Classy and Fabulous

First Day of Senior Year

I start the engine of my Mazda 3 and turn on the radio. It’s Time by Imagine Dragons is playing so I turn the music up. I sing along, as I roll down the windows and let the wind blow through my curly mane of hair. As I pull up to my first stop, I honk the horn and my best friend Maggie comes running out of her front door, headphones in and sweatshirt in hands.

Maggie climbs into the front seat next to me and shouts over the music, “Jesus Aimee!! Why don’t you turn the music up a little bit louder! I don’t think they can hear it all the way in California.”

I just laugh and turn the volume down a notch. Mondays aren’t Maggie’s favorite day of the week. “Well, you look cute today.” I smile and admire Maggie’s cream-colored top with studded sleeves, light wash jean shorts and her worn out black high tops.

“Whatever. Let’s just get this day over with so I can come home and practice before tryouts this week.” Maggie plays soccer, does homework and sometimes hangs out with her friends. That’s it. That’s her life.

I just shrug and put the car in reverse. We pull up to the next house in 10 seconds; Zack lives right down the road from Maggie. I honk the horn once and Zack prances down the driveway. Zack loves the first day of school.

He slips into the back seat behind me and tries to give me an awkward side/backseat/front seat hug and then waves to Maggie.

“You look super adorbs today, Zack!” I exclaim, as I back the car out of Zack’s driveway and move onto the next stop.

But Zack seriously did look adorable. He was wearing tan cargo shorts, a black cardigan over a white undershirt and red converses.

“Aww…thanks! You know how much I love the first day of school because of the outfit,” Zack says as he snaps his fingers. So Zack’s a little girly, I still love him. “You look fabulous to girlfriend.”

“Thanks.” I blush, even though I know I look awesome. I’m wearing a light pink, lace maxi dress with a skinny brown belt, a jean jacket, brown feather earrings and brown wedges. “Oh, someone call Jenna and tell her were coming cause you know she’s never ready when we get there."

Maggie picks up her Samsung Galaxy and dials Jenna’s number. “Hey, we’ll be there in a few so be ready!”

3 minutes later I pulled up beside Jenna’s townhouse, honk the horn and wait a few minutes, but no one comes out. I honk again and Jenna still doesn’t come. I tell Maggie to call her again, but before she could get her phone out, Jenna comes sprinting to the car and one sandal on and the other in her hand.

“I’m coming! I’m coming!! Sorry.” Jenna opens the door and jumps into the seat behind Maggie, out of breath. She looks precious in her denim top, pink high-low skirt, brown belt and white sandals.

“I’m sorry, Lily had me running all over the place, feeding the dog, doing the dishes. I didn’t have anytime to dress cute, brush my teeth or even put my shoes on!” Jenna says still out of breath.

“It’s okay. Just you know how Aimee gets when we’re “off schedule”. Also I have some Wisps in my backpack, you want one?” Zack asks, Jenna. She graciously accepts and sits quietly in the back seat.

“I “get” a certain way, I just like to be on time for things, that’s all.” I say proudly as I start on my way to our high school.

I just hear a chorus of ‘uh huh’ from the car.

I pull into my parking space at Charlotte High School and sigh. I turn the engine off and step out into the warm summer air.

I look at my friends and say “This going to be the best year ever!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a new story that I’m really excited to be starting. Its actually a rewrite of my other story The Diva Inside. If you like it please comment and/or subscribe!! I’d really appreciate it. Thanks! :D
Aimee's Outfit
Maggie's Outfit
Zack's Outfit
Jenna's Outfit