Sequel: Young Lovers' Rage
Status: still sobbing what else is new

Drop the Hammer

Admittance

Ben's eyes widened and his jaw dropped to the ground. He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Right in front of him sat Matt and Jake, locked-lipped and embracing each other. Ben stood there for a few moments, too stunned to do anything.

“I-uh, here's your breakfast...” Ben finally spoke.

Matt and Jake broke from their embrace. “Oh, delightful!” Jake said.

“Looks yummy.” Matt said in his childish way and licking his lips at the meal that was placed before him.

Matt and Jake dug into their meal, acting as if nothing ever had happened. Ben still stood there, still shocked. Jatt had been in a full make-out session, and now they're acting as if Ben didn't see. Ben was in total confusion. At least the kiss had confirmed his suspicion. But now what?

“Why are you still standing there?” Matt asked Ben with a mouthful of egg.

“Uh... I'm not sure... Can I go home now?” Ben asked.

“No.” Jake answered. “There's laundry to be done. Get to it. And Don't forget to check the bathroom.” He demanded. The two continued to down their omelets as Ben headed to the bathroom.

Once Ben arrived at the bathroom, he flicked on the light and saw a scene that he never expected to see. There was clothing strewn everywhere, and a couple towels on the ground. Ben took a step back to survey the scene. He picked up a basket that was conveniently sitting on the floor of the bathroom. Ben entered the bathroom and was hit by an unpleasant, yet somewhat familiar scent. It took him a moment to realize what exactly the room smelt like... Then it hit him. Oh god, the bathroom wreaked of sex! So they had done what Ben had speculated. So many questions and thoughts rushed into Ben's mind at once. How long have they been gay? Since when were they gay in the first place? Why were they blackmailing him for being gay, yet they were gay themselves? And most importantly, who was the top?

Ben shook his thoughts away and got back to work. He picked up Matt and Jake's clothes and towels and placed them into the basket. Then he headed down the hall into the bedroom closest to him.

He walked into the bedroom to find it completely perfect... and empty. There was a bed, made perfectly. Nothing on the floor, nothing on the desk, and nothing on the walls. The room was essentially bare.

Ben slowly backed out of the room and headed to the next room. He opened the door to find everything he expected from the first room, and more. Ben looked around the room. You could definitely tell that this was a room that was in use. There was clothing all across the floor, and the bed was a complete mess. The television that faced the bed was on, but muted. Ben walked in and did a took a full 360 view of the room. There were pictures and achievements everywhere. There were two cased pucks in the centre of a dresser. Ben walked over and took a closer look at them. He noticed that they were NHL pucks, with tape wrapped around the outside of each. Ben read the writing on the tape. The left puck read: “Matt Frattin - 1st NHL goal.” The right read: “Jake Gardiner – 1st NHL goal.” Of course, Ben thought.

Ben turned his attention the the pictures that littered the room. On the wall above the dresser that held Jatt's first NHL goal pucks, was a medium sized framed picture, of both Matt and Jake in Leafs' uniforms. On either side of the pictures, were two smaller pictures. On the left, was a picture of Matt on his Leafs debut night, and on the right was a picture of Jake's. Ben smiled to himself. He thought it was kind of cute.

Ben continued to walk around and survey the room. There were framed pictures of Matt and Jake everywhere. Pictures of them skating together and laughing together. There were pictures of them from photo booths and pictures of them on various vacation destinations pinned to a cork board that hung above the bed that Ben assumed they shared.

Ben was distracted by the pictures that he didn't notice Jatt standing at the door behind him – fully clothed, thank god. They walked up behind him and Jake placed his hand on Ben's shoulder. Ben jumped at their presence.

“Hey guys, I didn't notice you there.” Ben said, shaken.

“So, you've noticed.” Jake said. Ben gave him a confused look. “You've found out.” He clarified himself. He walked over to stand beside Matt who was turning off the television.

“Yea.” Ben simply said. “How long have you two been... you know?”

“2011.” Matt answered. “We were up with the Leafs a lot and we spent a lot of time together considering that we were both rookies at the time.”

“Matt would always pull pranks and shit on me, all the time.” Jake said, looking down at his boyfriend admiringly. “I really enjoyed being around him. He always made me laugh.” He smiled to himself, reflecting on past memories.

“Those were good times.” Matt added. “Jake would get so mad sometimes, it was the cutest thing ever. He's so hot when he's mad.” Jake blushed at the topic.

“I couldn't stay mad at him for long, though, because in a matter of time he would say something ridiculous and I couldn't help but burst out laughing.” Jake said.

“Which in turn, made me laugh my head off.” Matt said. “The more time I spent with Jake, the more I started to fall for him. At first, I tried to deny myself. But I couldn't, and I didn't know why. I knew I really liked Jake, but I didn't think he liked me back... like that.” He added.

