Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Shot to the Heart

“Soon Sierra, you will be mine forever.”

His diabolical laughter filled the room as I came to. I kept my eyes closed even though I was aware of everything now. Maybe if I pretended to be knocked out the whole time he wouldn’t hurt me. All I had to do was stay alive long enough so that Zacky could get me.

“Sierra, wake up damn it! I’ve scene you wake up before so I know that you’re not sleeping.” Alex growled.

I painfully opened my eyes to find that I was in the bedroom. He had laid me on the bed and had put an ice pack on my head. Standing at the foot of the bed was Alex, my ex-boyfriend. He had lost significant weight and had dark circles under his eyes as if he hadn’t been getting sleep for a while. This wasn’t the Alex that I had known. This man was different. Alex’s eyes were filled with a passionate rage that was uncharacteristic of him. He’s the one who left me, so why was I being the one punished?

“Alex, why?” I whimpered.

“Why Sierra? Why? Because you were happy without me and I couldn’t stand it. That blonde moron I fucked for that period of time didn’t satisfy me anymore. She didn’t have the stamina that you have. Your fool of a father wouldn’t tell me where you went. I got all the information I needed from the one and only Zacky Vengeance.”

“Zacky never fucking told you anything you bastard.” I roared.

He walked over to me and caressed the side of my face. I pulled away quickly from his touch. The hand formed a fist and I braced myself for the eventual blow. When I never felt anything I peeked through my fingers to that Alex had stopped himself. He took a deep breath before he continued.

“Of course he did and don’t worry, I won’t hit you in your current state. Do you remember the shout out he gave you on TRL? I just happened to be watching when they were on. Thanks to the Internet I found where they lived and got the address here. I’ll keep you alive so that when Mr. Baker arrives he can see you one last time before he dies.”

I sucked my breath in harshly as tears sprang from my eyes. He can’t do this to us. Zacky is my everything. I don’t know what I’d do if he weren’t here with me.

“Don’t worry sweetheart. I’ll be around to raise our child.” He smirked.

“Fuck you! I am raising my baby with its father. But, how did you know I was pregnant?”

He howled with laughter that chilled me to the bone. “Come on Sierra, I’ve been watching you for weeks. The only time I left your side was to deliver notes to your lover boy. I also stayed in your house when you left to shop or party with the girls. By the way, you have an amazing master bathroom.”

“You are a sick twisted bastard! I hope you know that Zacky won’t be alone when he comes back. All of them are going to tear you apart.”

“I don’t think that will happen.” He sneered. “I’ve got everything under control.”

He kneeled on the floor and grabbed something from under the bed. As he stood up from the floor, the harsh black metal of the pistol made my skin crawl. He turned the safety off and glanced at me with malice.

“I’ll be ready for them.”

Zacky’s POV

Matt had been pacing back and forth for the past few hours. No one dared to speak because all of our tempers were highly strung.

“Hey, Ignacio, where are we?” I asked.

“We just crossed the state line into California. We’ll be home in nine hours if nothing stops us.

“I pray to God we don’t hit a traffic jam.” Brian whispered.

I leaned back on the couch and roughly ran my fingers through my hair. I wanted to hurt Alex so bad. Who does he think is by doing this to Sierra and me? That bastard will pay, even if it takes my own life. I told Sierra that I would always come to her rescue and I never planned on breaking that promise. I watched the scenery go by in flashes as the bus careened down the highway. Red and blue flashes of light erupted into my vision. Staring out the back window I saw that we had a county cop pulling us over.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck! This is not good!” Jimmy screamed from behind me.

The bus slowed down and came to a stop on the shoulder of the road. The officer came around to the driver’s window and began asking Ignacio questions. Five minutes went by and I was called to the front of the bus.

“Zacky, the cop wants to talk to you.” Ignacio said lowly.

I left the bus and ran to the other side so that I could get to the cop. He looked pretty pissed, but I hope I could help the situation.

“Look, sir, we’re in a real hur-.”

“I know.” He said cutting me off. “Are you guys being serious? Is your girlfriend really in danger?”

“Her ex-boyfriend is stalking her and we just want to get back to her now.”

“Well, my son is a huge fan of you guys believe it or not. So here’s the deal, I believe your story. I’m going to escort you back to Huntington, that’ll cut two hours off the drive.”

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This was amazing.

“Thank you so much sir.” I gushed.

