We Were Just Kids In Love

Just Slow It Down

Two days later Alexa and I were at Starbucks. I didn't hear from Garrett at all. 

"So what happened with Garrett last Friday?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me

"We just talked for a few hours then he drove me home." 

"And then?" she said looked at me expectantly

"And then that's it. He drove me home and then I went to bed."

"You didn't sleep with him?" 

"Jesus I just met the guy. Of course not"

She  laughed "Speaking of the guy you just met,  look who just walked in"

I turned around and saw Garrett with a really tall guy. He looked our way and smiled when he saw us. I gave a little wave and he waved back and made his way to our table. His friend following him.

"Hey guys!" He said smiling.

"Hey, you guys wanna join us?" I asked. They said yes and sat down.

"This is John by the way"

I smiled at John and he smiled back and said hey. 

"John O'Callaghan. I haven't seen you in a while" Alexa said with one eyebrow raised. 

"Alexa Sawyer. Maybe you haven't been looking. I don't know if you've noticed but it's pretty hard for a lot of people not to notice my good looks" He smirked

She just rolled her eyes and laughed. I raised an eyebrow at her. I didn't know they were friends.

"So we're having a party at my house tonight. You guys wanna come?" John said

"We'd love to" Alexa said with a grin on her face before I could say anything. 

A sigh slipped out of my lips. Garrett must've heard because he chuckled.

"Actually, Sam and I were planning to watch a movie tonight. Right Sam?" He grinned. 

I looked at him confused but slowly realized that he was saving me from another party. 

"Y-yeah. Maybe next time. But you can go if you want, Lex" I smiled at her. She smiled back and nodded. 

We stayed there and talked for a while until it was already 7. John and Alexa left to go to John's house which left Garrett and I alone. 

"So... a movie huh?" I smirked.

"W-we don't have to watch if you don't want to. I mean I just said that because I know you didn't want to go to the party because I heard you si-"

I cut him off "Garrett. It's okay. Come on let's go watch a movie." I said laughing a little. 

We went to the cinemas but there wasn't really anything good showing. 

"I don't really like these movies." I said.

"Me too. We can go to my house and watch some movies there. I have some good ones. Do you like zombies?"

"Zombies?" My voice broke. I hated zombies. I don't know why but they just scared the shit out of me. 

"Yeah. Zombies." He laughed. "Why? Are you scared?" 

"Of course not. Why would I be scared? I love zombies."

"Okay then. Let's go" He chuckled

We went to his house to watch some movies. His parents weren't home so we were alone. We sat on his couch and watched. 

The movie was brutal and after 15 minutes 5 people were already dead. I buried my face in Garrett's chest as a girl was being chased by a zombie. 

"Turn it off, Garrett. Turn it off. Please please please. Just turn it off." I practically begged him.

He laughed and wrapped an arm around me. "I thought you loved zombies"

I looked up and glared at him. Then the girl from the movie screamed which caused me to scream too. I buried my face in his chest again. "Garrett, I swear to god if you don't turn that thing off I'm leaving"

He just laughed even harder. I looked up and suddenly our faces were inches apart. 

I could feel his breath on my lips. He slowly leaned in to kiss me. Our lips were probably an inch apart when another scream came from the TV which caused me to jump. 

He chuckled "Sorry I didn't mean to-"

"No no it's okay. Nothing to be sorry about" I said with a smile. He smiled back. 

"You wanna go get something to eat?"

"Yes as long as you there won't be any zombies involved anymore" 

We decided to get some pizza. The rest of the night was spent eating, laughing and talking. The almost kiss wasn't mentioned the whole night. 

He brought me home at around 11. That night, I couldn't stop thinking about Garrett and the almost kiss. I just met him three days ago. Why couldn't I stop thinking about him? Was I starting to develop feelings for him?