Kissed

kissed

She sat on the counter with her legs dangling over the edge as she sipped on her beer. The party was at its peak in the living room with the music throbbing and spilling across the room. The heat of it resonated even this far back in the kitchen.

She played with her phone clicking the sleep button on and off as she waited for a text back from a friend.

“Hey.” She looked up and felt her mouth go a little dry. Lifting the beer to her mouth she took in the boy who had just walked in. He practically took up the door frame. He was tall with muscles packed on his body all covered in a black long sleeved shirt and jeans. He stared back at her with bright blue eyes and smirked at her obvious perusal of him.

“Hey.” She said quietly glancing back down at her phone pretending not to watch him as he walked over to the fridge and grabbed another beer.

“Not interested in the party?” He said.

“I mean, I don’t really know anyone. A friend of mine brought me and I’m too tired to really socialize.” She lied. In reality it was just that she had no idea how to mingle in this body of strangers. It seemed like all of these people knew each other either from school or work and having a conversation was strange.

She was left out of all the inside jokes and the workplace drama and she just didn’t feel like standing awkwardly with a smile plastered on her face as she nodded along. She could play pretend with the best of them, but tonight was too much. She just wanted some free booze until her ride came.

“I get it.” He nodded along, and she was pretty sure he didn’t, but she didn’t mind. She nodded and went back to her phone, pretending to type out a text. “I’m Jeremiah by the way.”

“Rooney.”

“Do you wanna dance with me Rooney?” He asked her.

“Uh… I mean, don’t take this the wrong way, but I just… no thanks.” She had no idea how to dance, especially the certain blend that was happening in the living room. Honestly she had always liked the intimate push and pull of the way they all ground against each other, but she had tried it once and it was too strange. Too many people too close to her and she liked her personal space, so she preferred to watch instead.

He pulled out a chair from the fold out table in the kitchen and sat down as he returned her perusal with one of his own.

“This isn’t your scene is it?” It was a question, but he framed it like a statement. She opened her mouth to deny it, but nothing really came out. She had never really been sheltered, so she knew about alcohol and sex and drugs. Her parents had always been upfront with her and knew that she began drinking at a young age and told her to know her limit. The same went with the drugs. It was probably why she didn’t really like either. The glamour of it all had faded for her before she even left for college, but the rich white kids in the living room still saw their new life with a special kind of glowing light.

“Have you ever even been kissed before?” He said the question easily with that half smirk on his lips and she thought about it. Most of the time she would lie and play off the question, because it was easy to make people believe you were experienced. The key to it was not going into too much detail and not talking about it too much.

If you started talking about how much you drank and got shit faced all the time, most people just think you’re a douche-bag poser.

“Once.” She said in all honesty. “About a year ago.” She laughed a bit. “It was awful, I mean, how can I know right? He was my first, but I’m pretty sure it was his first too and it was… it was like he was licking my face and, oh my god, and his tongue. He just – it was awkward, sloppy.” She finished with a chuckle.

“So you were scared away from kissing?”

“Mmm, no, not really. There was just never anyone that … felt worth it I guess. I mean, I’m not waiting for some guy to come sweep me off my feet – I just … want it to be more than an obligation at the end of dinner and a movie.” She said staring down at her hands.

“Can I kiss you?” She looked up at him through her lashes and took him in. She watched the way his shirt sat on his frame, and the way his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. She liked how the muscles in his forearms stood out. Sitting on the chair his thighs were pressed against the fabric of his jeans and even as inexperienced as she was, she knew a man when she saw one.

“Okay.” He stood up and walked towards her and she tried to swallow something down her bone dry throat. She set her beer down next to her as he stood between her legs. His face was close to hers and she could feel her heart hammering in her chest. She hadn’t realized up until now how much space she had always kept between herself and everyone else.

He put his hands on her knees and looked at her. “Are you still okay with this?”

“I don’t know, but I don’t want you to stop.” She said, and he replied with a smirk. His hands slowly traveled up from her knees. Moving up her thighs he ran his thumbs against the inside of her legs as he leaned in and placed a peck against her collarbone.

She reached a hand up to touch him but he stopped her. “Keep your hands down.” He warned and it made the skin on her chest tighten and tingle. He lowered his head back to her collarbone and she had trouble controlling her breathing. His hands on her thighs and his thumbs drawing small circles against her in combination with his slow ministrations up her neck were making it hard to concentrate.

When she felt like her head was about to float away she felt his hands against the backs of her knees as he suddenly jerked her forward flush against him and she gasped at the intimate contact. His hands were greedier this time, running up her legs he skimmed and squeezed her ass and then continued on. He held her by the back, his thumbs barely brushing the underside of her breasts.

“Look at me.” He directed and she stared at him still lost in the electrical storm coursing through her body. He leaned forward, pushing his body even harder against her. “I want you to remember everything and know it’s me. Every gasp and shudder is mine. I own it. I own you. Right here, right now.” He whispered into her ear as he rocked against her and she let out a moan. He grabbed her by the hair at the nape of her neck and turned her head to the side to stare at him.

“Say it.”

“Yes.” Was all she managed.

“Yes what?”

“You own it. This, us, you, me, you own it.” She said and he crashed his lips against hers.
This was something else entirely; there was nothing sloppy about it. There were no tentative movements or awkward bumping of teeth. It was dominant and God was it turning her on. He moved his lips against hers and pulled on her hair to tilt her head back. He sucked on her lower lip and pulled on it with his teeth and she wrapped her legs around his waist pulling him closer.

His breath was hot against her mouth and she wanted to press closer. His tongue dipped in her mouth and she couldn’t help herself as she reached up with her arms and wound them around his neck. He stroked and stoked her hotter and higher. She wound her fingers into his hair and pulled hard and she moaned into his mouth. Pulling back he was breathing hard against her chest.

“I warned you to keep your hands down.” He growled out as he slipped his hands under her ass and picked her up before slamming her up against the wall opposite the kitchen door. She didn’t even care; the press of his body against hers was enough. He kissed against her neck underneath her jaw and nipped at her neck over and over, his hands ground her ass against him and she leaned her head against him.

“Don’t stop.” She said into his shoulder as she squeezed her legs around him even harder and in
response he let go of her ass to pin her hands against the wall.

“Say my name.”

“Jeremiah.” He pressed a hard kiss against her mouth and she jerked against him.

“Again.”

“Jeremiah.” He ground his hips against her as he pressed his mouth to hers and she moaned against him.

“Oh my God!” A voice from the kitchen doorway squealed. And then it was over, he pulled away from her and it was only his arm around her waist that kept her from falling to the floor. “Shit, sorry.” The girl muttered as she turned from the room laughing.

She focused on Jeremiah’s stomach as she reigned in her breathing, her chest rising and falling quickly. After a few seconds his hand left her waist and she heard her phone buzz. Taking the few steps to the counter she could feel her legs shake and tried to steady her gait. Picking her phone up she saw her ride was waiting.

“Looks like I’m outta here.” She said turning to look at Jeremiah.

“Was it that bad?” He laughed.

“No.” She shook her head.

“Better than your sloppy first?”

“I think I’m having trouble remembering my first.” She smiled at him. “But my ride’s here, so… maybe I’ll see you around.”

“I don’t even get a number?”

“Do you want it?” He took a step towards her until he wound his hands around her waist, pulling her against his chest and pressed another kiss against her lips.

“I think,” he covered her mouth again. “that I want to continue this uninterrupted next time.”

“Next time.” She echoed.

“Next time.” He confirmed