Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Morning Banter

I woke up to a pair of hazel eyes staring at me. I smiled and stretched before wrapping my arm around him and kissing him. “Good Morning. It’s nice to wake up to your face.”

“Good morning to you too, I love waking up to your face as well.” He replied as he swept a loose strand of my hair behind my ear. He looked at me and smiled, I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

“What’s so funny?”

“Oh, oh nothing.” He said between giggles. “It’s just, well, you have the craziest bed head I’ve ever seen.” I pouted as I patted the top of my head trying to keep my wild mane at bay. “It’s okay though, it’s really cute. I like it.” He smiled and kissed me.

“Well now you have me all self conscience about it.” I rolled out of bed and headed towards the bathroom to try and brush it out, or do something with it. I found a hair tie in my drawer and put it up in a messy bun. “Better?” I asked as I walked back into the bedroom.

“It was fine before, but if you prefer it like that, I like that too.” He said, waving me back into bed. I climbed in beside him and put my head on his chest, closing my eyes to take in everything that had happened in the past couple of days. “Is this for real?” I asked as I laid there, Sid gently stroking my back.

“Yes Baby, this is for real.” I could hear the happiness in his voice when he said it.

-----Summer 2007-----

I looked up at the roster that was posted on Coach’s door. I didn’t see my name so my eyes searched it again. No, it was definitely not there. A wave of disappointment washed over me as I felt the tears start to prick my eyes. I had worked so hard for this, gotten so far, and had failed. Failure was something I was not used to. I hardly ever failed at anything whether it be school, or hockey, or my personal life. This was the first time I had ever been cut from a team and the shock of it had yet to sink in. From the time I was eight years old I had always made every team I tried out for. I felt the anger come bubbling up to the surface as I looked for someone or something to blame. Just the thought of him, the thought of his name made me so angry, but it also gave me someone to blame other than myself for my failure.

----------

“Do you want breakfast?” He asked.

“Yes, I’m starving.”

He laughed. “Okay, how about you go take a shower and I’ll fix you something to eat.”

“But I don’t want to get out of bed. It’s nice and warm.” I whined as I pulled the blanket up to my chin.

“I thought you wanted to go to the mountains today? I’m all and well with staying in bed with you all day if you like though. You decide.” He teased as he nibbled on my ear and sent shivers through my body.

“No, we’re going to the mountains, and then when we come back we can spend the whole night in bed.” I pulled the blankets down and made my way towards the bathroom.

“Wait.” I heard him say. “Stop.” I stopped where I was and looked back at him.

“What? What’s wrong?” I asked. He smiled a goofy grin at me.

“Nothing. Just enjoying the view.” He replied as he crawled to the end of the bed. “You better get in the shower before I decide to pull you back into this bed.” I giggled, running into the bathroom and closing the door before he could catch me.

I showered as quickly as I could, but made sure to take the time to shave my legs and all my other parts. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped my hair in a towel as I walked into my bedroom to find something to wear. I stood staring at my closet until I decided to keep it simple with a pair of jean shorts and a tank top. I stepped back into the bathroom to work on my hair.

I was interrupted by a knock on the door.

“Yeah.”

“Are you almost done?” He asked through the door. I turned around and opened it with one hand as I held my hair up with the other hand and had a hair tie in my mouth. I tied the elastic around my hair and nodded.

“Done.” I said to him as I pecked him on the lips. “My crazy bed head doesn’t want to do anything today except be in a ponytail. I hope you don’t mind.” I grabbed his hand as we walked back to the kitchen where he had made me a bowl of yogurt with granola and berries.

“I wasn’t sure what you usually ate for breakfast. I figured since you are training and stuff that you would want to keep it somewhat healthy.”

“This is perfect. I usually make a smoothie for breakfast before I head to the rink.” I winked at him. “Just so know for next time.” I teased as we sat down at the table and dove into our yogurt. He rolled his eyes at me as he shoveled his food into his mouth. Such a typical man, no manners at all. “You should slow down you know. Eating fast isn’t good for you stomach.”

“Sorry.” He said with a mouthful of food. “Bad habit.” He slowed down with the intake of food and when he had finished he got up and put his bowl in the dishwasher. “Is it okay if we stop by the hotel before we leave? I just want to shower and change my clothes.”

“Are you going to shave?” I asked. He had some stubble coming in and everyone knows how god awful his playoff beard is. There was no way I was letting that get out of hand.

“What? You don’t like this?” He asked, coming over and rubbing his cheek against mine.”

I shrieked. “Eew Sid! No! That’s gross. You need to get rid of that before it gets any worse. You look like a greasy drowned rat when you let it grow out.”

“Okay fine, I’ll shave too. Are you ready to go?” He was already putting his shoes on.

“Yes, just give me one second to grab my bag.” I got up and tossed my bowl in the sink before grabbing my backpack off the kitchen counter. “Now I’m ready.”

******

I waited for him in his room while he showered and got ready. Seriously, I think he took longer than me. But it was worth the wait because when he came out of the bathroom his hair was still wet and he was walking around in a pair of board shorts, the water from his hair dropping down his back. His hair was a bit longer, the way I liked it. He looked way less dorky like this. Every time I saw the Sportchek commercials I cringed because his hair was so short and they made him look like a complete nerd. I wonder if Sid ever mentioned that to Pat.

He took a t-shirt out of the closet pulled it over his head. “What are you staring at?”

“You. I was just thinking how I like your hair like this. A little bit longer.” I walked over and rolled my finger through the little tufts of hair at the back of his neck. He grabbed my wrist and brought the palm of my hand to his mouth, kissing it softly.

“I like your morning bed head best.” He whispered as he pulled me closer and laid into me with an aggressive kiss. He hands exploring every inch of me, if could feel what was going on in his shorts and pulled back before we got carried away.

“I’m glad you find my bed head so attractive, but can we go now? It’s been forever since I’ve been to Banff.”

“Yeah yeah, you’re killing me Kel. What am I supposed to do with this?” He pointed at his shorts. I giggled and shrugged my shoulders before opening the door and heading forwards the elevator.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a bit of a setup chapter but I wanted to just have a little bit of chit chat between these too. I think they are super cute. lol. Anywho, I know the flashback isn't very long and it doesn't explain a lot except for the fact that Kel secretly blamed Sid for her failures, only to realize later that he was the reason for her successes. So my question to you, all my lovely readers is: Is there anything about Kelly or Sid's past that you want to know about or have questions about??