Kissed

Fun

The music was loud, it was hot and there were people everywhere. She was beginning to wonder what she was doing here.

“What am I doing here?” She yelled at her friend next to her.

“You said you would go out with me three weeks ago and now I’m collecting!” She yelled back as she pushed another shot at her. She tossed it back and grimaced.

“Chaser! Chaser! Oh my god, Casey! What the hell!”

“Here.” Someone else handed her a glass of juice and she eagerly tossed it down, and then smacked Casey on the arm.

“I hate rum.”

“I know, but the boys who bought it for me like it!” She smiled as she nodded to a boy standing behind her at the bar.

“I would have gotten you something else, but I haven’t seen you for a few weeks so I didn’t know.” Someone said in her ear and she spun around and found herself face to face with Jeremiah.

“Jeremiah.” She said as her pulse jacked up a notch. In the weeks that had passed since the party, she had slowly convinced herself that he was a result of too much shitty beer and a desperate, overactive imagination.

He was very real.

“Rooney.” She laughed as she looked around the club and then back at him. He looked good. She wondered if she looked good. She wondered if he was sober enough to make it matter still.

“We should really stop meeting like this.” He took a step closer and leaned in to speak in her ear.

“And how is that?”

“Under the influence.” He chuckled.

“Dance with me.” He said into her ear and she laughed.

“No. I can’t. I’m so bad.”

“Please.” He asked, and she would have liked to blame the alcohol for her decisions, but she knew that the alcohol hadn't had quite enough time to kick in yet.

“Okay.” He grinned and pulled her into the throng of people. The cloud of heat descended on her immediately and she felt nervous with so many bodies against her. Jeremiah pulled her towards him and shifted so that her back was to him. He held onto both of her hands and she was glad for the barrier from the others around her.

“I don’t know what I’m doing!” She shouted at him over her shoulder. He placed a kiss on her shoulder as he took her hands and wound them around his neck behind her.

“Just follow me.” He said as his hands slipped down to grip her hips. The bass in the room shook the floor and she began swaying in time to the bass. It didn’t take long for her to understand the rhythm and she began to move with more certainty.

She arched her back, grinding back against him, and she felt his hands tighten against her hips, holding her to him. Her arms, still around his neck, snaked into his hair, her fingers pulling at him. He growled against her ear and pressed his face against her neck as the song switched to something slower.

She slowed her hips to match the rhythm, and then turned to stand face to face with him. There were too many bodies on the dance floor, and she was plastered against him as he danced with her.

He stared at her with such an intensity that she was about to say something when he grabbed her hand and started dragging her through the crowd away from the dance floor.

His grip on her wrist was unbreakable as he pulled her through a door beside the bar. It was a poorly lit supply room with shelves against the walls and a long bench in the center of the room. The music pounded against the door and shook the shelves slightly.

“That wasn’t nice and neither is this room. What’s this about?” She asked somewhat indignantly.

“Shut up.” He bit out as he walked her into a wall and with both hands on her face brought his lips against hers. She was angry and a little turned on and that made her even angrier. She pushed at his shoulders but he didn’t budge and she tried to turn her head but his hands kept her face locked with his. He pushed his torso against hers and ground his thigh in between her legs and a moan slipped from her mouth and he pushed even deeper into her mouth.

His hands travelled from her face to her neck, his thumbs pushed her face upwards as he continued to kiss her. She was tipsy and maybe even really drunk. She didn’t know if she would regret this later, but the tight coil that sat in her lower abdomen was aching. She pushed her body up against his, grinding against him in search of some kind of release.

He released her mouth in the same moment that his hands landed on her ass.

“Oh shit.” He had nice hands. They were big and they were on her ass.

“I called you.” He murmured against her neck leaving a trail of kisses as he went.

“I saw.”

“And you didn’t answer.”

“Right well-“She gasped as he lifted her up and pressed his face into her chest. She wrapped her legs around his waist. His mouth was on her breast and he was doing circular things with his tongue and she wound her fingers into his hair and pulled his head back up to her lips. She still didn’t know what she was doing or if she was doing it correctly, but she liked the way he hummed against her mouth.

She pulled away for a breath of air and remembered the last time they were together as she began pressing soft kisses against his neck, letting her teeth graze against his skin. Down to his collarbone and back up to his lips, he took her face in his hands and stared at her.

“God the things I would do to you.” He said and then his phone rung. It vibrated against her thigh which was still wrapped around him. Leaning her head against the wall behind her she let out a mirthless chuckle. Unwinding her legs she dropped down. “Stay.” He said pointing at her before answering the phone.

She walked over to the bench and sat down listening to the music coming from the club. Jeremiah hung up the phone and sat down on the bench next to her.

“Your friend’s getting a ride home with my buddy.”

“Oh.” For fuck’s sake, she thought, what happened to not leaving her alone.

“Do you need a ride home?”

“Yeah, that’s okay. I’m fine. Listen, I’m gonna go.” She said as she stood up.

“Wait, what?”

“Yeah, it’s late, I’m gonna head out.” She said, standing up. He moved in front of her, standing between the door, and she tilted her head to stare at him.

“I want to do this again.”

“You want… you want to meet in a dirty supply closet and make out?”

“I want to see you.”

“I just, I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t fucking know you.”

“I think you know plenty about me.”

“Look, I like this. This was fun… but I’m not good with anything more than fun.”

“Okay, than let’s keep it fun, but you can’t just… leave.” He took a step forward, his hands brushing over her waist and over the insides of her elbows. Her breath hitched as he placed his mouth on the spot right behind her ear. She moved her lips to meet his and she was lost in the ragged pulse of her heart and the brush of his breath against hers.

“Okay.” She murmured against his mouth as he pushed her down onto the bench. “Fun sounds good.” She said, “but not… now. Oh my God. I love your hands.”

“What?” She sighed and pushed him off her.

“I wasn’t kidding when I said I needed to leave. It’s not an excuse. Promise.”

“Yeah. Okay.”

“Fun.” She said, and he looked at her with a crooked smile.

“Just fun.”

“Okay.”