Status: Work in progress

Last Chance

Canadian Crooner

Kelly POV

We caught up with Andrea over breakfast and then decided to take Sam for a walk on beach. We weren't expecting the caterers to arrive for another hour or so and the contractors were coming after lunch to set up the tent. We were going to enjoy the qualm before the storm. Neither of us really had any idea who had RSVP'd to Taylor, all she would tell us was to expect about fifty people.

"Did anyone tell you they were coming?" I asked Sid, lacing both hand around his waste.

He unhooked Sam's leash and let her run. "Yeah, but not fifty." He gave a crooked grin. "I think Marc and Vero are coming and a few of my aunt's and uncles. Some cousins who were like two years old last time I saw them. How about you?"

"Same thing, just a couple relatives as well a few old teammates. Do you think we should be worried?"

Sid stopped and contimplated that maybe, just maybe, Taylor had invited the whole city. He shook his head and gave small chuckle. "Nah, it'll be fine."

Andrea piped up "Hey, I'm here, that's all that really matters doesn't it? And if you don't want people to know about you two being hitched, I suggest you keep your hands in your pockets. Trust me, people will notice."

I looked at my hand, took my rings off and put them on my right hand, twisting my engagement ring over so it looked like an innocent gold band. "There, maybe that will do trick?" I showed her my hand. Andrea rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah, right. If you think so." She walked ahead to grab the ball for Sam.

I turned and looked at Sid. "So, think you can keep your hands in your pockets for the night?"

"How am I supposed to keep my hands to myself when my gorgeous wife will be walking around in what I am assuming will be a gorgeous dress. I might get us in trouble. What are you wearing tonight anyways?" He asked

"I don't even know yet. Something Edna put together for me. I'm sure it will be spectacular though."

"I'm sure it -" His phone started ringing interrupting his thought. "I'm sure you'll look hot in a paper bag baby. I'm sorry, I gotta take this." Sid took a few steps, turning his back and lowering his voice so I could only hear bits and pieces of his conversation.

"Okay, perfect. See you then." He put his phone back in his pocket and made his way to where Andrea and I were.

"We should head back, caterers and contractors, and probably guests will be arriving soon. Plus my dad said he was going to help me set up ring toss before everyone gets here. I need to practice a bit. Last thing I need is my little sister showing me up at my own party."

Sid POV

The afternoon flew by and before we knew it our house was full of family and friends. Taylor did an amazing job arranging everything and although I lost the first game of ring toss to her, I came back won the next two. A few guys from the team made the trip but I was most surprised when Geno showed up. Normally he spent all summer back in the Motherland, and doesn't commit to anything in the off season.

"Hey Sid! Look who I found!" Kel came barreling around the corner. "It's Mr. Wilson! Remember, Grade twelve English. The bucket list."

I put my drink down and shook his hand. "Good to see you Mr. Wilson."

"It's Bruce now, no more Mr. Wilson. You guys are grown ups, and there isn't any need to be so formal. It's great to see you Sid. I couldn't believe my eyes when Taylor emailed me and asked me to come."

"Well, Kelly and I are thrilled you are here. We were just talking about the bucket list project not too long ago." I grabbed her hand and gave her a smile, looking down at my watch.

"What time is it Mr. Wolf?" Kel nudged me. "You keep looking at your watch, are you going to tell me what's going on?"

I shook my head. "Nope, not a chance. You'll find out in a few minutes. Which reminds me, I need to go make sure everything is okay. Stay put, no peeking. Don't make me get Andrea to babysit you. I promise you it will be worth your while."

She let out a small sigh. "Fine, I guess I can wait. You always make me wait."

I leaned in and whispered. "But it's always been worth it hasn't it?" I eyed around us to make sure no one was listening. "I promise you, you will love it and then we can make our announcement after that."

Kelly POV

The butterflies started swimming in my stomach when Sid mentioned telling everyone that we were married. It was no doubt that everyone knew we were a couple but we thought we had done a good job of covering up the fact that we were actually Mr and Mrs. Crosby. I could imagine the look on everyones faces as we broke the news.

"Hi Ms. Kelly. You want drink?" It was Geno. He was bigger than I had imagined and he was the sweetest guy, making me giggle with his broken English.

"Hi Geno. I'm okay, I already have a one. How are you? You really surprised Sid by showing up."

"Ah, Sid my little buddy. I do anything for him. Even keep his biggest secrets." He grinned and looked down at my hand.

"What? How?"

"In Russia we wear wedding ring on right hand. No left. You no worry. Your secret safe with me."

I looked down as I felt myself blush.

"Sid very lucky. He been lonely for long time. Now he has extra beautiful girl, who can skate better than him." He chuckled and threw his arms around me. Hugging me so hard it nearly knocked the wind of out me. "Now! We have Vodka! I brought good stuff!" He pulled a flask from his shorts pocket and took a swig, handing it to me when he was done. Reluctantly I obliged. I took a small sip and let the warm liquid burn my throat. If anything, it would help with my nerves.

