Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter 20

An hour later we sat at his house relaxing watching TV, oddly I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. I felt really at home, as I look around the room the memories try to come back. The memories of him tearing me down and cutting me off. That hurt.

Devin scooted next to me and cuddled me into his side. “I'm so sorry Dory. So sorry.” he pulled me closer and kissed my temple. His voice was so sincere and honest, it almost made all that worth it.

“I know, and I think...I think that I...can...forgive you.” He beamed and squeezed me again. “That'd be great.”

I looked up. “I said I think.”

He frowned slightly. “Okay.”

“So um...what do you do for fun?”

He shrugged, arm still around my shoulders. “Not much.”

“Well lets do something fun.”

He grinned “Fun? You got it.”

Fifteen minuets later we were at a rock climbing place where they put you in a harness and you climb the rock things screwed into the wall and ring the bell when or if you make it to the top. Devin arranged for his friend Chris to hold my rope (C.C was visiting his parents)

Devin triple checked my harness before he put his on in like 3 seconds. “Race you!” I grinned at him.

“I'll go easy on you.” he winked.

I snickered and got ready.

“Ready? Set. Go!” Chris grinned as Dev and I started climbing the rocks. We raced 3 times, I won two out of three times and after a victory dance, we both decided to try to make it to the bell.

“Be careful.” Devin called to me, as I nearly lot my grip.

“I'm fine.” I told him, climbing up more. It's a long way up, I'm tired, and kinda sore but I'm gonna make it. I pushed myself until I was level with the bell. I rang it and the people on the ground cheered and clapped. I beamed and looked over my shoulder at them, when I turned around Devin was next to me on the wall.

He did go easy on me. When I made it up here he was only about half way.

“Good job.” he leaned in and kissed me. My heart did a back flip as I kissed him back. “I'm so proud of you.” he said against my lips making me smile and reconnect our lips.

“Hey! Tone it down up there!” Chris called from the ground laughing.

We stopped kissing and Chris took me down to the ground and unhooked me as Devin unhooked himself. He gave Chris a man hug and thanked him before coming over to me and taking me into his arms giving me a tight hug.

My heart pounded against our chests and when we breathed, our stomachs touched. So with each touch there was a new jolt of electricity. “Love birds!” Chris pointed at us.

Devin glared and I giggled, pulling my...boyfriend(?) closer. Chris grinned, shook his head then waved to us before leaving.

I looked up at Dev. “So uh..I know that you're my mate...does that make you...my boyfriend?” I blushed feeling ignorant.

He looked like this hadn't occurred to him he blinked his light blue eyes a few times as he thought. “I don't see why not. So...to make this offical; Dory Renee Griffin?”

I smiled “Yes?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

My heart fluttered, hearing him say that made me feel closer to him.. “Of course.”

He gave me a slightly seductive grin before lowering his head to connect our lips again. I smiled into the kiss and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck. He grinned back and slid his long, muscular arms around my dainty waist as he tilted his head and flicked his tongue across my lower lip. I let him in without hesitation like a good fertile would.

I let my mate/boyfriend explore my mouth before I separated our lips with a wet smack. I took shaky breaths as I met his eyes, seeing him smiling and doing the same.

I took one of my hands from the back of his neck and pushed some of his hair out of his eye with my finger. He chuckled, chest rumbling against my breasts.

Devin looked up at the clock seeing it was getting late. Fertiles have a curfew of how late they can be out side alone: 9 PM this time of year. Not that I think Dev would make me walk home, he's not that kind of dom.

“I love it when you call me Dev in your mind.” he chuckled again.

I blushed “How did you know that?”

He blushed “Well...my saliva is in you now so...I'm a little in your head for now. And for the next like five minuets.”

He just ruined the moment. Now it sounds gross.

He chuckled then pouted “Sorry.”

“Mm it's okay.” I kissed his nose lightly making him break into a smile.

“Let's get you home to your protector.”

I nodded and he laced our fingers as we left and headed to his car. “Andy needs a hair cut.” I mused.

“Gonna do it for him?”

“Well yeah.” I said in a duh tone.

“Well then.” he laughed a bit and opened my door for me.

