‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Ryan

Adam had that swag to his personality. He walked like he owned the place. In fact he literally owned the place. He was ranked #1 in the entire school. He was literally the god of their school. Everyone wanted to be him.

Other people were damn close to where Adam was. Elle was #8 and Lex was #25. They were both making their way up. Emmi, who was ranked at #200 was making her way up due to her new relationship status.

Here’s how you can make your name known in the school. You can be like Emmi and date someone in the top five. That immediately brings you into the top 100 and after that it’s a struggle. Lex was on the hunt for a popular boyfriend. BUT that meant possibly dating someone younger than her. You don’t date people younger than you are if you’re a girl, then you’re demoted a few places on the list.

Their generation takes popularity more seriously than other generations of high school students. They will literaly destroy each other to be higher on this list. Everyone wanted to be like Adam.



“I’m serious, Lex is dropping on the list every week” Elle said. “If she drops into the 30’s then I can’t be seen with her” Elle said during Law class. Kylan rolled her eyes. Why was he cursed with this seat behind her?

“I know right” another girl said. “We can’t be seen with people in the 30’s”

“Although I can use her to my advantage” Elle started. “Maybe I can sabotage my friendship for more points. Just three more places and I’m in the coveted top five”

“Staying in the top five is damn hard though”

“A little struggle never hurt anyone” Kylan sighed. “Am I bothering you, Kylan?” she asked him.

“Not at all…continue with your speal on popularity, Elle, please!” he said sarcastically.

“This is why you’re number sixty”

“I wish I gave a rats ass”

“Anyways” Elle turned to her friend. “I was thinking about getting Lex to date Ryan. He’s number six”

“Oh they’d be cute together!”

“I know, I’m the match maker from heaven!” Elle gave her self a pat on the back. “Although he’s a band geek”

“He’s gorgeous though. Lex will move up with his help”



“NO NO NO!” Lex exclaimed. “Ryan is too good for me” Elle shook her head.

“If you don’t’ ask him out then you’ll never move up. If you drop to the 30’s we can’t be seen with each other” Lex couldn’t believe what she was hearing. They went back years! How could Elle give up her friendship just because of a list? Although the list was better then doing drugs everyday.

“Fine” Lex said. “But if he says no, we’ll have problems” Lex could see Ryan from her seat in the cafeteria. Usually all the popular kids got window tables.

Lex strutted across the cafeteria to Ryan’s table. “Hey Ryan”



“We should definitely double date this weekend” Adam said to Kylan. “You and Emmi are close, right?” Kylan nodded.

“If I had a love life I would” Kylan said. “But I don’t so just go with Jamie and Frankie”

“We do, we love it, but Frankie and Jamie are kind of…”

“Weird? Awkward?”

“No horny”

“Really?”

“Yeah they kiss like A LOT”

“Hmmm, interesting” the two headed into the lockeroom to change after gym. “Frankie doesn’t seem like that type”

“Believe me he is” Ryan was already changing in the locker room with a few other guys. Adam dropped his shorts. “They’ll talk for like two seonds, giggle and then suck each other’s faces. They brought a new definition to the word horny”

“Are they fucking?” Kylan asked.

“No, Frankie doesn’t know where to put it” Kylan giggled. “Thank god, he might put it in her eye” Frankie walked into the locker room.

“Stop talking about it” Frankie said. “I didn’t know girls had two holes down there”

While Adam was changing Ryan was kind of staring, but in a settle way. It looked like he was trying to keep up with the conversation but Kylan knew. Kylan’s gaydar was on and Ryan was beeping.