“Yeah, yeah. Get back on the bus and we’ll leave now.”

Sprinting back to the guys, I told them the good news.

“He’s going to escort us back. It’s going to cut hours off the drive. Ignacio, follow that cop!”

I took up my previous spot on the couch and watched as the cop led us back home. As each second passed, Sierra was that much closer. I just hoped that she would be ok when I found her.

“Wait for me Sierra. I love you so much.”

Sierra’s POV

“Hey babe, ya hungry?” Alex asked as he poked his head in the bedroom.

I sent him a nasty glare and he returned it with a demonic smile.

“I’ll take that as a yes. Get dressed in something really pretty, I’ve set up the table for our lunch.”

I didn’t move an inch. He grew tiresome of waiting for me so he walked into my closet and picked something out for me. Walking out he threw a dark red, satin dress on the bed.

“Be down there in 10 minutes or I’m dragging you.”

As the door closed I ran over to my cell phone on my dresser. Fuck I’m dead. Alex must have taken the battery out while I slept. Not wanting Alex to help me dress I quickly threw on the dress he gave me. I remember the night I wore this. I wore this on our first official date as boyfriend and girlfriend. Grasping at the bottom hem I found where he had gotten some steak sauce on it. Making my way to the door I paused for a second to stare at a picture taken of Zacky and me at the beach. Jimmy had ripped my top off and Zacky was using his body to cover me up from onlookers.

“Honey, do you need any help?” Alex roared from downstairs.

One last look at the picture was it and then I left my room. Alex never was much of a cook, so I wasn’t surprised when I saw to turkey T.V. dinners on the table. I planted myself in a chair while Alex lit the candles. He placed two wine glasses next to the plastic dinner platters and poured himself a glass. His hand titled to pour me some wine but I cut his actions short.

“Hey dumbass, I’m pregnant. Pregnant women can’t have alcohol unless they want a fucked up child.” I seethed.

“That’s right my bad.” He smiled at me. “I would never want that for our child.”

“Stop saying YOUR child. If you got me knocked up I’d have an abortion, and I’m strictly pro-life.” I said lowly.

He frowned at me but said nothing. The two hour meal was nothing but silent. Alex would try to engage me in conversation but I would ignore him to the best of my ability.
At one point he got up to go the bathroom and I did a quick search for any phone. All the docks were empty. The door hinges on the bathroom creaked which signaled me to get back to my chair. I was utterly trapped. There was no way that I would be able to call for help and Alex had a chemical imbalance so who knows what he would do to me.

“I’m tired can I leave?” I asked.

He gave me a suspicious look, but he nodded in approval. I got up from the table and went straight to the bedroom. I closed the door behind me and locked it. Lying on the floor I checked under the bed for the gun. Seeing nothing I came to the horrible conclusion that Alex has it on him. Glancing at the clock I saw that it was only 3:00 in the afternoon. I curled up on my bed and snuggled into Zacky’s pillow. His scent was still faintly on it. Tears leaked from the corners of my eyes again. I ended up crying myself to sleep.

“Sierra, honeybunch, it’s time to wake up!”

I slowly opened my eyes as I woke up. Alex was sitting by my side looking down on me with affection. Scooting away from him I looked to see what time it was. The glowing red numbers said it was 7:06. All the stress and crying must have really worn me out. I felt Alex’s hand go to my leg and I immediately kicked it off of me. Disgust filled my face as I watched him stand up from the bed.

“You know Sierra, you’re going to have to warm up to me eventually. When was the last time we were together? It wasn’t that long ago actually. I have to admit, I’ve been longing for your warmness.”

Crawling on the bed, he inched closer to me. I was gripped with fear as he began to run his hands up my dress. He placed a kiss on my neck and Zacky flashed through my mind. I needed to be brave for Zacky and the baby. Harshly, I thrusted my knee up and got him right in the testicles. Rolling over, he toppled off the bed and let out a loud groan. He slowly got up and sent me an evil look.

“You will pay that for that you little bitch.”

He gimped out of the room and slammed the door behind him. I let out a sigh of relief as he left. I was glad that I had bought myself a little time before he would come back. What I did gave me an ill feeling. Alex would be back and he was going to be pissed. Ichabod let out a little bark as he rearranged his body. He has been sleeping ever since I found him downstairs. Whatever Alex did to him certainly tired him out. I heard footsteps coming after only ten minutes of solitude. The door was thrown open and there stood Alex with the pistol in one hand and nylon rope in the other. I squeaked as he pointed the gun at me as he advanced toward the bed.

