pulled back and looked up at him, grinning. “You are too tall.”

He chuckled. “You are cute.” He reached down and pushed her hair back from her face.

She blushed. “Please don’t go.”

He gave her one of his half smiles. “If you insist I stay...”

“I do.” She smiled. “You want some wine, and I have a hot tub on the deck.”

“I like how you think woman. I don’t have any swim trunks with me. It isn’t something I carry on me.”
“It is dark out, and I promise I won’t look.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They finished off a bottle of wine, they chatted and laughed at some of Josh’s stories about the band, and some of their times on the road.
 
“I am turning into a prune; we've been out here for awhile. I'm getting sleepy too.” Ella said, standing up, turning her back to Josh and wrapping a towel around her.

Josh couldn’t keep his eyes off of her outline in the dark. She was beautiful. She turned to him and handed him a towel. Then she turned her back so he could get out. He wrapped the towel around his waist and followed her back into the house. They went into her room, she turned the bed down.

“Ella.” Josh said just above a whisper.

She looked at him, in the dimly lit room. His eyes were smoldering. He didn’t say anything else; he closed the distance between them and took her in his arms, covering her mouth with his....

“Josh…….hey, Josh?"

He jumped and his daydream was broken.

“Sorry.”

She smiled. “Here are your now clean sweats and t-shirt, you can sleep in them.”
He took them from her. He was cursing himself in his head. “What the hell is wrong with you Ramsay? Look at her, she is fucking gorgeous and you don’t make a move. What has ever stopped you before from taking what you want?” He pulled the gym pants on and crawled into bed beside her, she was facing him. 

“Thank you for today.” He said softly. “I love how you treat me like a person and not a rock star.”

“You are welcome.” She said in a sleepy voice. “You are too awkward to be a rock star.”

“Awkward?” he laughed.

“Ya, but it is a sexy awkward.”

“Ok that makes it a little better.” He stated watching her eyes close, her mouth fell open just a little, and she was asleep. “Goodnight beautiful.” He whispered quietly, touching the side of her face, before closing his own eyes and falling into a comfortable and easy sleep.