Fight the Tears With Pretty Smiles and Lies

"I don't like it."

When I woke up the next day, I knew no one else was up because the house was silent. I sat up on the couch and rubbed my eyes before stretching and yawning. If I was going to talk to Gerard, I was going to do it now. I stood up with a groan and headed for the door that led down to the basement and Gerard's room. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I could clearly see Gerard on his bed, sleeping. I made my way to his bed and shook him a little more roughly than I intended.

"Gerard," I said loudly. He groaned and cracked his eyes open a little.

"Shit, Allie," he said. "You gotta talk a little quieter. My head feels like it's about to explode."

"I'm sorry," I said a little quieter. "But we need to talk. Now."

Gerard sat up.

"Are you breaking up with me?" he asked.

"No," I said, sitting down near his feet. "Not yet, anyways."

"What's wrong?" he asked. I sighed.

"I want you to know that I love you," I said. "But I don't love you when you're drunk."

Gerard looked down.

"I also suspect you're doing drugs too," I said. "And I don't like that either. You're not yourself after doing all of that. I don't like it."

"What do you want me to do?" Gerard asked.

"I want you to stop," I said. "If not for yourself, at least do it for me before you lose me."

Gerard nodded and looked me in the eyes.

"I'll stop," Gerard said. "For both of us."

I smiled.

"Thank you," I said. I got up from the bed.

"Oh, and Allie?" Gerard said. I looked at him. "I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please??
~Sally