Paradise

I Know They Say That No One is Perfect, But I Swear She's Perfect for Me

One Year and Six Months Later


Anastasia took in a deep shuddering breath when the doors opened, revealing the large balcony to her and Alan standing at the end of the chair lined aisle. She could feel the smile that spread across her lips at the sight of him biting his lip, wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt and a black tie. Alan's eyes had lit up when he saw her, and Anastasia wanted to just run down this aisle and into his arms.

But, Ana continued to walk down the aisle at the slow pace set by the music, and watched as Alan shifted from foot to foot, their eyes locked the whole way down the ten foot aisle. Anastasia could see Alan's best friend, Austin, standing beside him, grinning from ear to ear, and Jenna standing on the other side of the aisle, also smiling widely.

Ana let her eyes scan the crowd, seeing the few empty seats in the crowd. It made her sad that members of her own and Alan's soon to be joined families weren't even going to show up to their wedding. But, Anastasia wasn't going to let that get her down; not today, the happiest day of her life.

After what seemed like forever, Ana was at the end of the aisle, and Alan was taking her hand, lacing his fingers through hers. The officiant began to speak, and soon they were to the vows.

"Now, Alan and Anastasia have written their own vows. Alan?"

Alan smiled at Anastasia. "Ana, from the day I met you, I knew you were the one for me," Alan began, and Anastasia smiled at him. "I remember seeing you in your cat dress with your Converse and thinking, wow, that girl is beautiful. You were the one that made me believe that true love is possible, and you've supported me through everything with my band, and you told me to chase my dreams. This last year has been the best year of my life, and that's all thanks to you. I love you, Ana, and I'm so glad I get to marry you today." When Alan finished talking he could see the glint of tears in his soon to be wife's eyes. He slid the ring onto her finger, squeezing Ana's hand gently.

"Alan, you are the most loving and kindhearted person I have ever met," Anastasia started, her voice breaking slightly at the end of the sentence. "Everyday, I discover something new to love about you; from how much you love cats to how dedicated you are to your music. You have the most beautiful soul, and every morning I wake up next to you, I think of how lucky I am to have you. And, after today," Anastasia paused, seeing the wide smile spreading across Alan's face. "I get to wake up every day knowing that you're mine." She squeezed his hand back, and Alan could feel tears pricking at his own eyes. This beautiful woman was his.

By now, everyone in the room was smiling, even the officiant. "By the power vested in me, and recognized by the state of California, I now pronounce you man and wife," stated the officiant. "You may now kiss your bride."

Alan pulled Anastasia to him, and kissed her deeply, one hand on the back of her neck and the other on the small of her back. Anastasia wrapped her arms around Alan's neck and returned the kiss as the guests applauded and cheered, especially all of Alan's band mates.

The pair finally broke apart when the guests began to snicker, and Austin cleared his throat obnoxiously loudly. "For the first time, Mr. and Mrs. Alan Ashby!" stated the officiant, and Alan grabbed Anastasia's hand, leading her back down the aisle and into the building.

Anastasia took the lead once they were inside, leading Alan to one of the back rooms, saying they would come back out in a while, once cocktail hour and the reception got under way. As soon as they were in the back room, Alan wrapped his arms around Anastasia's waist, kissing her softly.

"I love you, Mrs. Ashby," Alan said, smiling down at Ana. She kissed him again, and Alan tightened his arms around his new wife's waist. "Come on, let's get you into your other dress," Alan suggested, his hand moving to the ties on the back of her dress.

Anastasia smacked his hand away from the back of her dress, then kissed Alan's lips gently. "Not yet. I want to be in this dress for all the wedding-y stuff, like the first dance and cutting the cake and all that. I just want to wear the short one for when the party really gets started, you know?" Ana explained, and Alan nodded.

"I still want to get you out of this dress."

"Oh, hush," Anastasia hushed Alan, who chuckled and kissed her cheek softly. "I love you, Alan."

"I love you, too, Ana," Alan murmured to her, kissing Anastasia's forehead lightly. Alan walked backwards to the couch in the room, sitting down and pulling Anastasia into his lap. "Jesus, this is a lot of dress," he muttered, noticing that Ana was a lot heavier than she normally was, due to the taffeta dress.

Anastasia giggled, and cuddled into Alan's chest. "Blame the taffeta and whatever else this dress is made out of, rhinestones and more taffeta," she joked, and Alan kissed the top of Anastasia's head.

They sat like that for a little while longer, just holding each other, before Austin peeked into the room to find the two of them still cuddling on the couch. "Come on, you two, cocktail hours over, and it's time for the first dance and food," Austin said with a grin, and came over to help Alan help Anastasia to her feet.

Austin hurried out first, and was soon followed by the newlywed couple. "Direct your attention to the back of the room, please, ladies and gentleman," yelled the DJ, then Breathe Carolina's song Blackout started playing.

