Sequel: When Two Become One

Breaking Away

Unfolding the Story

“What do I do about this? I’m losing my mind guys!” I whimpered.

I had just finished the story for the guys. They all looked shocked, but Matt just looked pissed off. This was Sierra, his little cousin, who he vowed to protect. He had been staring at a spot on the wall for some time now, and it was beginning to freak me out.

“Matt, what are your thoughts?” I asked quietly.

“Zacky, I want to kill the guy who did this. That sick fuck needs to pay. On the other hand, I don’t see that happening because we don’t know who he is. We start heading home tomorrow, so that will put us in Huntington in two days. If Sierra doesn’t want help, then she can hold her own for a short time. But when we get back in town, we’re calling the cops.”

Matt looked in my eyes and I could tell that we both feared for Sierra. I went down the line of guys and saw they all held an anxious emotion. Sierra had all touched their hearts in one-way or another. Then a thought occurred to me. Liz and Kourtney are her best friends. They would have to know.

“Guys, I’m calling Liz and Kourt to see if they know anything.”

The all nodded and I then left them to make the calls. I decided to call Kourt first. The phone kept ringing and I thought she wouldn’t pick up.

“Hey Zacky.” She said in a cheery tone.

“Hey Kourt, I have something to ask you and it would really help if you told me anything that you might know.”

“Of course Zacky, I’d love to help you.”

“Ok, has Sierra been talking or complaining about strange things going around the house at all since I’ve been gone?”

She sighed heavily in the phone before she continued. “Sierra told us something, but she would kill me if I told you. Zacky, because you love her very much and are the most important thing in her life, I’ll tell you. The day that we were at Leana and Jimmy’s she said that someone was snooping around her yard. She was very uncomfortable with the ordeal. Liz might be of more help.”

“Thank you so much Kourt. I have to go call Liz now.” I told her.

“No problem, but is there something wrong?” she asked in a concerned voice.

“I’m not sure about that, that’s why I’m asking people.” I answered in an exasperated tone.”

“Ok then, I’ll let you call Liz. Bye Zacky.”

My call with Kourt had come to an end with very little results. I really hoped that Liz would have more information for me.

“Hello Liz.”

“Zacky? Why are you calling me? Sierra is at home right now.” She laughed.

“I know that, I called for you Liz.”

“What do you need Zacky?” she asked with interest.

“Tell me everything you know about the person stalking Sierra when she’s at home.” I demanded. The tone of my voice was not to be ignored.

“I want to know how you know because Sierra didn’t want anyone telling you. You have a right to know though.”

As the story developed, my heart broke more. The pit of fear that I had endured had engulfed my entire body right now. I was hurt that Sierra had not told me of this sooner. I could have stopped any of this from happening. This was the deciding factor of what the group would do right here.

“Thanks for having the balls to confess. We’re coming home now. Tell Sierra when you can. Hopefully we’ll back by tomorrow evening.” I said hurriedly.

“Come quickly, I just have this feeling that something is going to happen soon.”

“Bye Liz.”

I ended the conversation with Liz and walked out to the front of the bus. The guys were still hanging around but the bus driver was nowhere. I walked to the driver’s seat and poked my head out the window to see if I could locate him. I spotted him smoking with the driver of My Chemical Romance’s bus and yelled at him.

“Yo, Ignacio, we have to go home now! It is very, very urgent!”

He threw his butt to the ground and hauled ass back to our bus. I moved out of the way so that he could get in the seat. Without asking why, he threw it into drive and pulled onto the interstate. I sat on the couch and tried to relax. After opening my eyes I found that all the guys were staring intently at me. Maybe I should explain myself.

“Liz told me everything. I know whose been doing this to us and I can’t let her be alone for much longer. How long until were in Huntington?”

Johnny was the first to answer me. “I’d say a good fifteen hours. Try and get some sleep, but first tell us all the details.”

Sierra’s POV

The talk button made a beeping sound as I turned the phone off. Liz and called to say that Zacky knew everything and was coming home now. I was relieved at this point. Zacky had a right to be concerned the whole time, he was my boyfriend after all. I looked out the window again into the backyard and saw nothing. It had become a routine for me to check outside now and then. I felt as if I was a prisoner in my own home. I couldn’t stay here for one more night. Marching up the stairs I began to pack an overnight bag so that I could stay at Scott’s. I felt stupid for not thinking of this earlier. I was about to turn the lights off in my room when music erupted from downstairs. I paused in fear because the song wouldn’t let me move.

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.


My breath caught in my throat and I was having trouble breathing. This could not be happening to me right now. I quickly closed the door and bolted it. The music was haunting me at this point.

Oh can't you see
You belong to me?
How my poor heart aches with every step you take.


It dawned on me that Zacky put a control panel for the master stereo in every room of the house. Thank God he loved his music. I scrambled for the switch next to the door and turned off the stereo. Due to the volume of the music I was unable to hear anything going on until it was shut off. Ichabod was barking and growling up a storm down there and I was unsure of what to do. My plan was made when I heard our dog yelp out in pain. I unbolted the door and ran down the stairs. Ichabod walked to me with a slight limp in one of his legs. Cradling the poor dog in my arms I tried to comfort him to the best of my abilities.

“Shit, did he hurt you? That bastard.” I cried.

“The mutt won’t be the only one to get hurt.” A voice seethed behind me

I spun around to have all my fears confirmed. Right there in front of me.

“Leave me alone! I haven’t done anything to deserve this.” I screamed.

“You’ll never learn Sierra Sunshine.” Alex snarled.

Thoughts of Zacky were the last things I remembered before he knocked me unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
the next chapter will be the last
i hope you've enjoyed it so far

gracias for any readers and commenters