Status: Formally on Quotev

You Look Like You've Seen a Ghost

Chapter Five

I ignored her for the rest of the day, when she asked if I wanted her to play her violin for me, when she cooked me lunch and dinner, all day. I felt the sadness and disappointment grow over the next few days. When I did associate with her, I snapped at her. But once I snapped too hard.

All she did was dust the coffee table, now she's gone.

---Flashback__

I came in thew house and was met with the sharp, stinging smell of lemon pledge dusting spray.

DORY.

I stomped into the living room to see her on her hands and knees dusting the table, the can of spray was beside her hand.

“Did I TELL you to dust?” I demanded she looked at me in shock and stood up.

“No, but there were a lot of finger prints on-”

“Why can't you do something useful for once? Jesus christ! You are the most horrible fertile ever! I'm so sick of you! I don't want you here! I thought I made it obvious, but I guess your too fucking stupid to notice! You ARE NOT my mate, you ARE NOT my friend, you are nothing but an in the way free loader! You never do anything! Good too 'cause you'd fuck it up if you did! You can't do ANYTHING right!” My voice was hateful and slightly demonic.

I remember feeling her heart shatter. Tears sprang down her cheeks.

He's right. I'm useless. I'm hideous. I'm in the way. I don't do anything right. I'll I've tried to do is make him happy. I can't do this anymore.

I felt her need to cut. I was too outraged to give two shits though, I knew my eyes were black with rage and frustration.

Without warning, she bolted out the front door sobbing.


_--Present time_--
That was five hours ago. I refuse to worry about her though. She's probably at her friends house, or Josh and Ricky's. She'll be back.

~Dory~

I've been gone for 3 days. I didn't have any money so I've stolen an apple from a few stores to eat. I know I've lost weight, but no one cares. I'm in the next down over from Scranton, I plan to head to New York. I don't really know how to get there, but I can't stand to be this close to...he who broke my heart.

The first night, I slept in a park. That day I was numb. The world blurred together in grays and blues. I felt so empty, and alone.

The next night after walking all day, I slept under a tree a little ways from the road. I haven't showered or eaten a proper meal in a long time. My hair is gross and greasy, I'm pale even for a fertile. I look like a ghost.

My clothes are ragged and I was mugged of my cell phone yesterday.

Technically, its day four now. The sun rose an hour ago. I got up from the bench I spent the night curled up on and went to a large brick church. I really hope this is a vamp friendly one. I've been chased with a wooden steak before since I lift.

“Hey, girl.”

I looked up to see a priest peeking out from a back door of the church.

“Yes?”

“Want some food?”

My stomach growled. “Please.” He waved me into the church. He took me to an office, looking around to make sure he didn't get caught.

He gave me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, then another.

I scarfed them down quickly.

“That's all I've got, I'm sorry.” He frowned.

“It's okay, I can't thank you enough.” I smiled, keeping my mouth closed. On our way to the office I'd seen some anti-vamp posters on the walls. Fertiles do need to drink blood, but just a little bit every now and again. We are pathetically bad hunters, so we'd normally drink it from a bottle in the fridge or our mate but I...

I'm about a week over due for blood, so my small fangs are always out. I'm very weak now, more so than normal. I tried to pick up a rock the other day...yeah it didn't work.

“I must ask child, why did you run away? Mommy and daddy not approve of your clothing choices? Do you self harm?”

Stop pestering me.

“I ran away for my own reasons, my parents aren't part of it. And no I don't, frankly I don't think it's your buissness.”

“But it is God's buissness.”

Ugh. I hate religion, I'm sorry but I've seen no proof of any all powerful being. Respect my choice or your not worth my time.

(A/N I'm not saying anything about religion, these are HER opinions. Also when fertiles are alone for a while they get snarky)

I bit back my words.

“Whatever. Thank you for the food but I need to go.” I stood and walked over to the door, when I was half way out the office door he said.

“Will you not pray to God to save you?”

Shit dude, that's it!

“God isn't real! Get over you fantasy book, welcome to the fucking real world! Science saves people, science kills people. Don't assume I believe in the same thing as you. Because you couldn't be more fucking wrong!” In my fit of rage, I bared my fangs at him.

He gasped and quickly reached in a drawer, pulling out a wooden steak. “VAMPIRE! VAMPIRE!” He yelled, people began to come out to the hall, steaks in hand. I hissed and bolted past all of them, their steaks tore my shirt even more but none actually stabbed me.

“Worshiper of the devil begone!” A nun chased me with a cross.

Wait...a cross?

Bitch please.

I turned and yanked it out of her hand. “It does nothing.” I threw it to the ground and ran down the street.

A few blocks over I got light headed and stopped running. I spent the day headed up state, but thanks to my confrontation at the church, I didn't get far before night fall. In the distance I saw a bench, it seemed to be an okay place for the night. I was headed there when my forearm was roughly grabbed and I was yanked into an ally, my back was against the brick wall.

A tall man smirked down at me twistidly. “Whats a little girl like you doing out this late? It's not safe here, this is a bad neighborhood.” his yellow teeth caught the moon light. I began to shake. “I'm headed home now, my brother is waiting for me around the corner. He'll be angry if I'm not there.” I lied.

“No. No your not. Your a run away. AND...a fertile.” He stroked my cheek and I snapped at him.