“Then one night, Matt threw a party for bunch of the guys on the team on New Year's Eve.” Jake said.

“I remember that party.” Ben said. Jake nodded at Ben.

“I was one of the last guys at the party. Everyone had had enough after the ball dropped, and decided to go home to get rest for practise or whatever it was they had coming up.” Jake continued. “Once I was the last one there, I decided I should head home. But first I wanted to say goodbye to Matt, and see if he was okay, seeing as he had disappeared from his own party. I found him sitting on his bed, crying into his lap. He was piss drunk, and I could smell the alcohol coming off him from the doorway. I was worried, so I went over and sat beside him. He told me to go away.” Jake laughed, and so did Matt.

“Of course, I didn't go. I wasn't about to leave my best friend sobbing alone on his bed. When I didn't go, he started to get mad – not at me, just in general. He looked at me, his face was red and his cheeks were stained from his tears. 'You just don't get it, do you, Jake?' He asked me. I didn't answer because I was confused, and didn't get it. So he stood up, and started pacing back and forth in front of me. 'Of course you don't.' He said to me. I stood up. 'What don't I get Matt? Would you tell me what I don't get? Because I clearly don't know!' I said to him, starting to get a bit angry myself. He looked at me before walking over to me, stopping just a few feet from me.” Jake stopped to take a breath. Ben looked at Matt and saw that he was blushing. When Matt saw that Ben was watching him, he hung his head to hid his face.

Jake went on, “He was so mad and upset, and I didn't know what to do. So I just stood there. 'What don't I get, Matt?' I asked him again, getting madder as time ticked on. 'This!' He yelled as he lunged at me. I went to brace myself as I thought he was about to attack me, but I was wrong. What he did was totally unexpected and caught me off guard.. He kissed me. I didn't know what to do, so I pushed him off of me. He took a step back and looked at me, there was hurt in his eyes. Then he collapsed to the ground as started to cry again. I stood there watching him cry because I didn't know what else to do. He looked so vulnerable, sitting on the ground like a complete mess. I knew that I loved Matt – I had for as long as I had known him. I was the happiest when I was around him. When he kissed me I was in total shock. I didn't know that he liked me back like that.” Jake admitted.

“I didn't know if it was the alcohol talking, so I sat down beside him. 'Matt.' I said. He ignored me. 'Look at me.' I said. This time he looked up at me. His eyes were all puffy from crying and his jaw was trembling. 'Listen to me.' I said to him. 'Everything is gonna be fine.' I didn't know what else to say to him, so I pulled him into my arms. We sat there for about 10 minutes like that, him crying into my chest while I stroked the back of his head. Finally he pushed away from me. 'Don't you see it Jake? I like you, like like-like you. I have for the longest time and I couldn't do anything about it.' Matt told me between stifled sobs. 'How could I do anything about it? You're Jake Gardiner, everything the Leafs ever wanted in a defenceman, and everyone loves you. There's no way you'd be gay, the ladies basically throw themselves at you, you're a stud. I mean look at you! God, you're beautiful.' He told me, trying his hardest to keep himself together. 'Matt, I don't know what to say. I just-' I started to say. 'Don't bother, Jake. I was a fool for thinking that you liked me that way. I never should have ki-' He started to say to me before I interrupted him by kissing him. It was like magic. I broke from the kiss. 'Matt, the minute I laid my eyes on I knew I liked you. You are the best looking guy I've ever seen. I hoped you were gay, but never thought twice about it because I knew you couldn't be. But now I know better.' I told him. He smiled at me. 'Really?' He asked. 'Yes. I wouldn't be sitting here with you right now if I didn't.' I told him, which made him smile even bigger. I smiled back at him and kissed him, and that's basically how it started. And we've been together ever since.” Jake finished.

“Wow.” Ben said, taking it all in. “I can't believe you remember that so well.”

“It was one of the best nights I've ever had. How could I forget it?” Jake said, smiling.

“I don't remember too much of it.” Matt said. “I was too drunk to. But I do remember confessing my love for him and kissing him.” He smiled, looking down at his feet.

Jake gazed at Matt affectionately. He lifted Matt's head so that they were looking at each other.

“I love you, Matt.” Jake told Matt before kissing him.

“I love you, too, Jake.” Matt said once they separated.

Jake bit his lip before turning to face Ben. “You can go home now, Ben.” He told him. “But don't think you're let off. You're still our bitch.”

“Ok.” Ben mumbled before heading out of the room. Matt shut the door behind Ben. Ben quickly left Matt and Jake's house and basically ran to his car. He was so glad to get out of there. He got into his car and sat there trying to catch his breath.

“Wow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
ok sorry super long but super jatt filled wow my heart might explode!!

srs tho needs to get back to the screims-ing but i gotta get jatt out of the way temporarily

hehehehee enjoy