Status: I promise to try to maybe update every week.

Stole My Heart

Chapter 36

The managers' words terrified me. I put on a brave face for Niall and the boys, but I was a panicked mess on the inside.
What was I going to do? I couldn’t just leave Niall and the others. They were all I had left, they were my family.

And where would I go? My old apartment wouldn't take me back, and I didn’t have any money anyway. So, to my car?

Maybe I could stay with katie, Brooke, or CJ, but their families wouldn’t be happy. Plus each of them had their own problems to deal with, and they didn’t need me in the way of everything.  I didn’t have any money to help them support me. I would need a job but that would take time... Could I really ask that much of my friends and their families?

I kept my problems a secret. I would figure everything out eventually. Instead, I focused on the shows. People welcomed me back and cheered for me like they used to, but Mike’s hand was healing quickly. If I didn’t do good enough, I would be forced to leave, but if I did do good enough, Mike would have to leave.

What kind of life did he have to go back to? I’d been too depressed to even ask. Did he have family? A job to go back to? Another band maybe? I had no idea. Some friend I was,

These thoughts kept me awake at night. I woke up one morning and managed to stumble into  the kitchen area where the boys were.

“You okay Mel? You look kinda tired,” Niall said, handing me a cup of coffee. I could see that he and the other boys were just as stressed as I was.

“I’m fine. Where’s Mike?” I asked, sipping on my coffee and looking around.

“He went to get his brace off,” Liam said softly.

I nearly choked to death on my coffee. “That was today?” I coughed.

“Yeah, but don’t worry,” Harry told me.

“We have a plan,” Louis added gleefully.

“We are not going to let them take you away,” Zayn said firmly.

“Thanks guys. So what’s the plan?” I asked, sensing that something was up.

“It’s a good plan,” Niall said, wrapping an arm around my shoulders and looking to the boys for help.

“That includes?...” I asked, encouraging him to continue.

“Being awesome,” Harry answered.

“And?...”

“Ninja skills?” Louis replied.

“You don’t have a plan, do you?” I asked with a sigh.

“Not a solid plan, but we’re not letting you go without a fight,” Liam said with a nod.

“Yeah,” Zayn said with a little attitude.

“Yeah,” the others echoed.

“Yeah,” Mike said, entering the room, “I don’t know what we’re all ‘yeah’ ing, but sure. Why not?” The boys and I laughed, but then stopped immediately as the managers walked in Niall squeezed my shoulders encouragingly.

“Miss Blazier, it’s time we discussed your part in this band,”

One of the managers said, “We have decided that-”

“Wait!” Mike cut it, “Wait just a second! I would just like to say that I no longer wish to be the guitarist for One Direction. Let Melody do it. She’s good at what she does, and this is her family. You can’t just send her away. So yeah, I quit, but ya’ know, if you need a drummer, I’m currently unemployed...”

“Hold on just a moment Mr. Clancy, we haven’t even told you what we’ve decided. We’ve decided that we would like Melody to continue being the guitarist for the band. As for your position as the drummer, we will take it into consideration. Anyway, that is all. Have a good night,” one of the managers laughed, and then left the room.

For just a moment, we were all shocked silent. Then the boys and I broke into loud cheers. Niall picked me up and spun me around, and the guys gave me a giant group hug, even Paul joined in.

“Can’t breath!” I gasped from the center of the pile.

“You know you love it,” Harry teased.

“Yeah, maybe a little,” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any mistakes, I updated from my phone. I think there is only going to be one more chapter.