Status: Feed back please.

Mistaken Moments

Chapter 6

Ella was tired and wanted to go home. It had been a long exhausting day. Josh had dropped her off before he went off to get done what he had to before he had to leave, which was the next morning. She had said goodbye to him, gave him a hug and her cell number so they could keep in touch. She had only known in for a few days, but she was getting a little attached to him.

They were just friends, he would kiss her on top of the head, and he would hug and cuddle with her. That was the extent of the physical contact. She couldn’t get him out of her head. She wanted to see him.

She finished up what she had to get down before leaving for the day, checked on a couple of patients, found the Dr for something she need him for and now she was going to go get changed and go home.

Once she was changed in the parking lot, she realized then that her car was still broken. She sighed running her hand through her hair. She dug her cell phone out of her and texted Sara. Who hardly ever texted her back. When she got no response she dialed her friends number.

“Hello.” Sara said

“Wow you actually answered the phone.” Ella stated sarcastically.

Sara giggled. “I am not busy right now. Where are you Stella.”

“Standing in parking lot at the hospital, just remembered that I had no car.”

“It is not fixed yet.”

“No it isn’t, where you at?”

“At the condo. We are having a farewell get together for the guys tonight. We are barbecuing and having drinks. What are you doing? I miss you, and we need to talk.”

“Well once I get home, I am taking a bath and going to bed.”

“Is there anything going on between you and Josh?”

“No, we are just friends. Why?”

“Well his ex girlfriend has been here all afternoon, she is still here. I really can’t stand her, she uses and messes with his head.”

“Oh…….” Ella started then she seen Dr Edmund Channing coming towards her, they kind of dated a few months back. Ella found him obsessive and had broken things off with him.

“You need a drive?” he asked coming towards her.

“Who is that?” Sara asked hearing the man’s voice.

“Dr Channing.”

“Don’t let him take you anywhere Ella.”

“I will talk to you later.” Ella said hanging up the phone.

********************************************************************
“Who was that?” Matt asked Sara, he heard the panic in his friends voice.

“Ella.” Sara said, Josh’s attention had turned towards Sara now as well. He had been thinking about her all day, Nikki was here now and she wouldn’t leave. He didn’t want to be rude and tell her to leave. He didn’t want to be around her at all. Which was a first. “She is letting her psycho ex boyfriend drive her home I think.”

Josh grabbed his cell out of his pocket and texted her.

“Sweetheart, I will be right there to get you. Stay there.”

“I am sorry I forgot to text you to ask you if you needed a drive,
but Nikki has been here all day bugging me.”

“Hi, Edmund.” Ella said as the man approached her, he was very attractive but he was a jerk.

“Do you need a drive? I am heading that way, can drop you off.’’

Ella smiled. “You don’t mind.”

“Not, at all. My car is over there.”

They started to walk across the parking lot. Ella heard her phone. She looked at it, and smiled when she seen the message was from Josh.

“Edmund thanks anyway but my friend is on his way.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yup.” Ella said softly. She looked down at her phone, and texted Josh back.

“Okay, when you get here pretend you’re my boyfriend :P”

“Okay, well I will wait for you till your friend arrives then.” Edmund said clearly and distinctly pronouncing every syllable of every word. “How have you been? I don’t see you much since you transferred to the Emergency Department.”

“I have been good.” She said looking away from him. She could feel his eyes watching her every movement. It should only take Josh maybe ten minutes, she was hoping anyway. She was excited to see him, when she had said goodbye to him that morning, she thought that would be the last time she seen him till her returned in eight weeks.

”Are you seeing anyone?”

She looked at him, thinking it is none of your flipping business. “Ya I am, kinda.” Just that moment Josh’s little black Honda accord pulled up. He leaned across the seat and opened her door. He smiled at her when their eyes meant. “Cya Edmund.” She said getting into the car, she just got in, didn’t even get the door shut when Josh pulled her to him, covering her lips with his own, and she relaxed into him. She could smell tobacco, and the faint smell of alcohol. She could taste the alcohol on his lips. She instantly pulled him closer to her, lacing her fingers in his hair. Josh pulled back and smiled at her. He glanced out the window slightly to see if Edmund was watching, which he was so Josh placed his hand on the side of her face, moving her face back towards his, he softly brushed his lips against hers, he loved how soft her lips were. He pulled back just far enough to see her beautiful grey eyes looking back at him. He reached around her and closed the door, then pulling her back into his arms, running his hand over her soft hair before kissing her again. He could feel the kiss intensify, they were both enjoying this a little too much for acting. “We should get going.”