“Move and you’re gone, got it?”

I silently nodded my head while he closed in the gap. He slowly tied my wrists and ankles to each of the bedposts. Tugging each knot, he made sure that I was secure on the bed. He stripped down to his boxers and stood there staring at me. His eyes had glazed over with lust as he watched me struggle with hunger. I didn’t want this to happen. Why didn’t someone help me? I felt the bed move as he put all of his weight on it. He got right up in my face and planted a kiss on my lips. I fiercely turned my head to avoid his lips. His hand shot up and gripped my chin. Trying again, he forced my lips open with his tongue. I tried in vain to keep my tongue in the back of my throat but he was not giving up. The kiss ended and the lustful look in his eyes had grown stronger. I felt his teeth graze my skin as he removed one of the straps with his teeth. To remove the other strap he slowly rubbed his hand down my shoulder taking the thin piece of fabric with. In the blink of an eye he had stripped me of the dress. His eyes roamed my almost naked body as he eyed the pair of black underwear and bra I had covering me. Leaning down, his cold, clammy lips touched my stomach sending involuntary shivers through me.

“I knew you were liking this you dirty whore.” He smirked.

I started shaking with silent sobs as he continued to kiss my pelvic area. This couldn’t be happening, it just couldn’t. One of his hands made their way to my bra where he began to take it off. Before he could rid me of my bra completely, a large vehicle came up next to the house. Alex’s brow furrowed with anger as he looked at the window. He scrambled off the bed to get to the window. Peering down for a few seconds he gazed at me with this psychotic courage.

“They’re here.” He snarled.

He marched to the dresser and grabbed the pistol. He went to the door again and held his hand on the doorknob. For some reason he seemed to be waiting for something. The sounds of the front door slamming open echoed throughout the house. Yelling and screaming from the guys floated to the room that Alex held me captive in.

“Don’t do anything that you’ll regret.” He hissed in my direction.

He quietly opened the bedroom door only to slam it shut. All sounds ceased downstairs and five sets of footsteps were heard on the stairs. Alex waited behind the door as the guys busted through. The first through the door was Zacky. My heart melted when I gained contact with those deep green eyes. I walked slowly to the bed as he saw all the ropes and me half naked. When the guys followed suit they all were shocked at my position. Alex closed the door behind them when they all were over the threshold. They all turned in unison as they found Alex pointing a gun at them. He was crazy at this point. His head was in the clouds and he was shaking uncontrollably. I had to get the guys out of here and take Alex down.

“Alex!” I shouted.

In the second that he looked at me, Matt ran at him and tackled him to the floor. Alex sent a swift kick to Matt’s ribcage and looked straight at me.

“You fucking bitch! I’ll fucking murder you!”

It was like a scene from the movies. Everyone’s motions slowed down to an agonizing speed. He swung the gun in my direction and took aim. Pulling the trigger he shot at me just as Zacky jumped on top of me, causing me to move. I felt a quick thud and watched as the guys piled on top of Alex. He shot the gun, but I didn’t feel any pain.

“Zacky, they have Alex. Everything is going to be alright.”

“Sierra…” Zacky murmured.

Glancing down, I saw the seeping blood run through Zacky’s shirt. I carefully flipped Zacky so that I was face to face with him. Zacky was usually pale, put his skin was ridiculously white.

“Oh…shit…no, Zacky!”

My bone chilling screams had attracted the guys away from Alex’s limp body. The just stood there as they watched their friend and band mate bleed onto the sheets. Jimmy pulled out his phone and called for an ambulance.

“Zacky, don’t give up on me. We need you so much.” I sobbed into his chest.

“Sierra, I love you with all of my heart.” Zacky whispered

Tears poured from my face as I listened to him use his last breaths to talk to me. The jade green eyes were slowly lost to me as his eyelids shut them out to the world. Sirens from the cop cars and ambulance were getting closer. My sobs grew louder as I felt Zacky’s breathing becoming shallower. I watched in fear as the EMT’s took away the man I loved, not knowing if I would be a single mother or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is the end
i hope all of you have enjoyed this story as much as i have
i hope my first attempt at writing wasnt horrible for you
thanks to all who have read up till this point and commented, it's up to you guys to comment and show me that you want a sequal

peace and love: plague of shadows :)