Alan grabbed Anastasia's hand, and pulled her out onto the dance floor, twirling her around. Then, as he pulled her back to his chest, the song changed, to Of Mice & Men's song, When You Can't Sleep At Night. Alan smiled, and Anastasia rested her head on Alan's shoulder, hearing a few aww's from the wedding guests.

"You're perfect, Anastasia," Alan whispered to her. "I love you so much." Ana and Alan continued to sway back and forth in the center of the dance floor. "You are my paradise, baby."

Alan felt Anastasia's soft lips on his neck. "Alan, you're my world, and I love you more than anything," she whispered back, her arms tightening around his neck.

The pair continued to sway from side to side in silence, just enjoying holding the other and being able to know they had each other forever. Alan smiled, kissing the side of his new wife's head softly as he remembered a conversation he'd had with Austin the day before Alan had proposed to Anastasia.

"Look, Alan, don't get me wrong, Anastasia's great and all, but, are you sure?" Austin, the ever protective best friend asked. "I don't want to see you get hurt like I did."

Alan took a deep breath. "I'm sure, Austin. Ana's perfect for me. I trust her," he told Austin, who frowned slightly.

Austin sighed. "Alan... You've only known her for a little less than a year," he pointed out, and Alan shrugged.

"It doesn't matter. I'm head over heels in love with this girl, and all I want to do is make her happy," Alan said. "I want tomorrow to be the best Christmas ever," he added. Alan had how he was going to propose to Anastasia all planned out. The ring would be the last present she opened, no matter what, because Alan wasn't going to give it to her until that evening.

"Alan..."

"Don't start, Austin. Please?" Alan requested, turning away from his best friend.

Austin sighed. "I was going to ask if you could show me the ring, after I said if you're really sure about this."

When Alan turned back to look at Austin, the taller man had a crooked grin that spread across his face. "Alright."


The song ending, and the DJ announcing that dinner was about to be served was what snapped Alan out of his reverie. He felt Ana lace her fingers through his, and lead him towards the table at the front of the room. It only had a bench behind the small table, and was slightly hidden away from the rest of the guests by layers of sheer silver and blue fabric.

As soon as they sat down at the table, Alan wrapped his arms around Anastasia's waist, kissing her gently just before the meal was served. As the food was being placed on the table, Alan watched as Ana thanked the waiter, then turned back to him, giving Alan a blinding smile. As the waiter walked away, Anastasia placed one hand on Alan's chest, leaning in and kissing him softly.

"I love you, Alan," she whispered. Alan smiled at Anastasia, telling her that he loved her, too, and pulling her in for another quick kiss before they started to eat the food that had been placed in front of them.

The next hour or so was filled with the two of them doing all of the traditional wedding things, like cutting the cake and the throwing of the bouquet. When they cut the cake, Anastasia had gotten Alan good, smashing a large piece of cake right into his face, then running away with Alan chasing her. He'd eventually caught up to her, rubbing his frosting coated face all over hers.

Then, the two decided to disappear for a little while before the party started to pick up, so Anastasia could change her dress. As soon as they got to the back room, Alan pulled Anastasia into his arms and covered her lips with his own, as his hands moved to the back of her dress, starting to untie the back of the dress.

Anastasia giggled into the kiss when she felt Alan trying to get her dress undone. "What kind of chastity contraption is this?" he grumbled, and Anastasia giggled again. Alan looked up at her, smiling crookedly. "Your giggle is the cutest thing I've ever heard."

Finally, Alan succeeded in getting Anastasia out of the dress, and she slid into her second one. Alan went to zip it up for her, and couldn't resist sliding his hands into the dress and over the bare skin of Ana's stomach, pulling her against his chest and leaning down to kiss her shoulder.

Anastasia sighed, leaning her head back against Alan's chest. "Alan," she murmured his name, turning her head to kiss his cheek softly. "We better get back out there," Ana added, kissing his cheek again.

Alan groaned, but zipped up her dress. But, before Anastasia could pull Alan out of the back room, he grabbed her by the waist and pulled Ana back to him, crushing his lips to hers. "I love you, Anastasia Grace Ashby," Alan told Ana, before lacing his fingers through hers and pulling Ana back out to the main room of the reception.

The couple spent the rest of the night dancing and drinking with their friends, before it was finally time for them to head out. As they exited the reception hall, the guests cheered as the pair hurried for the limo waiting for them at the end of the sidewalk. The driver opened the door for them, and then, Alan and Ana were off to the airport for their five day honeymoon in Hawai'i.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ana; Dress 1
Ana; Dress 2
Ana; Hair
THANK YOU TO LexieIsNotOnFire FOR COMMENTING! :D
Title Credit: Memphis May Fire, Miles Away
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last One:
Image