Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 25

The interview woman introduced herself as April. She started talking kindly with the boys, and finally looked over at me, as if just realizing that I was there.

"Excuse me, but this is a closed interview," she said, still trying to sound sweet.

"Melody is a part of the band," Niall said, wrapping an arm around me. Keeping a fake smile, April glared at his arm. She was obviously a big Niall fan.

"Of course! I only meant that I thought that I specifically asked for an interview with the boys of One Direction. No offense or anything, but fans want to know a few things about you from the boys perspective," April explained.

“Oh, okay then,” I said getting up. The was basically telling me to go the fuck away, and I really didn’t want to be there with her.

“Bye guys,” I said, waving to them, knowing that they wouldn’t say anything bad about me. They smiled and waved, even though Niall looked like he felt bad about me leaving.

I texted Brooke to see where she and the other girls were, and if I could find them.

We’re on the floor above you. she texted back.

What room? I asked. We were in a hotel after all.

Just meet me at the top of the stairs and I’ll explain everything!

I became confused and made my way to the top of the stairs. There was a little sign saying that this level was under construction and only hotel personnel were allowed.

"Brooke?" I called cautiously, not wanting to get caught. I looked around the hallway. It must have just been finished, because all of the construction was done, but it was empty.

"And what do you think you're doing up here?" a deep voice demanded. I spun around and saw my friends almost dying of laughter. CJ had tried to impersonate the manager.

"Don't worry, we already got permission from the hotel manager to be up here," Eleanor assured me.

"Why are we up here?" I asked. Each of them held up a new Nerf gun.

"We are preparing for an epic battle!" Katie laughed.

"Do the boys know?"

"Not yet, but they will. You were going to be on our team anyway," Brooke told me.

We set everything up and waited.

"So what happened?" Eleanor asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Weren't you doing the interview with the boys?"

"Yeah, I was, but apparently she "specifically wanted an interview with the boys of One Direction." I grumbled.

"What? Why?" CJ asked.

"Apparently the fans want to know how the boys feel about me, and she doesn't want me there," I said with an eyeroll.

"I'm sure they have nothing bad to say about you," Eleanor assured me.

"I know, I just think that she might write something about me."

My phone went off in my pocket. I pulled it out and saw that I had a new message from Niall. He and the other boys were wondering where we were. I sent him almost the same message that Brooke had sent to me.

We're on the floor above you, come up here. Hurry, we have a surprise for you!

I hit the send button and called to the other girls, "They're on their way up." They nodded and we took our places as we waited for the boys to come up the stairs.

I was closest to them, and heard as they found the note and Harry read the note out loud.

"The girls hereby challenge you to an epic Nerf War. There is a gun and bag of ammo for each of you. Each person has 15 lives. Every time someone gets, hit text X and whoever you've hit into game watches. Use Li for Liam, Lu for Louis, N for Niall, and so forth. The game watches will keep score and will alert you when you're "dead". The game zone consists of this whole floor and rooms to be left open. Yes Liam, we have permission from the hotel manager. Shout "Go!" when you're ready."

"Simple enough," I heard Niall say.

"Yeah. They're just girls, and probably won't even be able to hit us," Zayn laughed as they got their gear ready.

I resisted the urge to giggle. If only that knew what they were in for.

"Ready or not, here we come!" Louis declared.

"You're supposed to shout 'go' Louis," Liam chuckled.

"GO!" Harry shouted loudly.

"I wanted to do it!" Louis complained. I took my chance and jumped around the corner, fired twice, and jumped back before they knew what happened.

One hit Zayn for his girl remarks and the other hit Niall, to let him know that the girlfriends would not be taking it easy. I'd hit Zayn in the head and Niall in the chest and typed the results into my game watch as I sprinted around the corner and into a room. Katie laughed silently and high fives me as the results came up on everyone's game watches.

