Status: Active.

Last Girl Standing

Abelia Rockwell

Abelia pressed her lips together, knocking on the door of the boy’s house. Zayn had asked her to meet him there early that morning, saying he was going to make up for them missing the special date because of his weak bladder by spending the entire day with her. She smiled as Niall opened the door, giving her a big grin.

“Mornin’ Abelia.” He greeted. She was glad the two were friends again as he pulled her into a small hug. “I suppose you’re here for Zayn?” She nodded, causing him to chuckle. “He’s in his room. You can wait for him in there if you want.”

“Thanks Niall, how’s October doing?”

“Better.” He nodded, “Luckily I didn’t catch whatever she had and she was up and about yesterday.” Abelia smiled as Niall walked past her, saying he was going to go surprise her. She then timidly stepped into the house, and about a foot inside she nearly slammed into a shirtless torso.

“Abelia?” Liam asked. “Sorry, didn’t see you there.” She pressed her lips together as he helped her up and sighed. As much as she had wanted Kass to end up with Liam, she saw how happy Jenna made him. The two had been adorable the other day when they’d found out they’d gotten their date, and Abelia figured Liam had to do what made him happy, and if that was being with Jenna then so be it. He wasn’t just some puppet she could force into being with her friends.

“It’s fine.” She promised. “Do you… um… do you know where Zayn’s room is?”

“Yeah.” He said, giving her a small smile. Both of them knew that the two being this civil to each other was a huge step as he led her to one of the doors, where a loud guitar solo was coming from. “That’s Zayn.”

Then without any warning except a smirk Liam threw the door open, the music flooding the small house and exposing Zayn belting in nothing more than a towel

There’s no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, state of bliss
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted-


Just an earth-bound misfit I!” Liam sang loudly, alerting Zayn to his and Abelia’s presence. The raven haired boy’s cool demeanor vanished as he turned bright red, grabbing his towel to make sure it didn’t fall.

“Abelia!” He choked out, grabbing a few pieces of clothing before running back into the bathroom. “I’ll be right out!” Abelia and Liam couldn’t stop laughing as the song ended, going into the next one as Liam and Abelia tried to get a hold of themselves.

“Oh come on now, you’re not going to sing The Great Gig In the Sky?” Liam asked, still cracking up. Abelia fell against the wall, unable to reign in her laugher as Zayn came out, his hair still wet, but fully clothed.

“Don’t you have somewhere to be?” He grumbled.

“Nope! I’m going to go over to the house to see Jenna, but I don’t have to leave for at least another ten minutes.” He then reached over, giving Zayn’s cheek a small pinch. “Now, sing to me my angel of music.”

“Sod off.” He growled, his face flushed as he slapped Liam’s hand away. He then pulled Abelia into his chest. “And quite dragging my girlfriend down to your level.”

Abelia’s breath caught in her throat as he said that one small word, and she was glad that her face was smashed against Zayn’s chest so he couldn’t see how red her face was. He had said it, he had called her his girlfriend. As Liam said something, walking away from the pair she looked up at Zayn with a huge smile, feeling tears prick her eyes.

“What?” He asked.

“You… you called me your girlfriend.” She whispered. He chuckled, giving her a kiss on top of her head.

“Of course I did. That’s what you are.” He said it as if that word were the simplest thing, like saying she was a girl or had brown hair. He said it like it was a simple fact that everyone should know, and it couldn’t make her happier as she snuggled into his chest.

“Hey, get a room.” Louis teased, tossing something that hit Zayn in the face. Abelia looked up to see Zayn pulling a pair of boxers away from his face and started laughing as Zayn quickly threw them back, hitting Louis right in his famous bum. With a small smile Zayn pulled her into his room, shutting the door behind them and scooping her into his arms, giving her a small kiss before setting her down on the bed.

“So.” She asked as he grabbed his towel, drying his raven hair. “What’s the plan?” She pulled her legs up into a sitting position, looking over at him.

“Well.” He said simply. “Since me and my bladder lost us that special date, I thought I’d make it up to you.”

“I knew that.” She teased. “I meant how are you going to make it up to me?” He grinned cheekily at her, his eyebrows bouncing up and down, which just caused her to laugh. “You really have a filthy mind, do you know that?” He dropped his towel and walked over to her, slowly crawling closer until she was on her back with Zayn hovering only inches above her. Her heart sped up as she remembered their night in the cabin, but his eyes were playful, not lusty.

“I’m just going to spend the whole day doing whatever you want.” He said before flopping over onto his back beside her, throwing his hands above him in surrender. “I’m yours, do what you wish.” She started laughing again and Zayn quickly pulled her into his chest, smiling at her laugh. Abelia had been so quiet when they first met, but the more time he spent with her, the more in love he was falling with the girl she was becoming. She wasn’t afraid to laugh anymore, or voice her opinions, and he absolutely adored it as he looked into her warm brown eyes.

“Alright, I want you to sing to me.” She finally said.

“Alrighty, what song?” She bit her lip, thinking long and hard.

“Sing another song by whoever that was you were singing earlier.” Zayn’s eyes flew open as he looked at her.

“You mean Pink Floyd?” He asked, “You don’t know Pink Floyd?” She shook her head and Zayn gripped his chest, acting as though she’d wounded him deeply.

“I grew up with books Zayn, not music.” He chuckled, getting up and going over to his speakers.

“Well, I’m going to educate you then, brace yourself for a day of me singing all my favorite songs.” He looked over, pressing play as an organ and drums filled his room and he walked over, pulling her up into his arms. As he started to sing along he spun her around, slowly dancing with her as she rested her head on his shoulder.

All that you touch
And all that you see
All that you taste
All you feel
And all that you love


He paused, letting the song keep going as he looked into her eyes and making her heart flutter. And as the music kept playing he leaned down, pressing his lips to hers. And as they stayed like that the rest of the day, Zayn singing everything from Pink Floyd to Mario and back again, she couldn’t help but smile, wondering what she’d done to deserve someone as perfect as Zayn Malik.

And little did she know, he was wondering the same thing about her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zabelia being precious
Both songs are by Pink Floyd
The first is "Learning to Fly" the second is "Eclipse"
The perfect Paige is up next, so get excited!!!

oxoxoxo