He delivered a sharp slap to the side of my face, I gasped in pain. “I love fertiles, they lay there and take it. Just like you will.” He turned my head from side to side, checking my neck.

“No mate? Great.” He shoved me into the dirt and climbed over me

I began to cry. “Leave me alone! Get off! No! No!” I thrashed but he easily pinned my arms over my head with one hand.

“Shut the hell up, I will slit your fucking throat.” he growled, fussing with the button on my pants.

“Stop, please.” I begged, my heart hammered in my chest.

He didn't reply, but he yanked down my pants and undies, leaving me bare for him to see. He licked his lips.

“P-please don't.” I cried.

He undid his pants...

DEVIN!

Soon I felt the man get close to me, I readyied myself for the pain.
But it never came. I was sprayed with blood, it stuck to me. I opened my eyes to see Devin standing over me, the mans body fell lifelessly to the side.

Devin keep his eyes trained on my face as he pulled up my panties and pants. I was shivering, petrified.

I used my elbows to sit up and meet his eyes. It really hurt to see him. I've been trying to get away from him. But he can't hate me right? I mean, he did save me from being...raped.

“He didn't...” he began softly, my heart fluttered. I've never herd him be so sincere.

I shook my head, my throat was to tight to speak.

Devin let out a relieved sigh, and picked me up princess style. I was too scared to tell him to leave me alone, I'm a fertile and I need to be loved just like everybody else. Even if its not by Devin. I want to be happy.

But my fertile instincts made me cling to his nightshirt and cry more.

I don't remember falling asleep, but when I woke up I was on the floor in the living room. I showered and changed, then returned to the living room.
“Why didn't you come back?” Devin asked from the chair.

“I realized everything you said was right. I'm going to pack my things and I'm leaving again.”

“THE HELL YOU ARE!” I flinched and crawled away, shakily standing.

His eyes flashed crimson for a moment.

“I have to go out of town tomorrow with the guys. I'm going to get some one to watch you. You will to go to school, and come back.”

“I don't need a babysitter.”

He growled, stood and stomped over to me.

“Dev...” Anger rolled off him.

What can I say? I've been alone too long, fertiles get an attitude that way.

He calmed down and backed up, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. “Go find something to eat.”

I nodded and turned on my heel, but when I did I got dizzy and fell into the wall. “You need blood. Theres some in the fridge.”

I steadied myself with the wall as I made my way into the kitchen and to the refrigerator. I pulled out a bottle, warmed it up and downed it in ten seconds flat. It tasted so good. I felt my head loose that light headed feel and I felt strength return to my limbs. When I finished it, I felt great!

I felt my fangs slide back up. I sighed contently and looked over to see Devin watching me.

“What's your deal?” I glared.

~Devin~

I knew that if she was my mate, which she ISN'T, I should be feeding her. As in letting her bite my neck or wrist to get what she needs.

Although, she should be doing the same for me. Most biting in mate ships happens during intercourse, and I refuse to have her name and that word in the same sentence. Come on, she's fifteen! And again NOT my mate.

But why do I feel...almost guilty for making her drink from the refrigerator? Man, I need to get of town.

~Dory~

Devin had his bags with him and was waiting for Ryan and Chris to come over.

“Devin?”

He looked at me, slightly glaring.

“Thank you.”

His beautiful eyes softened and he gave a small nod.

“H-how did you find me?” I dared to ask.

The dom looked shocked. “I'm...not sure. I herd you call me, you sounded so terrified...I just...kinda...turned into mist, then I...was there.” he seemed to be deep in thought.

Did I call him? Not out loud for sure.

FLASHBACK___



“P-please don't.” I cried.

He undid his pants...

DEVIN!

END__

I did call him, but how did he hear it?

~Devin~

Yeah, I can read minds but never from that much of a distance. That's not normal.

A knock on the door got my attention, my instincts alerted me that it was a Dom, but a friend not a foe.

Ah, so the sitter has arrived.

I opened the door and shook his hand in greeting with a smile. I took him into the kitchen where Dory was cooking something that smelled amazing.

“Hey.” Andy Biersack greeted with his deep voice.

She jumped a bit and turned around and looked at him. “Hi, I'm Dory.”

“I'm your sitter, Andy.” she walked away from the stove for a moment to hug him, a pang of something unfamiliar hit my heart as she did.

“I don't need a sitter.” She snapped over the sizzling in her pan. Andy arched an eye brow at me, he knew something was up. I pretended not to notice.

A knock on the door was my relief, I opened it to see Chris and Ryan looking bored.

“Ready?” Ryan asked.

I grabbed my bags and nodded. I headed out to the Jeep and they headed in side.

~Dory~

“Hey Dory, Andy.” I looked up from my stir fry to see Devin's friends Chris and Ryan.

“Hey guys.” I smiled at them, my foul mood slowly going away due to all the dom's around.

“Smells good girl.” Ryan complemented.

“Thank you.” I was really touched, I haven't been complemented since the mating ceremony.

They chatted amongst themselves for a moment before Chris and Ryan left with Devin.

I felt Andy's ice blue eyes on me as I slid some of the food onto a plate. I'm super hungry, I hope he doesn't notice how thin I am.

As soon as I turned around he stood and walked over to me. He lightly brushed his thumb over my slightly prominent cheek bone. I felt heat rush into my cheeks.

“Why are you so skinny?”

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like more in depth comments, WHAT do you like about this story? How do you feel about how Devin treats her?