Fight the Tears With Pretty Smiles and Lies

Absent

Unfortunately, on Monday, Mikey wasn't there. I saw Gerard before my first class. I worked up enough courage to go talk to him.

"Where's Mikey?" I asked him. He stared at me for a moment before answering.

"He's sick," Gerard finally said. I nodded my head.

"Ok," I said. I turned and left Gerard. I didn't really see Mikey during the day, but I felt lonely all of a sudden. I knew I'd be lonely at lunch. Somehow, Mikey and I had the same lunch, so we sat together. Today I'd be by myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Gerard's P.O.V.

I was sitting at my usual table at lunch by myself, of course, when I happened to see Allie walk in. I watched as she went to an empty table and sit down. She was also by herself. I was wondering why she was by herself when I remembered that Mikey wasn't here. I didn't know if Allie had other friends, but seeing as she hung out with my brother, I doubt she has any other friends. Anyways, I now felt kind of bad and before I knew it, I was standing next to Allie's table and she was looking at me with surprise.

"Can I sit with you?" I asked. She looked even more surprised before she smiled. It wasn't a huge smile. It was very small, and I found myself thinking it was incredibly adorable.

"Yeah," she said.

I sat down across from her at the table. She was looking down at her lunch right now, so I stared at the top of her head for a second before looking at my own lunch. I glanced at her one more time. This time she had been looking at me so our eyes connected for a second before she looked back down. I wanted her to look at me again.

"So," I said. She looked up at me. "How long have you and my brother been friends?"

"Umm," she said. "I'm not sure. A few years I think."

"Well how come I've never seen or heard of you before?" I asked. Seriously.

"I never went over to Mikey's, and yours, house before," Allie said. "We always just hung out at school."

I nodded my head.

"I've never seen or heard anything about you before either," she said. "Mikey never said he had a brother."

"Really?" I asked. Allie nodded.

Before I could say anyhing else, the bell rang and Allie hopped up from the table and left to go to her next class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what? I'm not dead! Just extremely busy... I am so, so, so sorry that it took me so long to update. I just always seem to have something to do. But I don't have to work today, so I figured I could work on some updates ; ) I didn't have to work yesterday either..but I couldn't really concentrate on my writing..So anyways, sorry for the wait and thank you all for being patient..or silently impatient lol
~Sally