Status: Re-vamping this story! |Active|

Last Hope

Destruction

I grunted, willing this task to get easier but I knew it wouldn’t and with a loud thump it falls to the ground, “damn box,” I mutter, sending a kick out at it then yelping in pain as my toe bears the brunt of my anger.

I heard a snicker from behind me and turn to see familiar blue eyes and a scarred face. I wondered why he was here but didn’t say anything as he approached.

“Need a hand?” Ryan asked, not waiting for an answer he scoped the box up with ease and I noted the muscles in his arm tense with the weight.

“Thanks,” I acknowledged, following after him, “I need to get it back to my groups hide out, are you okay leaving your group just to do this?” I questioned.

“I’ll be gone ten minutes? Twenty tops, they’ll be fine besides, you shouldn’t be trying to carry things this heavy; you might strain yourself and reopen the stitches.” He replied gruffly.

“I didn’t anticipate it to be that heavy,” I admitted, “I just wanted to get Hailee’s stuff out of the way,” I finish.

“Fair enough,” He responded before we lapsed into silence. I kept my guard up as we got closer to Farmers, making sure to have Ryan’s back in case we got attacked but the walk remains quiet. I’m about to show him where to put it but he shakes his head.

“Let’s take it to the truck,” So I direct him to it and let him put it in the back, stacking it neatly before locking the truck and heading back. I walk him to the front door and am about to leave when he grasped my wrist, forcing me to face him with a raised brow.

“I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said,” He begun and I listen closely, my heart skipped a beat as I stared at him, “and you’re right, my behaviour lately has been inhumane, I’m sorry,” he stated, pulling me into an embrace as he wrapped an arm around my neck and snaked his other arm around my waist.

Relief flooded my system and I pulled his head down, our chapped lips met in a kiss before I sighed in bliss, “thank you,” I say smiling. I’m about to say something else when a deafening explosion shakes the building. Debris falls around us and Ryan throws his arms over me, protecting me from the falling rubble. When the shaking stops we listen,

“It sounded like it was coming from the east wing,” Ryan uttered before we both are running to investigate.

Arriving to the scene we spot dark smoke coming out of a shoe store and flames danced around, a sob could be heard and I spot Ravi, a close friend standing to the side of the place, weeping. A sinking feeling overcomes me as I walk up to him, glancing over to see Ryan was too focused on putting the fire out.

“Ravi… Ravi what happened?” I whispered, hardly being able to make myself any louder.

“T-they’re dead!” He wailed, “All of them,” He finished with a whimper.

My breathing hitched and I took a step back. Them? The only people he could possibly be referring to is his team. All? That meant six, six people had died in the explosion, explosion. I gasp.

“No! No it’s not possible!” I scream, suddenly I feel strong hands on me and some asking what’s wrong. I was going to be sick.

“Baden,” I whisper, looking up at a confused Ryan, “we have to find Baden now,” I hiss, taking off. I’ll kill him; I’ll rip his throat out with my bare hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo an update! So happy to have this done and I hope to update soon!