‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Liam/Paulie

After that night,everything began to return to normal. Jace working at the club with me there as well,I knew I didn't have to be there but i felt protective over Jace. Like I had to be there to keep watch. I knew it was just those old memories from the other club coming back to me but I didn't let anyone know.

Paulie and Zeth continued to join us there every night as well,hanging out and talking. It was then that I started noticing the looks between them,that same look that Jace and i shared..the look of fear but filled with a slow burning,ever growing love.

Knowing Jace was safe at the DJ stand,I continued to watch Paulie and Zeth. Watching and listening to the way they worked with each other,how every one of Paulie's movements were matched with Zeths or the same for him. The way they would finish each other's words when they were talking then look away.

As the days progressed into months,I saw the light in their eyes burning even brighter the fear in Zeth's slowly disappearing in the vassness of his love for Paulie but Paulie,I could tell he was frightened. These emotions new to him,even more so since he always believed he was straight.

"Jace..can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked,catching him as he took a break. Looking at me,he nodded his head and I pulled him outside.

"What's going on?" he asked,looking at me worriedly,shaking my head i looked back inside at Paulie and Zeth before sighing.

"Your brother and Paulie are falling in love..they have that same look in their eyes as we did" I whispered,causing Jace to shot his head in and stare at them before slowly drawing back and looking at me.

'Your right..what do we do?" he asked,looking back in.

"Nothing,we have to let them do this on their own..if things don't go the way they should then we'll involve ourselves" I said,causing Jace to nod at me. Leaning up,he hugged my neck and kissed me deeply before disappearing back inside.

Paulie

When I came to Japan,I knew I was straight. But as the weeks turned into a few short months. the emotions I was growing for Zeth grew stronger and so did my fear. Fear that this was just because I was around him so much or because I was really really falling for him.

As I sat at the bar,I watched Jace and Liam. so happy and perfect together,I feared that even if my emotions for Zeth were true that he didn't feel the same and I would be left heart broken. Something I didn't want happening.

"Paulie..you alright?" I heard Zeth ask,laying a hand on my shoulder and knocking me from my thoughts. Turning my head,I looked at him and nodded.

"I'm fine,just watching your brother and Liam,that's all" i said before looking away from him,I could feel the heat from Zeth's hand,even after he removed it. Sighing softly,I fought the urge to reach up and touch the same spot.

One night,I noticed that Liam was paying extra attention to Zeth and I. A knowing look in his eyes before he walked away and disappeared outside with Jace,shaking my head. I moved out onto the dance floor and towards the bathrooms.

Locking myself in a stall,i sat on the seat and stared at the floor. Racking my brain for any thoughts or reasons as to why I was feeling like this towards Zeth and the only thing I could come up with was love.

I was really falling in love with Zeth and it utterly scared me out of my mind.