Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 34

A few days later Liam got an email from the girls giving him a copy of the interview. It was adorable and turned out well. The email also said that the girls had found someone to put their interview on TV.

I cringed mentally, wondering what the people would do to the poor girls’ video.

Liam found the airing date, and we made plans to watch it. They left for another show, and I listened from the bus. I didn’t hear any bad things mentioned about me, but nothing good either. Maybe they were starting to forget about me. Did I want that? To be forgotten? It was better than being threatened. I sighed and picked up a book, trying to keep my mind off of everything. I’d heard the movie for it was coming out. Maybe Niall and I could go see it. It had been a long time since we’d done something with just the two of us.

The boys came back and we all piled onto the bus, waiting to tour to our next destination. I pulled out The Lion King, one of my favorite Disney movies, and put it into the DVD player before I cuddled next to Niall on the couch. I passed through the commercials and right to the opening scene.

Immediately, the others piled into the room, with Louis shouting, “NAAAAAAAAA SAVENIAAAAAAAAAAA,” along with the into. We all laughed, crowded onto the couch and watched the movie. Even Mike joined us, bringing popcorn. It was like old times with a new friend. We fell asleep like that, though at some point in the night, Mike had managed to untangle himself and shut off the TV and DVD player before curling up on the floor.

The next morning started in a bit of a mess.

“Niall, get your girl off my leg!” Harry complained.

“I will after Lou gets off me!” I grunted, not able to move.

“Zayn, you have to wake up so we can get up!” Liam said.

“No,” Zayn groaned, at the top of the pile.

“Harry I can’t feel my arm!” Louis whined.

“Well I can't do anything at the moment, Lou,” Harry huffed.

Mike was woken up by our bickering. He sat up on the floor and stretched, and laughed at us.

“What’re you laughing at?” Niall, asked him, then couldn’t help but chuckle too.

I managed to wiggle my way out and into a standing position. I stepped over Niall, onto an armrest and then jumped onto the floor shouting, “FREEDOM!”, and then collapsing on the floor. I laughed with Mike as the others untangled themselves and got up. We made eggo waffles, and I did feel a bit sad as I thought of how eggos were Brooke’s favorite food. I made a mental note to call her and the others later. I missed them.

Over the next few days, things almost went back to the way that they had been when I first started touring with them, well, minus the whole ‘going on stage’ part. Niall and I snuck out to see that movie. When we got back the boys teased us for it as much as they had on our first date.

“Just shut up so we can watch the interview,” I growled, turning on the TV. We were all anxious to see how Sunny and Carly’s interview looked on TV. I kept my fingers crossed that nothing bad had been done to it. I didn’t want them to feel as betrayed by the other people as I did.

The introduction was adorable. It was just Sunny explaining who she was and what she was doing while her sister hid behind the camera. And Sunny apologized for the camera moving so much. She looked adorable, holding her little plastic microphone and standing in front of a blank wall. The episode was called ‘The Truth of Melody Blazier’, which made me nervous.

In the next part, she was sitting on the couch in the hotel room that I’d shared with the boys. The camera shook as Cassie made sure it was working.

“Is it on?” Sunny whispered, as if the camera couldn't record it.

“Yes, and they can hear you,” Cassie replied, though her voice was still a whisper.

“Okay, right, well Melody’s just gone into the bathroom to ask the boys if they would do an interview with us!” Sunny said excitedly in a louder whisper, probably so I wouldn’t hear her from the bathroom.

“They’re not in the bathroom with her, she’s on the phone,” Cassie clarified.

There was a pause and you could hear my voice from the bathroom.

“So what about the interview?” I asked and there was a pause as the boys responded. “You guys want to go to the beach after?”

You could barely hear the boys shout, “YES!” From the other end of the line. I had to remember to turn down my speakers next time.

“Ouch! Okay, okay! You guys are going to shout me deaf,” the me in the video laughed.

“SORRY!” the boys all shouted from the other end of the phone. I chuckled and walked back into the room.

The camera was suddenly at a funny angle. Cassie was holding the camera funny and saying, “I don’t know if it’s working! I told you we should have asked mom and dad first.”

“Sorry,” Sunny immediately apologized

“It’s already on,” I laughed, helping the girl set it on the stand that they’d set up.

“Do they always shout like that?” Sunny asked me.

“Not that we meant to eavesdrop on your call,” Cassie quickly added.

“No, it’s okay. Yes, they are pretty loud sometimes, and they said they’d be happy to do an interview with you. They’ll be here in a few minutes,” I said.

“Yay! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!” Sunny squealed, hugging me.

“You’re welcome,” I laughed.

The video cut to when the boys were there and were giving the girls hugs. The rest we all know, though it made us smile at the memories. Nothing was edited except the end part where the guy hosting the show came on and thanked the girls for sending their interview.

“So, what do you think?” the guy asked, turning to the audience. “Is Melody as good as the video shows? Or is she as bad as the rumors say she is?”

Comments appeared on the screen.

‘Of course she’s that good! You can’t fake that! She a guitar player, not an actress!’ One person commented.

‘If none of those rumors are true, then why hasn’t she come out and said it?’ another demanded.

‘Maybe it’s cause everytime she does, she gets something thrown at her!’ a different girl wrote.

‘The boys say that she isn’t any of those mean things, and they almost quit touring because of it! Seriously, people need to stop being so mean!’

I smiled and leaned into Niall. Finally, some people besides the boys were defending me.

“Well, it seems like things for Melody are taking a turn for the better,” the guy commented.

I certainly hoped so.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I give you all permission to hate me a little bit for the slow updates.