Status: finished.

Shut Up & Take My Hand

I won't give up on you

I ended up having to force Alex out back, because he was taking up needed table space. I felt bad for Cass, because not only does she have to put up with Alex’s annoy shit, but she has to deal with her sexual desires as well.

I got off work around one and dragged Alex away from Cass’ mixing bowl. “Hey,” he whined as we walked to my car. “I wanted the rest of her cookie dough.” I rolled my eyes and ignored the 24-year old child.

“So when are you going back?” Alex looked up from his ice cream and swallowed. We were sitting on my bed, eating ice cream and talking.

“Back on tour you mean?” I nodded taking a small spoonful in my mouth. “January, so don’t worry. Jack-y poo isn’t leaving for a while.” I scoffed and rolled my eyes. “Not the reaction I expected.” He mused setting his bowl on the floor. I sighed and followed in suit. “Don’t you dare break that Lebanese boy’s heart.”

“I don’t plan to, Alex.” I muttered, feeling a little annoyed.

“Don’t get pissy with me, Abs. I’m just looking out for my two best friends. If you break his heart, things are going to be tense. And if he breaks yours things will be tense. I don’t want to be forced to choose. That’s why this is a seemingly bad idea, but hey your life.”

“Don’t be such a dick.” I sat up and fixed my shirt. “You should leave, I have stuff to do.”

“You’re so childish, but fine.” He muttered shoving his vans on. “Peace.” Alex stormed out of my apartment. I sighed and left my room. “Why does this keep happening?” Alex asked, coming back inside. “We keep fighting over relationship-shit. I’m tired of this. We never fight, why are things changing.” I’m jealous.

“I don’t know.” I lied biting my lip. “I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry too.” He mumbled back, opening his arms and walking towards me. I sighed and hugged his middle. “B-F-F’s forever?” I laughed and nodded, my nose rubbing against his chest.

“Most certainly.” I groaned and pulled away from the hug when his phone went off. I sighed and went to the kitchen, I started to do dishes.

“Hey, Lisa says she wants to talk to me. I gotta get home, I love you Abbie.” Alex pecked my cheek and hurried out of my house.

“Bye ‘lex.”

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––


I arrived at Lisa and my apartment only to find bags packed and her in tears. “I can’t do this Alex.” I blinked, my heart dropped to my stomach. “I can’t compete with her, Alex. She’s better than me, and I know it. I see how you look at her,” she sobbed, covering her mouth. “You love her more than me, I know you do. Maybe you don’t see it right now, but wait and you will. I’m sorry.” She lightly caressed my cheek with her thumb. “Goodbye.” She kissed me quickly on the lips, not giving me a moment to kiss back.

“Wait, Lisa come on. What d-did I do?” I asked, obvious confusion rolled out on my face. “Lisa, I want you. I love you, I’m trying here. Don’t just give up.” She shook her head, her placed her hand over her mouth. “Lisa,”

“I’m sorry.” She said again, stroking my cheek. “I have to.” I tried to pull her back, but she got away. I closed my eyes and breathed out. “Goodbye Alexander.”

“Fuck it.” I muttered, grabbing a bottle. “Fuck everything.”

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––


“Alexander William Gaskarth!” I yelled storming into his apartment. “Al-” I stopped short. He was sitting in his chair, half naked, unshaved, and obviously blacked out. “Oh, Alex.” I sighed, walking up to him. My boots tapped against the floor as I walked, causing Peyton and Sebastian to bark.

“Shut the fuck up,” Alex groaned not opening his eyes. “Just shut up.”

“Alex,” I whispered, leaning down to him. “It’s been two weeks, you need to get up, stop drinking and for fucks sake, most importantly take a fucking shower. Because, sweetie, you smell like Jack’s balls seven weeks into Warped tour.”

“Fuck off Abigail. This is your fault.” I groaned and stood up.

“No, Alex. It’s not my fault. It is yours. Who’s cheated on her more than once? Hm? Me? No. You have. You broke her trust, and it does not help that you’re best friend is one gorgeous mother fucker, if I do say so myself.”

“You’re not making me laugh.” He muttered monotonously.

“I’m not trying to. Alex, Lisa-”

“Don’t say her name.” I groaned.

“She-who-must-not-be-named has always been insecure, and your actions have not been helpful in that. She’s probably just as heartbroken as you.”

“She blocked me on twitter.”

“Oh my god!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. “Alex! She’s fucking gone. This will not bring her back.”

“Then what will?”

“Alex, you’re so selfish. Jack and I went on a date, did you know that?” I asked cocking my head. “Or how about, did you know that Zack has a date tonight? Did you know that your mom bought a hamster? Or that Jack’s dad hit on me? You’ve missed everything because you’ve been wallowing in your own fucking sadness. When are you going to learn? Lisa is not the one for you!”

“Then who is?” He asked standing up and glaring at me.

“I don’t know, but you look like a hobo. Go take a fucking shower you nasty little fuck.” He groaned and I shoved him towards his bathroom. “I don’t even feel good about being near you, you’re nastiness is rubbing on me. Take a shower.” I stated loudly. “I’ll clean up here,” I let my voice get softer again. “You’re going to be okay, Alex. Lisa is not worth all of this. You’re better than this.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this is sweet and sad all at the same time c:
please comment you lovely people
Hey! Guess what I'm beginning? A co-write with my best friend Casey, it's called Make This Last, Take it Slow.
Please go and read it, and comment on it!
I love you guys c:
xoxo
tiffiny