Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Dreams

Sid POV

"Where are we going?" Kelly asked.

"You'll see." I gave her hand a small squeeze to reassure her.

"Thank you for the surprise. Michael Buble. Wow, that was amazing."

Knowing that I had made her so happy made me bubble over with happiness. "I hope you like this next surprise just as much. We should be there in a few minutes. You don't recognize where we are?"

"It's dark out. No."

"Okay, fair enough." I turned my signal light on and turned off the main highway.

We drove for a few minutes down a dirt road, through a wired gate that said "Private Property" before I stopped and killed the engine.

Kel stared out the window for a minute before turning to me. "Camping? Is this where we came for our grad trip? It looks...different. Run down almost."

"And we have it all to ourselves. Want to help me set up the tent?"

She turned and eyed me. "Are you sure it's safe? No one is going to come ripping through our tent yielding a butcher knife or anything?"

I chuckled. "I'm pretty sure we'll be fine. Besides, that's why I brought Sam. She can scare away the bears." I opened my door and walked around the other side to open the door for her.

"How'd you manage to pack all this camping stuff? I didn't even bring a bag. Are you sure camping is such a good idea right now? I'm still wearing my dress."

I frowned, grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me so our faces were inches from each other. "Hey, what happened to the Kelly who used to gut fish with me? Come on, this will be fun. I've even learned how to pitch a tent by myself." A goofy grin spread across her face. "Not like that! You know what I mean."

"Sure sure, I'll leave you to pitch your own tent from now on then. Did you bring any firewood? I'm going to go and light my own fire." She leaned in and brushed her lips against mine. Feeling her against me I couldn't held the groan that escaped my mouth. "Firewood, in the truck." I mumbled as I gave her butt a squeeze. And see, you just pitched my tent. What am I supposed to do now?"

"Hmmm" she whispered. "You better go set up the tent." She brushed her hand across my crutch before she went to the car to get the firewood.

Kelly POV

I opened up the back door to the can to let Sam out before rolling back the cover on the bed of the truck. Sure enough, in true Sid style, the whole bed was packed to the brim with everything from a tent to camping chairs to a portable barbeque. Coolers were packed to the brim with enough food and beer to last us a few days, he even managed to pack a floatie for the lake. Sid, never misses a beat. I climbed into the cab of the and and changed out of my dress, grabbing a t-shirt and a pair of yoga pants from the single bag that I hoped had clothing in it. "I hope you packed me more than one pair of pants. How long are you expecting us to stay out here?" I asked.

"I packed minimal clothing, hoping of course..." He chuckled. "We can stay as long as you want, we have cell service here so if there is any sort of emergency we can be reached."

"Did you pack my bathing suit?"

"Nope. I must have forgot"

"Forgot my ass. Are you going to start putting that tent together or what?"

"Sure, can you pass me my headlamp?"

I opened the driver side door and grabbed the headlamp and the flashlight that Sid had stashed under the seat. Always prepared, that was my husband. I climbed into the bed of the truck and tossed him the tent "I'm still curious as to why we are here." I said while rummaging through the equipment to find the firewood.

"What? Can't a guy take his wife camping? It's romantic isn't it?"

"You're up to something Crosby."

"Look, can we just enjoy the night? Let's start a fire, get set up and then we can talk. Okay?"

I tossed the firewood out of the truck and looked back at him. "Fine."

Sid POV

I managed to set up the tent all by myself. I had learned a lot since that infamous grad camping weekend, and had spent quite a few summers camping with Taylor. I had it down to a science and before Kel had the fire lit, I had the sleeping bags and pillows in the tent.

"Done!" I yelled in triumph as I watched her build a pyramid of sticks.

"Damnit." I heard her mumble under her breathe. Everything was always had been and always would be a competition with us.

"Need some help?" I asked

"No, what I do need is a lighter or some matches. Please tell me you didn't forgot matches."

I walked up behind her, lacing my hand around her waist. "Relax Kel, I've got it covered." I grabbed emergency kit from the truck and tossed her a pack of matches. "Was there ever any doubt?"

She lit the match and slowly lit the individual pieces of paper. As she worked away on the fire, I grabbed the camp chairs and the rest of the gear and started setting up.

"Here." I passed her a beer and sat down on a chair behind her. Taking in the view as she squatted beside the fire, blowing on it gently to keep it going. "Nice job Babe. Now come and relax." I patted the chair beside me.

Kel pulled the chair flush beside mine, sat down and swung her legs across my lap. "What a day." She twisted the cap of the bottle and held it up to cheers with me. I tapped her bottle with mine and looked up. The sky was crystal clear with the big dipper taking centre stage. We sat there in comfortable silence, watching the fire and really just taking some time to relax. The last couple weeks had been crazy, and it was just nice to unwind.

I broke our silence "Do you like it here?"

Kel opened her eyes and turned towards me. "Yes, of course. All I can think about is how much fun we had the last time we were here together. This place will always be special."

I cleared my throat the took her hands in mine. "Good. Because I kinda bought it."

"You what?"

"I bought it. All two hundred and fourty acres of it. When I had heard that the government was selling the land for development I jumped on the opportunity. I couldn't bare to see it ripped up and destroyed. The paperwork just came through last week and everything is finalized. The title and the deed are in your name. My wedding present to you, you can do whatever you want with it." I pulled an envelope out of my pocket and handed it to her. She just sat there, mouth open and eyes wide.

"You bought this for me?" She asked bewildered

I lump had formed in my chest as I replied. "Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, you guys are SOOOO lucky! 2 updates in 2 days! I hope you enjoy.

Sadly though, Sid and Kel's amazing journey is coming to an end and the next chapter will be last. So it might be a bit before I update but I promise you it will be epic.

Much love!!
xoxo