"Thanks Geno."

He smiled. "You look, Sid is up there with microphone."

My heart dropped to my knees. What was he doing? He tapped the mic a couple times to make sure it was on and then cleared his throat to speak.

"Hi guys, can I have your attention for a second?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turn to look at him. He looked so handsome standing under a string of lanterns on a small wooden stage.

"I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for coming to celebrate tonight, and I promise dinner will be ready soon. I wanted to take this opportunity to do something special for someone very special. Has anyone seen Kelly?"

Everyone started to look around and I tried to hide behind Geno. Why was I so nervous.

"She right here Sid!" Geno yelled, picking me up and bringing up to the stage before I could protest.

"Thanks buddy." Sid gave Geno a hug after he put me down beside him.

Geno smiled and stepped back, finding a spot off to the side of the stage.

Sid gave me a soft kiss, grabbing my hand before turning back to the crowd.

"Most of you guys probably remember Kelly from our days playing street hockey and climbing out of bedroom windows. What most of your probably don't know, is that in order to do what I thought was the right thing, I also broke her heart." The crowd gave a low sigh and Sid placed his hand on his heart. "I know, I know, I was an asshole. But luckily for me, after years and years of hoping, she took me back. And having her here to celebrate my birthday with me is the best thing I could ask for." I looked over and smiled at him. "So, although it is my birthday that we celebrating, it I who has a gift for her. So, without further ado." Sid pulled back a bit and locked eyes with me. "Can I have this dance?" Right on que, the intro to a slow familiar ballad started. My heart skipped a beat when I realized that it was the intro to "Home" by Michael Buble. My eyes welled up as I looked at Sid and nodded, accepting his request to dance.

Sid smiled as he walked me to the centre of the stage and put his hand on my waist. "One more thing." He whispered.

"Really?"

"Um, yeah. Look behind you."

He twirled me around and there, standing in the corner was Michael Buble. In the flesh, serenading us. Singing the opening lines of "Home" as I stood there dumb founded. I threw my arms around Sid as the song went on. "Thank you." I whispered.

Another summer day
Has come and gone away
In Paris and Rome
But I wanna go home
Mmmmmmmm

Sid was singing quietly into my ear as we danced around he stage. "It isn't home unless I'm with you. I love you baby."

"I love you too." I whispered into his neck.

I didn't want the song to end, I didn't want the moment to end. It was perfect. As the last lyrics of the song were sung we stood walked over and grabbed Michael. Pulling into the centre of the stage to thank him.

"That was amazing, thank you." I said to Michael.

"You know what's even more amazing?" Michael asked the crowd.

Our guests mumbled to each other for a few seconds before turning their attention back to Michael.

"What's even more amazing how you two have been able to keep your little secret."

Sid and I clasped hands and smiled.

"Care to tell everyone what's really going on?" He was teasing us, egging us on.

Finally, Sid took the mic back from him and cleared his throught. "Alright, alright. Cat's out of the bag now. We aren't really celebrating my birthday, although it is still a date you should mark on your calendar." He teased. "Kelly is, more than just my best friend, More than just the most beautiful girl in the world. She's also got a wicked slap shot and most importantly, she's also my wife."

My face was red and I was feeling a little ligh headed. I was gripping Sid's hand so tightly in order to keep myself standing while I stared out at a crowd of friends and family who were standing there in awe. Jaws dropped, eyed wide. It felt like an eternity before we heard Taylor break the silence.

"Give it up for Mr. and Mrs. Crosby!" She lifted her glass up in salute. The rest of our guests raised their glasses to toast us and all of my butterflies disappeard. I was beaming.

"Alright guys, let's eat!" Sid took my hand jumped off stage, pulling me down with him.

We took our seats at the table and snuggled in closel, Sid's hand making it's way higher up my thigh. I closed my legs and eyed him. "What do you think you're doing?" I whispered.

"Sorry, I can't help it. I've got to get you a new seamstress, everything Edna makes for you I just want to rip off." He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

Our guests came in steady streams to congratulate us throughout the night and we capped it off with a rocking concert by non other than Mr. Buble.

I was sitting down on the side of the stage chatting with of Michael, shoes off, hair a mess, when Sid and Taylor found me.

"You ready?" Sid asked.

"Ready for what?" I looked at him skeptically.

"You'll see." He held his hand out to me.

"I'm not sure I can handle anymore surprises. I still don't know how you managed to pull this one off"

"Life with me, is always going to be full of surprises. You should know that by now. So, to answer my first question. Are you ready?"

"Do I have a choice?" I asked.

"Nope." He picked me up and threw me over his shoulder before I could protest.

I waved to Taylor and Michael before being carried off into the wonderfully excitng unkown.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!
I know I say this all the time, but I'm so sorry for my lack of updates. I hope it was worth the wait!