“We should, and thanks.” Ella said blushing a little.

“It was really my pleasure, no pun intended.” He said laughing. “You really dated that goof.”

“Ya I did, he is controlling and a little scary.”

“Dude looks uptight. Definitely not good enough for you; even though he is a high paid Doctor. Are you going home or coming to my place. We have food and beer.”

She looked at him, his lips were swollen from her kisses, and his hair messed from where he hands were tangled in it. “I don’t know, it has been a long day.”

He pouted and looked at her with those beautiful blue eyes, that she wanted to get lost in.

“Pleaaaaaseeeeee.” He whined. “I just want to spend as much time with you before I leave as I can. I have a feeling we are going to be great friends.”

Friends, Ella thought after that kiss did he just consider us friends? He was acting, she wasn’t. He was a rock star who always kissed girls in his music videos, she had creeped the band on utube.

She sighed and looked down at her hands. “I need to go home. You will be busy entertaining your ex girlfriend that you said was there. I don’t need to get in the way.”

Josh glanced over at her, she looked disappointed. “You wouldn’t get in the way, I am hoping she is gone before I get back anyway. I don’t want to be around her Ella bean, I want to be around you. You make me smile.”

She smiled and looked at him. “I will come for a little while; I am not dressed to really be seen.”
“You’re beautiful. Jeans, tank top. Sexy.” He said winking at her.

They pulled into the parking garage, Ella got out, and Josh came around to her side wrapping his arm around her shoulder pulling her towards his body. “I think we should still pretend to be a couple, might get Nikki off of my back.” He had stopped and had turned to face her. “You up for that?”

She looked up at him and smiled. “Sure.” She was so up for it.

“Practice run.” He said softly cupping her face with his hands, he lifted her face to his and kissed her softly, he loved the way her lips felt up against his. He felt her hands tangle in his hair as her body pressed against his. He pulled back holding her gaze. She was beautiful. He loved kissing her. He pulled back holding her gaze. She was beautiful. “You are so beautiful.” He said softly. “Come on.”

He took her by the hand and led her towards the elevator, once inside the elevator her pulled her to him again, kissing her, running his fingers through her long dark hair. He pulled back and smiled at her, a half smile.

“Enough practice?” she asked

“For now.” He grinned.
******************************************************************

They walked into the condo hand in hand. Josh whispered in her ear. “Watch for everyones reaction. I love shocking people.”

Ella giggled.

“Stella.” Sara said getting up from Mike’s lap where she was sitting. She came over and hugged her friend. “So nothing going on eh?’’ she whispered to her friend. “If looks could kill, you would be dead sweetheart.” Sara said referring to the way Nikki had glared at her best friend. “Matt is out on the balcony starting the food, come with.” Sara said pulling her friend away from Josh, who still had a hold of Ella’s hand.

“Hey.” He said feeling his grasp on Ella’s hand broken. “Don’t keep her away too long.” He kissed Ella quickly before Sara drug her outside.

“What the hell is going on?” she asked her friend smiling. Matt looked up from what he was doing.

“Can’t say I blame you, and it took you long enough.”

“Sara please don’t make a big deal about it, we are just friends.”

“Friends with benefits?” Sara asked smiling.

“No.” Ella said sternly. “I am not talking about this with you.”

“Well is he a good kisser.”

Ella smiled and blushed. “Amazing, he is the best.”

“Who you two talking about?” Matt asked as he was flipping burgers. Ella shot her friend the don’t say a word look.

“Sara it isn’t what you think anyway.” Ella said as the balcony door flew open and a beautiful blonde came through the door at her. Josh was right behind.

“Who the hell do you think you are?” she spat at Ella, as she charged towards her. “You really think you will be able to hold his attention?”

