Status: Please Review!

The Cast Mate

Chapter 30

* Sam, Nick, and Winston on based off the guys from the TV show The New Girl, so thats why they are familiar, if you watch that show!!*

Silver had locked herself in the bathroom when Sean came in to get Norman's clothes. She had placed his toothbrush and bathroom stuff on their bed and was refusing to talk to Sean. He knocked on the bathroom door, tried the handle and called out to her but Silver just ignored him. Sean knew better then to push someone and he could tell how upset she was. He packed up his friend's clothes and things then walked out the apartment. When he got back to his place, Norman was sitting on the couch with his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.

" Well, she's locked in the bathroom. She won't even talk to me but I can tell she's crying." Sean said, dropping Norman's bags onto the floor and collapsing onto the love seat by the couch. " What's going on with you?"

" I don't know." Norman groaned as he leaned back into the couch. He was staring at the ceiling. " I know she's not messing around with Nick but I can't get it out of my head."

" Silver's not like,"

" I know!" Norman interrupted Sean. " I know she's not." He covered his eyes with his hands and started to rub them. " I asked her to move in with me and she said no."

" Damn, man, living together is serious. You guys haven't even known each other a year yet." Sean said.

" I know. I heard her talking to Nick and I guess I just panicked. I wasn't thinking and I asked her. She turned me down and I just lost it. I yelled at her. I told her she had to choose between me and her friends."

" Dude." Sean said.

" Yeah. I was fucking pathetic." Norman said.

" Look, I know you were fucked over bad by, she who will not be named," Sean didn't have to say her name. They both know who he was talking about. His break up with Helena had been rough and bad. It had taken Norman a while to get over it but sometimes, his past would reappear and affect him in a negative way. " but Silver is not her. She's a good girl and wouldn't do that to you. I can't image her doing that to anyone."

For the rest of their time together, Silver avoided them. They only saw her when they had scenes with her. It was also the only time she would meet Norman's eyes. He hadn't tried to talk to her. He wanted to give her space and he needed to figure out what was happening to him. During their scenes, she acted the same as before. No one would have guess they had broken up but when Troy yelled cut and the sets were cleared, Silver disappeared from everyone. The day they were scheduled to leave, the boys found out that Silver had caught an earlier flight.

When they were all back in town she only had another week of filming before she was done. Again she avoided them both. She knew that they were always together and didn't want to run into Norman so she avoided Sean too. They did their scenes together so as long as the camera was rolling, no one knew what was going on just below the surface. There was even one scene where Murphy had to grab Aurora and throw her to the ground. Then he had to climb on top of her to protect her from flying bullets. His hands were tight on her shoulders why he laid over her. It went off well until Troy yelled cut. Then Silver pushed him off her hard and jumped up quickly. She didn't give him a second glance before she hurried away.

At the end of her last day, when Troy yelled out and announced Aurora was all wrapped up, everyone gave her hugs and shook her hand. But she disappeared into the crowd before either Norman or Sean could say anything to her. Sean followed her to her trailer. He gave her enough time to changed out of Aurora's clothes and into her street ones before he knocked.

" Silver! It's Sunny! Open up!" He called out. Silver answered the door with a smile, a weak smile, but a smile. He had his hands resting on either side of the railing. " You know, when you and Reedus broke up, I didn't know that meant you and I had to break up too."

" I'm sorry, Sunny." She moved out of the way to allow him come in.

" I'm allowed to have my own friends." He said. He moved through her trailer and sat down at the little table she had. She closed the door and sighed.

" I just thought it would be easier for me if I didn't see you guys anymore than I had too." She said, leaning against the counter with her arms crossed over her chest.

" I'm only going to say this and then we never have to talk about Reedus again, okay?" Sean said.

" Sure." Silver said.

" He's pretty upset. He knows he was a dick and acted stupid. Take that and do what you want with it but don't shut me out. I had a blast with you. I think you're cool as shit and I'd still like to hang out with you and your boys." Silver smiled and nodded.

" I'd like that too." She agreed.

The crew wrap party was a month later and she hadn't seen or talked to Norman the entire month. She hadn't planned on going but Sean begged her through texts until she finally agreed. She asked Sam to go with her and he and Winston took her shopping. They wanted her to buy a ' killer' dress and to get her hair done. Silver had laughed but once they started shopping, she found she was really enjoying herself.

Norman was standing next to Sean, Lauren, and one of her friends at the wrap party. He had his hands in his pockets and was smiling at something Lauren's friend, Jenna, said. His eyes were continuing to scan the club for her but Silver hadn't turned up yet. He was nervous to see her and nervous that he wouldn't see her. Once she finally walked in, he was blown away.

