‹ Prequel: Crowded Room
Sequel: Heaven Can Wait

Thinking of Winter

Zeth

Japan has be utterly amazing these last few months. The scary this is, I was falling for a guy who has been my best friend for seven years. Why in the hell would this happen now? I mean, I never thought myself as gay, but bisexual. I wanted to have a child that was mine one day.

The feelings I was getting for Paulie, though, they were something else. The last few months that I've spent with him have been amazing. He's sensitive, funny, charming, and just plan old fun to be around. I watched for months the looks and stares that were shared between Liam and Jace and saw that the same thing was happening between Paulie and I.

One night at the club, Paulie was chatting it up with Liam. "Hey, man," Liam said, giving me a high five. "Where have you been?" he asked out of sheer curiosity.

"Went and grabbed lunch," I said, holding up to bags. Looking towards Jace, I saw him look my way and lifted the food so he could see it. Nodding, he called up the back up DJ and made his way over. Making our way to the back room, we set up the old ping-pong table and grabbed our chairs.

Stuffing down the food, we all talked about random things. During the entire meal, Paulie and I kept stealing glances. I glanced at Liam who immediately looked down. He knew. The bastard. Putting it aside, I rejoined the conversation, my eyes still landing on Paulie every minute or so.

Time Elapse

Once home, Paulie went straight to bed, saying his goodnight and giving me a small smile. I smiled back and said goodnight, plopping down on the couch. Grabbing the guitar I bought a few weeks ago, I sat up and started strumming, barely realizing what I was singing. "Even though the moment passed me by, I still can't turn away. All the dreams you never thought you'd lose got tossed along the way.
Letters that you never meant to send lost or thrown away. Now we're grown up orphans that never knew their names." It was the song I sang when I had feelings I wasn't sure someone reciprocated and it helped me get through a little bit.

Letting out a small sigh, I continued, not noticing Paulie entering the room. "We don't belong to no one. That's a shame. If you could hide inside me, maybe for awhile, and I won't tell no one your name. And I won't tell 'em your name." Getting angry, I threw the guitar on the couch and stood up, walking over to the window and looking out into the shadows. "Goddamn it, Paulie! Why do I fucking love you so much?" I yelled, hitting the wall with all my force.

I heard a gasp and my eyes closed. I guess I have to face the music now.