When we pulled up at Andy's Devin looked at the clock that said it was 9:03 then looked at me. “Well miss, I am afraid it is after curfew. I shall have to walk you to the door.” he said in an old timey voice that was cute as hell.

I gave a posh sigh “I suppose so, sir.” I agreed.

He grinned and gave a chuckle that warmed my heart. The next thing I knew he was out side the car opening my door and offering his arm.

I smiled at my boyfriend and took his arm, he kicked the door shut behind us and we strolled at a leisurely pace up the path just enjoying the company of the other.

Andy opened the door looking a bit upset. I wonder what's eating him.

~Andy – after Dory left with Devin~

If Dory isn't at the school, there's no reason for me to be. So I headed home and sat in the living room doing nothing. I sat there not so much as blinking until I felt affection, happiness, trust and glee enter my mind, no doubt from my connection to Dory.

I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't.

My thoughts drifted to my mate. Where was he? Did he go to/graduate from a different school? Did he get hurt? Why haven't I met him?

It's hard for me to be happy for Dory when I can feel he emotions towards her mate. Emotions I've never felt, and never will if I do not meet my mate. She's always so happy, giddy, smiling and frankly smitten with Devin. Dory practically floats around the house when he brings her back! I wish I had a mate of my own to love, and to care for. To feel as fulfilled, and whole as Dory does now.

I've herd your mate looks however you find most attractive. So mine (if he exists) is indeed a he, shaggy brown hair, light brown eyes, a bit tan and of very small build. He'd have the cutest little nose and full lips.

Yeah, just like that.

Too bad I'll probably never meet him.

I almost with Dory and Devin would mate already so I wouldn't have to feel so jealous of her emotions. ALMOST. I don't want Dory to rush into anything, and I want her to be ready. She's still the little sister I never had!

I felt weight on my lap, looking down I saw Manson laying on the couch resting his head and long front legs in my lap. He looked up at me sympatheticly. I love dogs, their so intelligent.

“It'll be fine killer.” I patted his head.

Honestly, Manson likes me more and Sally likes Dory more. Also, I don't really like cats too much.

I sat there petting the Great Dane trying to ignore all these feelings Dory was unknowingly shoving down my throat.

When I sensed Dory and a dom near, I lightly pushed Manson off and walked over opening the door just as they approached it.

“Hey Devin.” I greeted him as Dory pecked his lips and slid past me into the house.

“Hey Andy.” he gave me a small smile before turning and heading back to his car. I shut the door and was on my way to get a drink (of water) when I herd Dory call me. I found her in the bathroom with the hair cut kit out. It had hair scissors, a hair cutting razor with different size guards, a large comb and a fine one.

“Head under the faucet please.” she piped, grinning.

Oh yeah, today was my last day with hair. I pet myself one last time before doing as she said, soaking my hair.

“Sit please.” she gestured to a stool. I sat down on it and felt her lightly comb out my hair with the thick comb, then again with the fine toothed one.

“Got any ideas?” I asked her.

I looked in the mirror to see her nod. “Trust me.”

I shrugged. “Okay.”

Dory beamed and began snipping at my hair. Somewhere along the way, she got the razor and buzzed a bit here and there. She shook my hair to get the loose strands out and I felt a lot of weight on my head was gone.

I sat still and watched bits of my black hair drift slowly to the floor.

She knelt in front of me and used the razor to make my hair line even then neatened up my side burns.

“Tada! You're beautiful!” she smiled after turning off the razor. I gave a final look to the large pile of black hair on the floor, and feeling slightly naked I stood and looked in the mirror.

My hair was shorter on the sides, longer in the middle (enough to spike) and my side burns were a bit past my ears. I'm gorgeous.

“I can't believe you didn't tell me I needed a hair cut earlier!” I gave her a grateful hug that she returned with a giggle.

Shit, it's gonna be so weird not to have to brush my hair like hell in the morning. Or straighten it.

“Now you go decide what you want for late dinner, I'll clean this up.”

“Alright.” I left the room as she grabbed the broom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, it had to be done. I cut Andy's hair! Don't KILL ME! So, thoughts on Devin asking Dory to be his girlfriend and taking her on a date type thing? Any guesses on who Andy's mate is, or will he be forever alone?