Sequel: I Won't Give Up

A Blend of Fear & Passion

Dawson

I stared up at the stage, Greg standing beside me. I started towards the steps and stopped, turning to Greg who waved me on. Turning around, I returned to his side. "Go up with me ... just this once," I said.

Greg looked at me before nodding his head and following him up the steps and stood beside me on the stage. Staring at each other I spoke first. "You're wrong about them not wanting someone like you," I said, lightly running my hand gently down his cheek. "You can do this, Greg. Let go of what he did to you in the past and leave it there. Think only of the future and what it can hold for you," I said.

"Why do you always make -" I stopped him, placing a finger on his lips as I stared into his eyes.

"No, you listen to me this time, Greg. I understand he hurt you, but not everyone in this world is like that. Look at me and the shit you've put me through. I've had so many chances to run and leave you behind but I came back and I'll still come years from now," I said

Greg stared at me, searching my eyes before his own widened. "You're serious," he said as I nodded my head and looked around before looking back at him

"You belong here as much as I do, Greg. Perhaps on that day you just weren't ready, maybe that day someone had better and bigger plans for you. There's a reason I came into your life and that's to show you that you can fall in love again and be happy and that you can end up here on this stage just as I can," I said.

Greg stared at me before looking around. "It won't be easy," he said before turning back and facing me, giving me a smile. I walked up and grabbed his hand and yanking him towards my body.

"I never said it would be. We'll continue to push each other, Greg. To work our body until we can't anymore then stand up and continue. We'll use our voices until we don't have one anymore then continue again," I said.

Greg stared at me before standing straight and looking firmly into my eyes. "You really don't care about the age between us or anything do you, Dawson?" he asked. I shook my head and laughed.

"Age doesn't matter when it comes to love. My mother was fifteen when she met my father who was twenty seven. They got married as soon as she was eighteen and had me three years later.Greg, they showed me that no matter how many times someone get hurt, they need to stand up and move on. Keep their head up or the're just giving their power over to the person who hurt them," I said, reaching up and wrapping my arms around his neck as I stared into his eyes.

"Like you have been for the last ten years, giving him power over you with your anger and resentment instead of stepping up and letting yourself be happy. Taking the power back and showing everyone around you that yes, you failed the first time but you were going to keep trying and trying until you won, to show that determination," I said.