Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

I stared at him, I was being torn. Torn to go to my cousin's or go with him. Taking a deep breath, I lifted up my stuff and followed him. "I can handle eleven hours," I said and followed him out of the station and back to his car.

I stopped and looked at him. "Why are we like this Greg?" I asked, causing him to stop as well and look at me "We get along so damn well when you're not pushing me away and I'm running. Am I the only one to see, even though we butt heads so much, we match? " I asked.

Greg just stared at me before shaking his head and continued walking. "You're not the only one," he said simply before he started back towards the school. Pushing my bag up onto my shoulder, I continued to walk behind him.

Once at the car, I put my stuff in the trunk before getting in the passenger seat of the car. Looking at Greg, I reached over and turned on the radio. "Can't have it quiet the whole way there," I said. Greg just shook his head and drove off. I didn't miss the faint smile on his lips.

Seven Hours Later

"Greg, we need to stop," I said, rubbing my stomach, causing him to look at me "I'm starving. I haven't eaten since this morning before I left the house," I said. Greg sighed and looked around.

"I'm hungry, too," he said as he pulled up to this off the road diner. Jumping out of the car, I closed the door and hurried inside. Taking a deep breath as my stomach growled loudly, Greg looked at me, raising an eyebrow.

"What? I told you I was hungry," I retorted, laughing softly and sitting down as a waitress came over, handing us a menu

"What can I get you two lover boys to drink this evening?" she asked, smiling warmly. Greg stared at her shocked then at me. I just smiled at him and shrugged.

"I'll have a large sweet tea please," I smiled, Greg ordering the same. She smiled as she wrote it down.

"I'll be right back with those drinks, lovelies," she said and walked off. Watching her leave, I turned back and looked at Greg.

"Well then," I said, causing Greg to laugh and shrug his shoulders as he continued to look over the menu. She came back a few minutes later and set down our drinks before taking our food orders.

Once we finished, both our stomachs full, we stood up and wobbled "Oh,I don't know if I wanna sit in a car for another four hours," i said, rubbing my stomach.

"Hey, dearies! I have a room upstairs you two can have for the night," the women called, smiling at us. "Room's warm, bed's comfy and no one will bug you. Plus I'll bring you free breakfast before you leave," she said.

Looking at Greg, I grabbed his hand. "We'll take it," I said and dragged Greg behind me up the stairs. "I'd rather sleep in a comfy bed for a while then sit any longer in that car on a full stomach," I remarked. Thanking the women, she smiled as she said it wasn't a problem.

Sitting on the edge of the bed, I pulled off my shoes and shirt. Falling back onto the bed with a groan, rubbing my stomach before looking at him. "Tell me the real reason why you push me away. I know it has nothing to do with my age," I said, slowly sitting up. "Were you hurt before?" I asked.