Ella just looked at the other woman; she looked like she was crazy.

“Nikki, leave her alone.” Josh said sternly. “She has nothing to do with any of our problems.”

“Really Ramsay!” she screamed. “She is standing in the way of us being together! You are nothing but a little whore and bitch.” She screamed at Ella,

Ella was getting pissed. “Look woman, you don’t know anything about me, so you can’t stand there and judge and call me names. You are screaming and hollering like a crazy person, being like that gets you.”

Nikki lunged at Ella, slapping her across the face. “He is mine bitch, you stay away from him.”
Sara then lunged at Nikki, Matt grabbed her to hold her back. “You are a crazy bitch, you touch my friend again and I will break your face.”

“Nikki you need to get the fuck out of my face.” Josh snapped. “I want you to leave.”

“You will regret it Josh. She is plain and ordinary.”

Matt walked over to Nikki and took her by the arm. “I think it is time you left.”
Nikki shrugged Matt’s hand off her arm and she huffed and turned to face Josh. “She will never be able to keep you happy. You have my number, we will be in touch.”

Ella had turned her back and walked over the balcony railing, her face was stinging and the tears had started to fall.

Sara glared at Josh and walked past him. “I will give you guys some privacy.”
Josh ran his hand through his hair. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

He felt her tense as he touched her.

“Are you okay?” he whispered.

She shook her head no, he could feel her tremble, she was crying.

“I am so sorry, she had no right to talk to you like that, or to lay a hand on you.”

“Can you please take me home?” she asked trying to steady her voice.
He sighed. “Sweetheart if you really want me to take you home I will. I really want you to stay.’’ He tightened his hold on her, pressing his face into her hair. “I am sorry.”

Ella turned to face him; he was looking down at her. She could see how upset he was. She knew none of this was his fault. She reached up and cupped his face; he relaxed into her hand and closed his eyes. “This isn’t going to work.’’

He opened his eyes and held her gaze.

“I think you are wrong.” He said above a whisper. “There is no more pretending anything.” He stated pulling her to him, and covering her mouth with his. He kissed her roughly, his hands on both side of her face, holding her there. She didn’t fight him. She relaxed into his arms. She didn’t have the strength or the will to pull away. She loved how he kissed her, how it made her weak at the knees. She couldn’t push him away.

He felt her relax into his body, he pulled her closer. He wrapped his hand in her soft hair; he was getting lost in her. He pulled back, and looked at her. She was beautiful. She was too good for him. He sighed.

“I am sorry Ella. I think you might be right.” He looked away from her, ran his hand through his hair roughly. “Fuck……” he cursed. “I don’t want to hurt you. I think it would be better if we were just friends.”

Ella looked at him, not believing what he was saying. She was hurt. He was playing head games with her. “I can’t be your friend Josh.” She said softly. “I don’t need these head games.” She said looking him in the eye. “I am sorry.”

“Ella, you can’t just walk out of my life.”

“Josh after the way you just kissed me, I can’t just be your friend.” She started to walk away towards the door to the condo. He grabbed her by the arm. She flinched and shrugged it away. He let go as he didn’t want to hurt her. “Leave me alone Josh.”

She walked into the condo, she was upset and angry. “Matt can you take me home now?” she asked as she came into the room. Josh was right behind her.

“I will take you home Ella.” She heard him say behind her.

She turned and looked at him. There was pain and hurt in his eyes.

Ella shook her head no. She had started to cry again. She looked at Matt. ‘’Please just take me home.” She said looking at Matt and she turned and walked towards the door. Josh started by Sara stopped him.

“Josh hun, just let her go. Nikki has messed with your head and until you get things figured out in there, leave her be.” Sara rested her hand on his shoulder. “Just go try to get some sleep.” He nodded his head and went into his room.

He shut the door behind him, falling down on the bed. He hated himself at the moment. He slammed his clenched fist into the mattress on his bed. He didn’t want Ella to walk out of his life. She was good for him. She made him feel like he could do and accomplish anything when she was around, but there was a dark side of him that could destroy her and he wouldn’t let that happen.