Silver's long hair hung in soft waves down her back and she was a wearing a little black dress that was tight in the areas it was supposed to be tight in. It was sleeveless and hugged her frame. It looked like it was made out of silk. The dress stopped just a little above her knees and she was wearing her favorite black heels. He was throw right back to her room where he would watch her walk around in those heels and nothing else. He hadn't been allowed to move or reach for her until she had given him the permission to. The second her words would release him, Norman had always launched himself to her, pulling her straight to the floor.

" Holy shit." Sean whistlered out as he let his elbow come to rest against his friend's shoulders. " She looks good enough to eat." Then he shook his head and patted Norman's chest. " I'm sorry, man." Norman just nodded as he watched her walk with Sam. She had her hand linked with his arm and was smiling as they talked with Troy.

Some time during the night, Norman and Silver had caught eyes. She gave him a small smile while he returned it with one of his own. She nodded then turned away from him. Every one was coming up to him, commenting on what she was wearing and how she looked. He couldn't find a time when Sam was not suction cupped to her side until Sam wondered off to the bathroom. Norman made a bee line for her right away.

" Hey." He said in his usual soft tone. Silver's eyes drifted past him, looking for Sam.

" Ah, hey." She said. It took a few seconds before she could look at him.

" Wow, you look amazing. Really beautiful. That dress is stunning." Norman said.

" Oh, thanks." Silver looked down at her dress as she ran her hands down her sides. " Sam and Winston picked it out."

" Well they did a great job. How have you been?" He asked.

" I'm okay. You doing alright?" She asked.

" Yeah." Norman said slowly. " Yeah, yeah, totally. Mingus misses you. He asks about you all the time." Silver smiled and clasped her hands in front of her. She had a death grip on the little black clasp purse she had with her.

" I miss him. Tell him I said hi." She said.

" Yeah, I will." She nodded as they fell into silence again. Finally, Norman cleared his throat and started to rub his finger against his chin. " So listen, I'd love to have drinks with you sometime. No pressure, just drinks. I'd like to talk to you about things but maybe we could just have drinks first." He suggested. To his surprise, Silver smiled and nodded.

" I'd like that." She said, making him smile.

" Great. So I'll...."

" Norman, I'm ready for that ride you promised me." Jenna purred as she interrupted them. She let her hand travel across his chest as she pressed herself against him. " I'm tired of waiting and I want you now." Silver's sharp intake of breath made the girl look behind her. " Oh, hi. I didn't see you standing there. Sorry you had to see me molesting my boyfriend."

" You know what, on second thought, I'm not really that thirsty." Silver said as she started to back away.

" Silver, wait, she's not my girlfriend." He said quickly, taking Jenna's hands off him.

" Yeah, I'm more like his fuck buddy!" Jenna called out.

" Jenna, shut the hell up!" Norman snapped at her. " Silver, wait!" He called out. Silver threw one hand into the air as she picked up her pace to get away from him. " What the fuck are you doing?" He snapped when he spun around to face Jenna who was smiling.

" What? You don't need that little nothing." She said. " I can take care of your needs."

" Just get away from me." He said.

" What's going on?" Sean asked, having seen Silver hurrying away with tears in her eyes.

" I finally talked to Silver, got her to agree to having a drink with me when Jenna rubs up on me and tells her we're fucking!"

" Lauren said it would be funny." Jenna whined.

" How was it not funny? Did you see her face? I bet she's crying now." Lauren filled in as she joined the conversation. Sean shook his head and closed his eyes.

" You have got to be shitting me." He muttered.

" How the hell was that funny?!" Norman snapped. " You just completely blow my chance for fixing things with her!" Sean opened his eyes and took a hold of Lauren's arm.

" We need to talk." He said as he started pulling her away from the group.

" What?" Lauren asked.

" This little game you are playing is over, do you hear me?" Sean hissed low to her. They were facing each other. " You know what he has been like since they broke up. He isn't going to go after one of your friends so drop it! You know how he feels about her but you just chose to act like a fucking bitch! He's my best friend. He's hurting and you just made it worst. This is over between us."

XXXXXX

Silver had her face covered with her hands as she cried in Sam's front seat. Sam's arm was across her shoulders. He held her close to him and listened as she hiccuped her way through the explaination on what had happen. He shook his head and tried his best to calm her down. He rubbed her back until she calmed down and pulled away.

" He's a dick, Sil. I'm sorry that you had to see him with someone but let's not let it ruin our night. You look sexy, I'm looking good in this suit, let's hit the clubs." Sam said.

" I look a mess." Silver said.

" Well, we can clean up your face then head out. Let's pretend to be different people with every bar we hit. When's the last time you and I went out alone." He said, making Silver smile.

" You're right. I didn't buy the dress to sit around and cry in it." She agreed. " Let's go out."

" That's my girl." Sam said as he wiped her cheeks. He sighed and stared hard into her eyes. " He's stupid, you know. It was really stupid of him to let you go like this. He has no idea how special you are. One day you are going to meet a man who will adore you and treat you just how you should be treated." Silver smiled and sighed.

" Thank you, Sam." She said.