Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter Nineteen

The next day I chose my outfit carefully, I wanted to look good for my mate. Also I feel like being a pirate so damn it I'm doing it.
If I even see Devin today.

Feeling proud of myself, I walked into the kitchen to see Andy choke on his glass of blood and gape when I came in.

“You...you look great....” he said, jaw dropped.

“Uh, thank you. I was going for kinda a steam punk pirate.”

“Mmm yeah I can see that.” he agreed, resuming his drink. When he finished he set the glass down. “Devin coming to get you again?” he asked.

I shrugged. For all I know I may not see him at all today. But better safe than sorry. I headed to the freezer where the sausage was, and made Andy and myself: Corned beef hash ( I put ketchup in mine), maple sausage links, scrambled eggs with cheese and toast.

Andy couldn't get the food in his mouth fast enough. “I'll never know how you do it Dor, it's amazing.” he said with a mouth full of food.

I giggled and thanked him, eating my food at a leisurely pace.

I noticed his hair was really long and it didn't really suit him anymore. “Hey Andy?”

He looked up.

“You're hair's kinda long. Why not cut it?”

He looked down at his hair that went to mid black.

“You're right, but I'll keep it for one more day.”

When we finished I took off my arm warmers and did the dishes, then took care of them and put my arm warmers back on. Andy came in, dressed in his 'scare humans' clothes: Leather pants, like 2 or 3 studded belts, a black cut up tank top, black leather fingerless biker gloves and combat boots. He put on his eye make up and teased his hair.

I jokingly wolf whistled at him, he laughed and looped arms with me.

Later I sat in my English class, hoping this would be like yesterday.

Andy knows I'm safe in this class, also he'd know if I needed him because of my protection mark. So he doesn't have to follow me all day like a creeper. Ha ha.

It's fine though, a lot of doms have been starring at me today. A few years ago I would have never dreamed of wearing this outfit, but I feel confident and proud in it. I know my skirt is a bit short but I like it, so I'm wearing it. I've herd the humans call me a slut, but frankly I don't give a shit. Because unlike them, I don't worry about what people think anymore. Besides, with all the doms who watch me only one human got away with it.

“NO PLEASE!” A human girl cried in terror. Squish.

I guess no one's gotten away with it. Hm. Oh well.

But Devin didn't come to my English class that day. It was gym class, two classes later and being a fertile none of us were allowed to participate. We could only sit and watch the humans and doms. Down a few rows on the bleachers, sat Jackie. She'd really changed in the past few years, spending all her time with Panic! At the Disco. Mostly Brendon Urie. Panic! At the Disco had graduated, but Brendon hung around school watching Jackie. She had no protection mark so he just kinda stalked her.
He was shooting baskets and looking over at her quite often, smirking.

Then the most bone chilling thing of my life happened. He looked up at me, grinned and winked.

My eyes widened, and I began to cower back. Jackie looked back at me and for a moment gave me a pleading look before glaring like I just shit on her petunias.

What was that look for? Why did she look so hurt and venerable for a second? I watched her change, her bright colors disappear, her hair go to a normal color, her smiles turn to snickers. That was the final straw, I'm going to find out whats up no matter what. Maybe I can get Devin to help me.

I looked down to see Brendon in his white tank top and black basketball shorts still watching me. A dark desire that promised to make its self known lingering in his eyes. Not the same as I'd seen in Devin's eyes, this one was truly sinister whereas Devin's was only a bit kinky if anything.

I bit my lip as it trembled, suddenly the light was blocked and a perfect ass was in front of me covered my tight, black jeans. I looked up and immediately recognized the stylishly messy hair or Devin. Looking around him I could see him bare his teeth at Brendon who rolled his eyes and blew him off. Devin began working up such rage the humans stopped their activities, and the other fertiles turned around; attracted by it.

I stood up on the bleacher I was sitting on and locked my arms around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder blade.

“We need to talk Dev.” I quietly said. I felt his rage diminish, the fertiles looked away and the humans resumed.

“Okay.” I let go of him and followed him off the bleachers and out of class.

I took his hand and laced our fingers, feeling warmth flow from him to me. “There's something wrong with Jackie. I'm worried.”

“You should be. Panic! At the Disco is not known for being good to fertiles.”

“We need to find out what's going on. She's not safe and I'm sure their hurting her, I can't live with that. She was my best and only friend since second grade, sure she's changed but it's not her fault. They've influenced her somehow. She's not the same.”

“Believe it or not I've noticed it too. I think I could help you gather information without them knowing.”

“You mean snoop?” I arched an eye brow.

“No, I didn't say snoop I said gather information without them knowing.”

“Yeah, that's snooping.”

He pouted, looking adorably kissable.

I couldn't help but step in his path, put my arm around the back of his neck, pull his head lower and kiss him. I felt electricity jump through us and heat in my heart. He smiled into the kiss and kissed me back lovingly. When we separated, he rested his forehead on mine and we looked into each others eyes.

“May I say, you look delicious.” his eyes flicked down at the rest of my body before locking back with my eyes.

“Yes you may.”

He chuckled, I grinned. “Can you guess what I am?”

“My stunning, sexy mate?”

I blushed, he thinks I'm sexy? Me of all people? I never thought that word would be associated with me.

“That too, but what else?”

“Hmm.” he pondered, grabbing my fore arms lightly making me step back. He put his finger under his chin and made funny faces as he pondered. As he gave me the elevator eyes I've never felt so naked in my life.

“I got it!” he snapped his fingers. “A steam punk pirate!”

I smiled and nodded. “Yep.”

“But I wonder...” he stepped closer and lifted up the bottom of my corset to see my bellybutton ring, an anchor.

He chuckled. “Knew it. Now...what's my prize?” he flirted, tone suggestive.

“I don't know, what do you want?” I flirted back, batting my eye lashes.

He licked his lips “Well...I'm not sure. World domination would be nice, so would a mansion...”

I frowned, this isn't at all going how I thought it would.

Then Devin smirked. “But a kiss would be better.”

You sly bastard. I smiled and leaned up as he leaned down. His lips were soft and formed to my smaller ones like they were meant to, my heart pounded in my chest as his hand slid up and down the dynamic curve of my waist. I love that, it's officially one of my favorite things he does. It makes me feel beautiful, safe, and loved. He smiled into the kiss. “Then I'll do it more often.” he said against my lips.

Fuck, I guess he can read my mind when we kiss.

“Yes, I can.” he said smugly.

Shit.

He grinned and recaptured my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! Chapter 19! What is happening to Jackie? What is Panic! At the Disco doing to her? What about that look she gave Dory?