‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Lex

Lex looked at herself in the mirror. Another day of school; Seven crap hours of her life.

Two months have passed. She’s dropped two more places to #27. She didn’t know how she would get herself out of this hole. She would lose all her friends and priveleges. She would be friendless if she dropped into the 30’s.

Overall she thought this whole popularity list was stupid.

She heard her lap top beep. An e-mail from Elle.

-Lex, the new list is out (see attachment)

Lex clicked the attachment. Usually she went straight down to the 20’s-30’s part of the list. Today she was #28.

She sighed. Why did she care so much? Was it because she wanted to be accepted and liked? She would never be liked. Kylan hated everyone. Why did Kylan hate everyone?

She shook the thought of the world on her shoulders and got ready for school. She dressed to impress. To impress whoever wrote the stiupid list every week. Some people think it’s a teacher or a past graduate. Other’s believe it’s some eighth grader. Lex always thought it was Kylan, he liked playing with their minds.



“I heard your weekend didn’t go that well” Elle said when she met Lex in the bathroom. That’s how a typical morning started for them.

“It sucked” Lex said. She put on her lip gloss.

“I told everyone you lost you V-card to Ryan…I’m surprised you didn’t move up” Lex thought about Saturday night with Ryan. They were at Elle’s party since her parents were out for the day.

“It wasn’t that great…Ryan probably told everyone it sucked” Lex said.

“Well talk to him about it”

“We broke up last night” Lex said.

“Oh no! but you haven’t even benefited from dating someone as popular as him!” Elle said.

“He broke up with me” Lex said. “He’s probably had much better sex before” Elle hugged Lex.

“Aw, we’ll find you someone better…I’ll even give you some tips”



Once again in Law, Elle was gushing about all the things she did that weekend. It was torture everyday for Kylan to just know Elle existed. How come her parents failed so badly?

“So yeah I got Lex to lose her virginity to Ryan” Elle said. “I’m like a matchmaker or something…but she broke up with him” she lied.

“She broke up with him?” a friend asked. “No way, he’s gorgeous!”

“I know. I asked her why she would do such a thing. She didn’t have a valid reason”

“But lets’ be honest here” Kylan started. He loved causing drama. Pissing Elle off had become a little hobby of his since they started high school. “Lex is WAY prettier than you” the bell rung. Kylan smirked as he got up from his seat. Elle was shocked.

Elle’s friend shook her head. “He didn’t mean it”

“Oh I meant it!”



The following week it looked like Lex had reached it all time low. She was now #30. Nothing could help her now. She was doomed to a life of no social life.

Elle was at a new high, she was now #7 while Ryan moved up to #6. The break up benefited everyone…but Lex.



Ryan, Kylan, Adam and Frankie walked into the locker room to change after gym class.

“I love it” Kylan said. “I love fucking with Elle. She hates me. I hate her more. Last week I told her Lex is prettier than her”

“Yeah I can get behind that” Adam said. “Lex is prettier”

“Elle’s such a slut…she reminds me of a…slut”

“Get better at your jokes” Adam whipped Frankie on the head with his gym shorts. “Or we can’t be friends” Frankie is #107. The list didn’t stop his friendship with Adam, and it never would.

“I broke up with Lex” Ryan said. “It was mostly mutually…we both kind of realied it wasn’t working. So really we just decided to part ways”

“Lame” Adam said.

“You can climb the social food chain with her” Frankie said. “I hate Lex”

Ryan shrugged. After Adam and Frankie left the locker room, Kylan wanted to know the real reason why he left Lex.

“No bullshit, Ry” he started. “What’s up with Lex” Ryan sighed.

“We had sex at Elle’s birthday party on Saturday” he said. “I don’t know…to be honest, I’m not sure if I’m completely heterosexual. It didn’t feel right” he explained. “Lex is a cool girl, though, she’ll make another boy happy one day”

Kylan hid his smiles. One does not just feel bisexual without getting with a guy. Kylan could feel it, Ryan was definitely homosexual.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wish i had some kind of lesson that comes from this story. Maybe the teenagers of america will learn something. It'll have like a hidden theme that only the reader can interpret.

Thanks for the Recs/Subs/Comments!