Status: Active x

Tongue-Tied

Tell The World

Styles Spotted with Mystery Girl... Again.

I stared at the page in the magazine, examining the way Harry and I were ducked from the cameras, yet they'd somehow still managed to capture us. Our fingers were interlocked, but my face was hidden from the camera, shielded by my free hand. Harry's head was tilted downwards, so all that you could see was the tip of his nose and an array of curls. That was the seventh picture of us released to the press in our four months of dating. We'd been trying desperately to keep our relationship private... but neither of us liked being cooped up all the time. Somehow, we were caught on almost every date.

"Harry, have you seen this?" I called out to the kitchen. He was making us popcorn, while I sat in the bedroom, rifling through my DVD collection. I picked out an old horror movie, and put it in.

"Seen what, babe?"

"New picture of us."

Harry re-entered the room, a bowl of popcorn in his large hands. "Oh, yeah. I saw that," he shrugged, sitting down next me and wrapping an arm around my waist. "At least they can't see your face, huh?"

"I guess..." I shrugged my shoulders, leaning into Harry's chest. Lately, I'd been thinking about maybe going a bit more public. It was horrible, having to hide away all the time. I didn't even particularly care about the hate I was sure to get. I cared about Harry- a lot. I didn't want to hide that.

"Something on your mind?" Harry asked, popping a handful of popcorn in his mouth as the opening credits of the movie started playing. In our short time in this relationship he could already see right through me.

"Yeah, actually... there is," I started, and Harry turned the volume down on to the TV, turning his full attention towards me.

"What is it?"

"Well... you know, all these pictures... And articles speculating who I am..." I said, gesturing towards the article in the celebrity magazine. "Maybe we should just... tell people."

"Tell people?" He asked, furrowing his brow. "Like who? The lads all know..."

"I mean like, the world. So we don't have to hide anymore, Harry..." I looked at him, and he nodded, taking the idea in slowly.

"Are you sure?" He asked, kissing my cheek quickly. We had a tendency to not be able to go very long before kissing each other. It was almost becoming a habit... not that I was complaining

"I think I am."

Harry grinned, grabbing my chin and pulling me into a long, slow kiss. The past few months as his girlfriend had been blissful to say the least. Everything he did absolutely entranced me, I couldn't keep my eyes off him. The fact that he lived so close to me was amazing, as well. We could walk down the hallway and see each other right away. "I have an interview tomorrow... I can announce it then."

"Really?" I asked, visibly lighting up. He did, too.

"Of course," he said chuckling, before leaning in and kissing me.

Image

The whole preparation for the interview went by in a blur. I was nervous, obviously, about revealing my relationship. Everyone seemed to assume that the "mystery" girl was my girlfriend, but now I was finally confirming it. I didn't know how the fans would react... I didn't want Penny to get hated on. I knew the other boys' girlfriends got quite a lot of insults and death threats. I was afraid about how she'd react to that.

We were ushered out of hair and make up, and onto the set. The interview would be opening with us already there, so I didn't have to worry about walking queues or anything. The interviewer was a sweet looking girl, in her late twenties or so. Her name was Beth, if I remembered correctly.

"Okay, we're rolling," one of the camera men voiced, and Beth turned to all of us. This was a fairly informal interview, which I liked. I liked being able to... relax a bit. Having bright studio lights, dozens of crew members and extremely expensive-looking cameras was a bit much sometimes.

"Hello everyone, I'm here with One Direction to answer some of your burning twitter questions. First, boys, could you introduce yourselves?"

"I'm Harry," I started. I was on the far left, to my right Louis, Niall, Liam then Zayn. They introduced themselves respectively, and the interviewer delved right into the questions. There were some questions directly to each of us, some general ones. I let the rest of the boys do the answering for the most part, trying to come up with a way to announce my relationship. I hadn't really... done this before. I was sort of at a loss.

"Okay, we got this question from quite a few girls, so I figured I had to ask. How many of you are single?"

Thank god. Now I didn't have to be the one to bring it up. That would have been rather awkward, just thrusting my relationship into the public when no one was asking.

Niall sort of awkwardly raised his hand, letting Beth know he was the only single one. However, her eyes were fixed on me. "Harry? You have a girlfriend?"

"Yeah, actually. Her name is Penny." I answered, grinning. The rest of the lads gave me questioning looks. They had no idea I'd be telling the press this. "We started dating a few months back."

"Oh, really? When is the world going to meet this lovely lady?" Beth asked, smiling slightly. I was a bit uneasy, to be entirely honest. I never really said this much about my relationships in interviews.

"Hopefully soon," I said with a firm nod, and that was the end of that. The interview moved along, and it was like it'd never even happened. I knew when I got home however, I'd have a flood of twitter mentions, articles about me, speculations about Penny... and everything else. It'd happened to the other boys. I was a bit nervous for that, but not for my sake. It was for hers. I didn't want anything to upset her.

Finally, the interview ended and I was quickly on my way home. I hardly stayed to talk to the lads for more than a few minutes after the whole ordeal was over. I wanted to talk to Penny right away. I was nervous- maybe now that it had actually happened, our relationship was actually public, she didn't like it like that. I was worried. I sped home in the range rover, ran up the steps of our building, and hastily knocked on Penny's door.

"Coming!"

I chuckled slightly, as I heard her running around the flat. I knew she was trying to look nice before she opened the door, maybe clean up a bit... I really didn't care how she looked. Cheesy as it sounded, she was beautiful no matter what. When the door opened, I saw Penny there in only a long, baggy t-shirt. Her hair was in waves, and her eyes were free of make up. She looked absolutely gorgeous, all natural. "Oh, hey Harry."

"Hey, gorgeous," I mumbled, stepping into the flat without invitation and closing the door behind me. I grabbed her waist, rubbing it slightly. I loved the way she felt under my hands... so small and perfect. "I did it."

"You did?" She grinned, throwing her arms around my neck in a tight hug. "Thank you, Harry."

"Don't worry about it... I'm glad the whole world knows your mine," I growled slightly, leaning and kissing her roughly on the mouth. She responded, knotting her long, slender fingers in my hair and tugging it slightly.

Our mouths molded together in a hot, lustful kiss. I didn't want it to end, but eventually she pulled away to breathe.

She had this devilish look in her eyes when she looked at me. She said three words then, that made my heart race.

"Spend the night?"
♠ ♠ ♠
;)
Yeep, the next flashback chapter is gonna be smutty. Sorry not sorry.
Thanks for reading.