‹ Prequel: Secrets
Sequel: We Run This Town

The Motto

Ryan

After Ryan basically confessed about questioning his sexual orientation, Kylan and Ryan got a lot closer. Kylan wanted to confess something too but he wanted to get closer to him.

They talked a lot and started to hang out a lot too. They mostly talked about gay relationships and gaydar and gay people in society.

“I don’t understand why being gay is bad” Ryan said. “This is probably why I never really talked to my parents about it—I don’t want them to hate me”

“Same here”

“What?” Kylan turned to Ryan.

“I’m gay” he said. “Fine I said it” Ryan smiled.

“Well, I’m gay too” they smiled. What a weight that’s been lifted off their shoulders. Kylan could finally breathe.

“I wonder what gay sex is like” Ryan said. He felt like no question was inappropriate.

“I wonder what straight sex is like” Ryan turned to Kylan.

“It’s not that great” they continued to look up at the stars.

“Look at all those stars…they all look the same” Kylan started. “One can easily go unnoticed in a place like this”



When they both came out to each other, Ryan felt very safe. He felt free with Kylan. At school he was this popular kid, with Kylan he was a human being with real feelings.

He started to like Kylan. He was so sweet and nice to Ryan and he was gay. He was gay, Ryan was gay, they were already perfect for each other.

The met again after school on a Thursday to talk. At least once or twice a week they met up to talk about anything.

“I want to come out to the world” Kylan said. “But I don’t want to draw attention to myself”

“You deserve attention”

“Not when you lose a sibling or a daughter”

“Oh”

“I tried coming out a while ago but they were too sad. Most nights someone is crying. It’s really not getting any better. I really want to move on, though”

“Why don’t you just tell them” Ryan said.

“Why don’t you tell your parents, then?”

“Touche” Kylan smiled.

“I didn’t tell my parents about Lex until I was dating her…maybe I will find a nice boy and they’ll understand…maybe”

“Your parents are lucky to have a guy like you…they’ll love you anyways”

“I sure hope so”

Kylan sat up and looked at Ryan. “What?” he asked. Kylan shrugged. Ryan sat up too. Kylan just took a chance. He leaned in and kissed Ryan. Ryan didn’t hesitate.