The boys took the bait and follows me down the hallway, but Eleanor shot them from behind and sprinted down the other hallway. The band of guys split up. Louis and Liam went down the hallway that Eleanor had disappeared to, while Niall, Zayn, and Harry came down my way.

Our game watches buzzed and we saw that CJ had shot Liam and Eleanor had gotten Lou.

Katie poked her head out the door and signaled to me that they had gone into a different room. I pointed out what rooms we would meet in. She nodded and followed me down the hall.

"They're not in here," Niall said. Katie and I zipped around the corner, both shot Harry, and ran down the hall to different rooms.

The boys didn't stand a chance. Each of us girls got a few hits, but not nearly as many as the boys. I shot Zayn in the back and ran into a room, but Brooke was there already.

I signaled to her that there were two of the boys in the hallway. She grinned, pointed to herself, and then to the exposed air vent. I smiled, nodded and helped her up. She was tiny, and could easily move around in the vent.

I turned and saw Zayn and Niall in the door. they both shot me, and my game watch signaled that I had 5 hits left. Brooke shot Zayn from the vent. Then all of our game watches beeped and said that Zayn had died.

"Nooo! Oh Brooke why? I'm dead! Niall, tell Liam that I love him," Zayn said and pretended to die.

"No! Zayn! God, no!" Niall cried.

I saw my chance to escape, shot Niall in the forehead and ran down the hall.

I turned into a room with Niall hot on my heels.

Wrong room. Harry was there with bullets at the ready. I jumped out of the way just in time, but Niall wasn't so lucky. The bullet hit him in the chest and out watched buzzed, saying that Niall had been killed.

He died dramatically and gasped, "Harry, why would you betray me like this? I thought we were family..." and died.

"Hey Mel, I just killed your boyfriend, what are you going to go about it?" Harry asked with an arrogant smile.

I shot him in the chest, jumped over Niall and ran down the hallway.

I lost easily lost Harry as I jumped into a different room. Liam flew past the door without noticing me, and my watch vibrated. Eleanor had been killed by Liam.

"Noooooo! Eleanor! Eleanor no! Oh God! You were the greatest girl I ever knew! You will be avenged! You will be avenged! I will get the Avengers, and you will be avenged, Eleanor!" Katie pretended to sob, quoting the rant about Coulson's death from the Avengers blooper reel, replacing Coulson with Eleanor.

I heard her coming down the hallway, and Harry and Liam shot her, killing her. CJ came up behind the two boys and shot Liam, killing him. Harry turned to fire at her, but I shot him in the back and killed him.

"Hey Styles, I just killed you. What are you going to do about it?" I teased. He stuck his tongue out at me.

"Does this mean we won?" Brooke asked.

I checked my watch and said, "Nope, Louis is still out there."

"Yeah Louis!" Harry cheered.

"Oi! You can't talk, you're dead!" I scolded, shooting him in the forehead.

"Let's do this!" CJ said, and we walked down the hallway, Brooke climbed out of the vent and joined us.

"Louis, come out, come out wherever you are," Brooke purred, purposefully trying to sound scary.

We searched rooms, found Louis and shot him without mercy until he was dead.

"That's cheating!" he pouted.

Moaning was heard from the hallway.

"What was that?" CJ asked. We looked I not the hallway and saw the people who had "died" walking towards us, groaning and shuffling down the hallway.

"Zombies!" Brooke shouted, and we fired the rest of our bullets at them.

"I'm out of ammo!" I cried.

"Me too!" CJ said.

"Run!" Brooke cried, and we bolted for the stairs.

"Losers have to clean up!" CJ said as we disappeared down the stairs and ran to our room.

A few minutes later, they came back with a few bags full of Nerf bullets.

I ran to Niall and hugged him saying, "I lived! Aren't you proud of me? Now you know that I could protect you during a zombie apocalypse!"

He laughed, hugged me back and said, "I'm not too worried about a zombie apocalypse."

"You should be. It's going to happen," Katie warned, leading our group into a large discussion about zombies.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really wish that I could have a real Nerf fight this epic.