‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Liam

Four Days

That's how long it's been since I last held Jace or even heard his voice. leaning my head against the wall,I tugged on the rope that held my hands above my head before sighing. I was growing weaker from lack of food and water. Hearing the door open once again,the blinding light causing me to clench my eyes shut and look away.

I heard a loud crash not long after followed by yelling. I just managed to catch the sound of Zeth's voice "Liam! Liam where are you!? " He called,causing me to tug harder on the rope. My eyes opening wide.

"Zeth! Zeth in here! hurry!" I yelled and watching his figure appear in the door way,bloody but alive 'Oh thank god" I said,staring up at him just before the rope was cut from my hands and my body was being held up.

"Jarrek don't!" Zeth exclaimed,stepping forward then freezing as something was pressed against my throat "Jarrek please. come on man this isn't you" Zeth said,I could just barely see his hand reaching behind his back but my vision began to grow blurry.

Time Elapse

"Liam..Liam wake up..come on wake up" I heard someone's voice echoing in my head. Letting out a soft groan,I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring at Jace "thank god,you've been out of it for two days.." he said softly. i closed my eyes and leaned my head to the side.

"Jace..." i whispered softly,grabbing his hand in my own as my breathing remained rough. Jarrek had put me through hell and I knew,I just knew I'd have the scars to prove it.

"Don't speak..try and rest Liam.." he whispered,I felt his hands on my stomach followed my searing pain throughout my body,causing me to scream and shove him away "Liam!" he exclaimed,staring at me wide eyed.

I didn't respond. I just laid there,panting heavily as the pain slowly ebbed away before gently lifting my shirt. Almost every inch of my stomach had been horribly burned by some sort of acid Jarrek stumbled across. "Oh god Liam.." he gasped,hands covering his mouth.

Gripping the couch,I slowly sat up but quickly fell back down. clenching my teeth as the pain ran through me again "Liam please..don't move. I'm going to cut the shirt away from you and clean that up" I heard someone speak above me and found myself staring at Paulie.

Watching him closely I just nodded my head and placed a pillow in my mouth as Paulie began to work on my burns,hot tears streaming down my face as I gripped Jace's hand tightly.

Time Elapse-Three months

My stomach healed but remained horribly scarred but with Jace's help. I fought past and soon returned to normal...I did anyways. Jace,however,seemed even more keen on being around me wherever I went.

I woke up early one morning and got dressed,slipping my new gun into my belt and pulling my shirt over it. Looking at Jace,I leaned down and kissed him softly and stroked his hair before heading out for a run. Leaving a note attached to his lamp.

No one had heard a word from Jarrek since everything and Zeth stil refused to tell me what happened once I blacked out. pictures of him would be around town,stating that he was missing. But I knew in my heart that he wasn't just missing,I knew that Zeth had done and that was make sure Jarrek never ever tried coming after me or Jace again.

About a mile into my run,I heard my phone buzz in my pocket and came to a stop. Flipping it open,I saw a message from a friend of mine,stating that the ring I was getting for Jace was ready. Taking a u turn,I headed over to her house and gathered the ring. "Thanks " i said,smiling at her before leaving.

I twirled the ring as I walked back inside the house and into the bedroom,seeing Jace still asleep in the bed. Gently sitting down beside him,i took his hand and slipped the ring on his finger before leaning down and kissing him "Wake up my love" i whispered.