Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

We gamble with desire

“So, you and Abs- huh?” The caramel and pink haired man said to his best friend. He couldn’t help but wonder why he felt so much anger to his best friend. He’d never felt so angry. The two boys were sitting on Alex’s couch, playing video games. It was just them, this time. Rian was with Cassadee, and Zack was probably taking some photographs somewhere. Lisa was at her home, and Abbie as well.

“Yeah, I’m just as surprised as you.” Jack mumbled pausing his side of Frogger. The skunk-haired man stood up and walked out of the living room and to the kitchen. He an Alex were so close he felt as though his best friend’s home was his own. “I mean, after you left she was crying so I did what I do best.”

“Make dick jokes and drink?” Alex offered, which in turn made Jack laugh and nod. “Okay, so what happened next?” Alex didn’t want to know, but at the same exact time, he really did.

“We got drunk, and honestly- I can’t remember what else. Played twister, I think? I woke up naked though, man.” Alex slowly blinked at the television screen. Jack’s words seeped in. They seeped in like rubbing alcohol on a wound, they burned. “But yeah, the next morning Abbie did what she does. She made some jokes and then made me food. And when we were talking about what things would be like and what things meant, I blurted out that I love her.”

Alex looked behind him, and at his best friend. He desperately tried not to glare at Jack. “You never told me that,” Alex mumbled, hurt or jealous- he couldn’t tell. But why jealous? He had a very attractive girlfriend that he loved, and Abigail was his best friend- not his girlfriend.

“I know, because I always thought you liked her.” Alex stood up and joined his best friend and bandmate in the kitchen. He let himself plop down on the comfortable bar stools. “I mean, I never would have told her. It just, blurted out there. And then we kissed and then we kissed some more and, and”

“I don’t want to know if you guys fucked on the couch I sleep on all the time.” Alex said though a practically wired shut jaw. He was pinching the bridge of his nose lightly, and his eyes were shut. Jack just laughed and shook his head. Alex’s eyes popped open and darted over to his friend.

“She, uh, cut the kissing short because she burned my eggs.” Alex let out a laugh he couldn’t hold in, only Abbie would do that. “We decided to take things slow, I’m gonna ask her on a date soon.” Alex nodded and looked over at Jack. He looked so happy, and that made Alex feel even shittier. He should be happy for Jack, ecstatic for Jack.

Ever since the Holly and Jack split, Jack hadn’t really been the same. Jack loves having someone to think about, and wonder about all day. He loves to buy his girlfriends little gifts, like teddy bears and balloons. He loves to video chat with them all day, and make them laugh. Jack’s just, in love with love. And the fact that Alex felt so angry at him for it, just made Alex feel like a fuck up for a friend.

Cassadee was telling Abigail all about The Voice, when she noticed the blonde zoned out into the wall. “God,” Cassadee breathed out, a small smile playing on her lips. “You and Alex are one in the same.” Abbie’s eyes snapped from the wall over to Cassadee.

“Sorry, I was spacing out. You were talking about Adam Levine’s lovely face?” Abbie jokingly attempted to bring conversation back to Cassadee. She really didn’t feel like talking about Jack right now, she needed to think alone. The only reason Cassadee was at Abigail’s apartment on Abbie’s ‘law low’ night, was because Cassadee had a flight back to L.A the next morning.

“Actually, I’d moved on to talking about Dez.” Abbie smiled over at Cassadee, who just grinned childishly. “So,” Cassadee dragged out, leading into a topic Abbie knew was going to end up being Jack.

“How are you and Rian?” Abbie quickly diverted the car wreck of her own mind.

“You’re avoiding things, Abbie.” Cassadee stated bluntly, making Abbie sighed and look down at her polka-dot sock clad feet. “What’s wrong? What’re you running from?”

“I’m just scared. Scared out of my goddamn mind, Cassadee.” She nodded slowly. “Jack and I are so close and I don’t want him to get hurt. I love the boy, he’s my best friend. I don’t love him like he loves me, though. Like, yes. I have strong attraction for him, I’ll make out with the boy any day of the week. But I’m not in love with him.”

“I understand that. That can take a while.” Abbie groaned and propped her head on her hands. Her elbows were digging into her thighs so she could rest her head easily on her hands. “What else?”

“I already have a bad feeling about things. I just,” Abigail sighed and looked up. “I can already see the end, and I know that’s really fucking bad.” Cassadee nodded slowly, again. “I’m scared, Cass.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the first half of this, second half- not so much.
I hope you guys love it though! Please comment! It means the world to me when you guys do.
I'm soooo proud of this story, and it holds a great future in my mind!
So keep reading& commenting! I'll love you forever c;
xoxo
tiffiny c: